New Coercer Spell: Lethal Focus

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cesium, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Cesium New Member

2. Airwalker Member

Need to compare the same fight if you want to compare damage. Seru cm has a lot of targeting switching. That dmg was recorded on Seru only.

regardless, this thread isn’t about who has a bigger epeen, it’s about a spell and how it helps the raid. As I said originally, sacrificing 400-600mil on an ability that put out 2 bil at best to boost a T1 will negate any raid dps lost. This spell is giving coercer the desirability as a group buffer as it was originally intended for a support class. If they can give it more charges or separate the buff from the proc like it did with guardian ability this gu, then that would be even better
  3. Cesium New Member

Exactly. To emphasize your point you selected a fight where the DPS would be split on multiple targets, then only selected one target. To emphasize my point, I picked a fight with multiple targets. This way I had the most possible despotic mind procs. We can always find data to prove our point.

I've only been back to the game for about 10 weeks after 7 years off. I'm sure there are far better coercers out there than I. You decided to show data, so I obliged.

As far as Lethal Focus goes, The recast needs to come down significantly. If that means it shortens the duration then I'm ok with that. I would very much like to see it as a group buff. This would benefit the raid and require a lot less coordination with a single person. Thus making it less cumbersome to use.

I personally don't have any issue casting it on someone if they can provide more benefit to the raid than casting it on myself. It's just going to need to be a significant gain to justify the opportunity cost.
  4. Airwalker Member

Looks like we got our wish. Seeing 70 seconds recast time on the spell.
  5. Moss Well-Known Member

The recast timer have been reduced to 70s, which make it - looking only at the tooltip - almost equal with current ability
    Also the damage variance - difference between min and max damage - is very low compared to previous ability, which make it more reliable.
    In new content the new ability (at ancient level) it is doing more damage than the previous ability. It is a very good surprise compared to beta.

But, if I may, the buff component did not do any big boost on the few tests I have run so far with some dps. With 372.3 cb overcap on player with 9000+ cb, we were expecting an increase of at very least 3% of dps on some abilities, but so far it seems way lower in new raid zones (higher combat mitigation). The 18.9 fervor overcap is for the moment useless for most dps, even with the new blue rune (which will probably be nerf) as it is already very hard to reach the overcap.

I was looking for the buff component to be group wide, which would be nice for the coercer desirability.

If you had any doubt I recommend coercers to get this new ability and buy the master version at the ethereal merchant once you have enough currency, It is currently worth it, dps wise.

My only concerns (outside coercer desirability in groups/raid) is that I see some other abilities going down the parse with each new combat mitigation package, and instead of improving our dps with each new abilities, our overall dps stay the same or decrease because of others abilities that does not scale correctly (compared to other class).
  6. Gregore Active Member

The recent change to the recast time for this spell is much appreciated, and a step in the right direction, but as Cesium & Moss have pointed out, more love is needed for this spell or Coercers continue to lose ground to other utility classes. Both of them have pointed out some great possible further improvements to the spell. I've raided on my Coercer since TSO, except for about 3 or 4 months time betrayed as an Illy, until cloak nerf (RIP Illy cloak). I would like to weigh in on this as well, since I love my Coercer and would like to see it get better footing in regards to other utlity/casters. The triggers are consumed very quickly and either need to be increased and/or the duration needs to be decreased. This spell also needs to be at least groupwide if not raidwide like the Illy's spell is.
  7. Cesium New Member

Lethal Focus is not lasting the full duration. It was 45 seconds. Now it is 35 seconds. What happened?
  8. Moss Well-Known Member

You know someone probably believed that coercers are overpowered and lethal focus was too strong.

You know it stands at the 30th+ dps source on my parse doing less than 0.7% of my total parse, doing 10 time less damage than the red rune Empyral Incineration. And I cast it as soon as it is up.

Or may be they think that crit bonus overcap bonus was so OP even with the recent crit bonus reforge fix that the duration needed to be nerfed. Or may it is because of the fervor without overcap bonus ... it is not like top dps players were already at the fervor overcap all the time.

Every single abilities upgrades of the coercers have been reduce to null after a few months. Someone must really hates them.

And yes abilities continues to be changed in the dark without any announcement or explanation, it is not the first time and probably not the last one.

A word to whoever is in charge of class balance, please applies a big nerf to mana ward which IS totally broken and over powered at it is today (no troll here). I would not want illusionist believing that coercers have any usefulness in a group/raid setup.
  9. LastActionJackson Member

Lethality is much more DPS than the prior version. The damage proc is no big deal at all for a top DPS. But
    the FOC and CBOC buff is enormous DPS and makes a coercer a welcome addition to raid. The interesting thing now is figuring out who is the true top DPS. All of these raid friend FOC or CBOC buffs means a true top DPS can be even more beastly or lets a less strong player appear stronger. It adds personal politics to the game as to who gets the buffs.

Yes top DPS do cap FOC and CBOC rather easily if they have all the p2w stuff even after the CB reforge bug fix.