SUGGESTION - Nebulous Newsies & Other High Status/Bag Guide Quests

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Stellacious, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Stellacious Active Member

These quests are very popular due to their beneficial status for personal and guild use and the lovely bags they offer. To see this just stand in line when they are offered or count the requests made to have them offered. Not only are they requested frequently but many tears are shed by those who seem to always miss them. I have been in all categories depending on the character and server and would like to have this suggestion considered.

Please move these quests to NPCs that are available in game for all players whenever the player is able to be in game to take them. Rather than trying to meet the schedule of guides.

This will reduce stress on busy guides, reduce frustration for players, and overall improve game play.

Thank you for your serious consideration,

Stellacious

2. Adept Active Member

Always seem to be in the middle of the night for me, and since there seems to be minimal interaction with a guide this seems like a beneficial idea to me
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Lateana like this.
  3. Wulfen Active Member

I'm not on the Thurgadin server in any form, but one would hope it's got a Guide or two for those European and beyond. If that's not the case, someone might feel inspired to step forward and volunteer for the Guide program and its protocols.
    Back in the day before we all worked at home, Guides could be affected by real life circumstances such as a half hour traffic delay... with eager questers piling up in chaotic hordes waiting for them. Part of the charm of Everquest II is the unpredictability of this voluntary play. I feel very much for the frustration of not winning a Big Bag. At least two whole expansions have them waiting to be earned. Recently this year we fixed the Altar of Malice one, right here on this Forum.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

it might help if you go on the guide forum ( guide Events ) and find the thread for your server and request a quest and or a time frame for when it would work for you .
    There are often more than one person serving different servers as guides , and I am sure there could be something worked out with the Thurgadin group of guides to come over on other servers as guest guides .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

100% agree. I'd rather see the guide spend their time doing fun events for people instead of standing around for hours handing out utility quests.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I often have looked up quests and forgot , so yes I am still looking for those giant bag quests on many of my toons ,
    not to mention the ones that are still leveling up or are on one of the TLE servers ( been slacking on the ones that HAD to go back to the live servers )
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Adept Active Member

Necroing this thread ...

On Isle of Refuge not seen any sign of guide events scheduled for a long time but I feel the larger bags from quests are essential. The game loves to drop rubbish into my bags and I end up constantly in overflow.

What harm is there in having an npc that issues the quests? When I did them on AB I do not recall it as a fun roleplaying opportunity, other than the grumbling and complaints for people to get off mounts and get rid of familiars, and to offer it in prime time for most meant I was up at 4am trying to get the quest.

Put it on an npc ... you know it makes sense :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I disagree but if anything I'd say keep the newer status quests (Guide's Guide to Luclin & Guide's Guide to the Celestial Realm) to be given out by Guides and make an NPC that gives the older ones. (The Nebulous Newsies, Thalumbra etc.) The guide program is a really fun addition to EQ/EQ2, completely removing these quests from the Guide's wouldn't be ideal. These big quests are almost like an advertisement for the smaller quests most people don't know about, or simply ignore, which adds to the immersion of Norrath and beyond.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! On Public Test, we have tons of the Guide quests that are handled by NPCs. Nebulous Newsies, strangely, isn't one of them, though I'm not sure why; once you get it from the original quest giver, you have like an infinite amount of time to complete it (Uwk himself had it for months at level 93 before a kind and generous Forumer helped Power Level him up to 100 ;->); it auto-turns in. But yeah, even us Testers have to hope that a Guide shows up to help us out. :-/

Uwk
    who really ought to check the Guide Forum more often; the Decorative Axes recipe book is another one that, imho, should be NPC'ed across the board of the servers, being an older quest
    Hartay and Breanna like this.