Tradeskill Areas in Homes and Guildhalls

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Dawsonator, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Dawsonator New Member

I have now got my own wee Guild and my own wee Guild Hall .... Now I want what I've been working towards and waiting for, my tradeskill area ...
    I'm not a person who will spend weeks decorating one corner of a room but i want it to look cool ...

so ....

without further ado ....

Show me what you've got ... I'm looking for inspiration

Cheers and Beers
    Me :)
  2. Wulfen Active Member

Are you the only user of your tradeskill? (in this sense, your Guild Hall's crafting area). If not... here's just a thought. Our guild hall suffered an unexpected spatial insult, years ago. An experimenting guildie moved the whole setup into another room. To be fair, this was just before Dungeons became a Big Thing, and players didn't have a plethora of houses and vast acreages to decorate.
    Guild Leader was upset and enraged.... it took us ten minutes to pick up everything and move it all back to its intended ideal spot. My character went to the original beginner zone (Queen's Colony), positioned her white robe waist sash up to the edge of each crafting table, and screenshot each image to preserve its height appearance.
    Accidents do happen. Size matters, to Ogres and Fae alike, but I assume the original crafting table design sizes were the intended ones. They can be changed, but it's nice to be able to fix alterations to a standard. And no, I do not freeze the guild hall decorating access to just one account. Instead, periodically I go around housecleaning strays, nonessentials, and size alterations.
    I'm not sure what "cool" looks like, but "beautiful" and "welcoming" come to mind. Our tradeskill has Antonican carpets under each crafting table to contrast them from the cold hard flooring. The tables are arranged as an angular circle instead of a straight line; fuels and crafting guestgivers are at the doorway, and Harvest Depot with Hirelings is prominently positioned. Provide needed Portals for quick transport, especially the tele pad that puts you at the Big Front Door or other travel conveniences. Provide an Othmir drum to turn off the tedious guild hall music (if you step outside the building it turns on again). With guild hall music turned off, you can then enjoy sound generators (music boxes etc.). to ease crafting boredom. It's a good idea to post the little crafting plaques at each table so running around looking for the quest enabler isn't needed. You can position the Rush Order NPC near you for convenience, but if other people are using, put it back when you're done. And harvest, harvest, harvest to fill the Depot with material of all levels. 3000 of each was sufficient for our guild, your needs may vary. At first you may feel safer to store rares in the guild bank. A truly aged guild will no longer find this necessary. However this did happen to us once: a player became invited who promptly stole valuables from the Depot and profited by them (then left the guild). Fortunately he landed into a much bigger guild with watchful minds ; he got "outed" in chat and hasn't been heard from for many years. So be mindful of your Permissions if you are the guild leader.
    Hope all this wall of information can help, it's from 16 years of experience.
    Jaden likes this.
  3. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Our guild has a crafting ring with the crafting stations sunken in the ground so all we have to do is hit the N key to open our recipe book and select what we want to craft.
    [IMG]
  4. Dawsonator New Member

Thanks folks ...
    This tip about scaling the size of the workstations is a great idea
    Jaden likes this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

If you are on Maj'Dul you can go visit my guild hall if you'd like. It isn't extremely awesome like some I've seen but I like to call it home. It's off the Antonica docks Tier 4 guild hall Ancient Legacies. I have a room for each of my tradeskills and tried to decorate it appropriately to what station was there. Like the stove and keg of course was a kitchen, the loom has roll's of cloth ect...
    Jaden, Xianthia and Soara2 like this.
  6. puppybreath Active Member

Go visit halls on your server. Best way to see ideas in work. As for personal preference, I like to put the tables in a circle with the rush order agent and fuel agent and such in middle. Thus ppl do not have to move to turn in RO's. Also put a RO board at each table. Ppl just zoom out to see and work. Might want to put a step or block for the short races so the tables dont eat them alive! A ladder is also cute. Make sure others can get to table as well still.
    Jaden likes this.