Started back.. Not seeing XP gains

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Justmeagain, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Justmeagain Member

So started back and bought the latest expansion. My ranger is 110. I am currently playing F2P so it shows my XP locked at 50%. Of course my AA's are maxed but I guess its going to Tithe XP?

Anyways went to plane of knowledge and did the intro quests that unlock doomfire. Doing this the quest turns ins put me 15% into 110. Now that I have actually started killing stuff I have not seen my XP bar move at all. I mean literally it has not moved abit. My XP is not turned off and it shows me earning XP killing stuff. I get quest turn ins are probably where most of your XP comes from but I have probably killed about 25 things so far and it hasn't moved abit.

Also whats the deal with not being able to message any of the chat channels? It says I should be able to message in the newbie channel but it still pops up the all access error when I try to message in it. Just dropped $35 for new content and they can't even let me send a message in game for help?
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

The XP will all be from Quest turn ins. You get kill XP but it is so miniscule you won't budge the needle. It requires millions of XP per level at level 110, and you get like maybe 500XP for a kill.

You should bee able to send a tell to the Newbie channel, but I forget the exact syntax. It's done that way to avoid spambots from flooding channels.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

After level 100, you have to complete quests in the Planes of Prophecy, Chaos Descending, Blood of Luclin, and Reign of Shadows expansions in order to level up. Grinding is no longer a practical option (read: it would literally take years to gain one level).
  4. Celan Active Member

Since you're 110 and own Reign of Shadows there is no point in going back to Planes of Magic.

- Check your mail for the signature line starter (Vigilant Sanctum Key) for Blood of Luclin (lvl 110-120)
    - Use it and get started. It'll lead you to speak to the Duality, followed by
    - Deep Chelsith: Vault of Omen solo, can take mercenary or another person with you
    - Back to the Duality, then to Kylong Plains
    - Finish your business with the Duality there, then use an XP potion BEFORE you step into the portal to the Blinding
    - Right there at Grieg's Spire is a npc quest giver Kirial Thornblade, who will give you 2 or 3 quests, then it's a repeatable
    - Do the repeatable like 5 or 6 times and be 120.
    - Move on to Reign of Shadows by using the wizard portal right there at Grieg's spire
  5. Ichoris Well-Known Member

If you mouse hover over the XP bar it will show you the percentage of level and also the XP you have and need to level. I ran into the same problem as you. All of a sudden I thought I wasn't getting XP. When I looked at my bar it was giving me XP. As others have said it was so little it would take years to level.

The only way to get enough XP is to do the quests. This was bad for me since I like the grind to get XP. I ran into the same issue with Ascension XP. I wanted to level up by killing for XP. The Devs took that away and now only certain quests give XP and you can use those booster items and that is it. The Devs have taken away many ways to play the game. You have to play it their way or you won't get anything done. It's a shame but that is where you are at.
  6. Justmeagain Member

Thanks for the info. Kind of wonder how well I will do in Luclin though considering the level 115 stuff in Doomfire is taking me a good chunk of time to kill with current equipped armor. I have a mixture of the chest stuff from plane of knowledge and fabled stuff I looted from pop dungeons.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Right at the front of Myrist Library is Tishan's Lockbox, right beside the registration desk. You should "shop the box" to make sure there are no upgrades in there for you.

All the Lockbox gear has adorns as well, which you can't see until you get it into your inventory. Grab one of everything and strip the adorns, if you have any empty adorn slots, fill those, and upgrade any adorns that need it.

For pre-RoS, you really had to fully infuse every piece of gear for best results. You probably also don't have as much Potency as you really need, and the best way to get that is infusing and mount bardings.

Also, go to Sundered Frontier and visit Yun Zi, the Panda near the spire. He has a series of easy little quests that give you access to some excellent adorns, gear that may be an upgrade, and Ascension boosts.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Justmeagain Member

Yea as I suspected not doing so hot trying to do deep chelthis. Boss fights take about 10 minutes and 4th boss in even with merc can't defeat over the ridiculous power drain. Not sure why they have to make the intro to new content this difficult. Allready starting to have buyers remorse not going to lie.
  9. Mujahid New Member

I know some are saying "no need to go back to Plane of Magic", but even though I own the latest xpac, I find it easiest to go from 100-120 in the Planes of Prophecy timeline. As soon as I open up the Colosseum of Valor quests, every sig-line turn in nets me about 4-5 levels.
  10. Justmeagain Member

Yea I am just getting frustrated trying to do the luclin content. Have power potions, cure potions, 86k potency, plane of knowledge armor/adorns or better, healer merc, many pieces of infused gear, ascention 15, etc and it just zaps my power into nothing every time before I get it to 60% health.

Starting to remember the reasons I quit playing this game now. Nothing fun about slogging through a dungeon for 2 hours only to be unable to complete your quest because of a cheap power drain boss. I mean this is a intro quest not like I am trying to complete something epic here! I just want to play the content I paid for.
  11. Chikkin Well-Known Member

remember to take overclocked manastones with you, or just forget merc and ask some player to help you in that initial instance, the last boss is a big PITA with that power drain, using manastone every few minutes will help, and really use ascentions nukes on her
  12. Celan Active Member

Justmeagain, did you check Tishan's lockbox in the Myrist Library as was suggested? It is important to take the stuff out really since while it is in the box you will not see the adornments in the items. I really really recommend doing this. There should be at least a blue adornment for a weapon in there as well as several other adornments if I remember right.
    You're saying you've got equipment from PoP, so honestly it's not too surprising you're not breezing through Chelsith, after all there is a whole expansion between PoP and BoL you're skipping.
    Also make sure, you check and posibbly reset and recommited your AAs on your Prestige Ranger tree to make sure you really got 8 points in Enhanced Vigor (a must!). With the recent changes, a lot of people had to do that, for some it didn't even seem necessary but it was, so better make sure.
    If you like you can let us know the name of your ranger and the server you're playing on, we could look you up then for more detailed help and/or advise.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Chelsith is weird. A ;lot of people had problems doing it. I'd suggest asking if anyone wants to run it with you. Also, cure detriments ASAP (cure potions if you can't natively cure), the detriment is causing the drain.