Cute Kick from Discord

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Priority, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Priority Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kick from discord because I said that IF you fix the lag, we won't notice recovery speed being gone.

Whichever of you kicked me, you're a true credit to your profession. Maybe fix your game to a playable level and we wouldn't have quite so much to be angry about after paying for the pleasure of watching a slideshow in raids.
    Ryve, Lateana, Drona and 12 others like this.
  2. Dockter Well-Known Member

I got banned from Discord as well for the same reason. Continue to not address the issues Daybreak just keep removing and censoring your platform...
    Lateana, Xevran, Lukasha and 9 others like this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

I touched the burner on the stove and I burned myself again. I don't know why this keeps happening....
    Raff, Tannie, Xevran and 3 others like this.
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

Mind you, I'm not justifying the behavior, just noting it's not a surprise to anyone reading the forums.
    Xevran and Zynt like this.
  5. Dockter Well-Known Member

So stay quiet and say nothing and pretend everything is roses and kittens?
    chattie, Xevran, Pixistik and 2 others like this.
  6. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Nah - there's only one thing they pay attention to: voting with your wallet. As long as folks complain, but keep paying for a sub, buying krono, etc., there is no incentive for them to change. As I found out to my detriment, Discord is the altar for their cult of personality. You can fellate them there until pigs get jetpacks, but utter one thing that could be perceived as negative, and the ban hammer comes out. Note: Perceived by you-know-who, who has extra-sensitive and cranky spells.

I figured out how much I was spending on EQ2 per month, and moved that to a pledge for a game that's under development. Even though it's not out yet, I'm much more satisfied with the results. ;) Until then, I play Final Fantasy XIV and a handful of console games. FWIW, the free trial on FF no longer has a time limit, and allows you to level all jobs to 35 including the crafting and gathering professions.
    Gwyneth, Almee, Dilon and 6 others like this.
  7. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

At this point, they should institute and announce a 3-strike rule. 3 bans means a permanent ban.

This would give leeway for accidental or unintended bans but also reinforce civility. It would bring an end to the inconvenient and deleterious effect of repeated complaints. It would also disincentivize "bad behavior" after an appeal.

The way some people continue write unconstructively on the forums or Discord (e.g. evaluative language, sarcasm, hyperbole), the penalty may need to not only be increased but clear and decisive for all parties.

Notification of the rule (3 strikes) and understanding one's individual record will not only help maintain order (fear of permanent ban) but also be fair to the offender (understanding their behavior is not acceptable and to not repeat it).

Edit: I have avoided posting on Discord (even when called out on there) because I personally view it as part of the workflow and work bench of the devs. There is limited room for opinion. People should appreciate the privilege of communicating with the devs and treat the place with respect.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  8. Exilya Active Member

People are getting so frustrated with the game though.
    We get nerf after nerf and only get information if we complain.
    We get fixes that are just a little bits of duct tape hastily put together to keep us interrested (heloo new melee AAs, helloooo BL fix) only to find out that actually it's not duct tape it's blue tack.

I'm personnaly going through stages of "I'm going to quit I've had enough of the ninja nerfs and the blattant marketplace pushes" (vahshir merc is the new king after the crit bonus nerf) to "oh they actually care" yesterday to "welp... nevermind" yesterday evening after testing the changes.

The nerfs should have happened during beta.
    Rosyposy and Priority like this.
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

This is beyond absurd. I could understand people getting the boot for being outwardly rude to the devs or someone else but any sarcasm coming from frustration due to the state of the game is not a violable offence in my view when its directed at the game.

If this is seen as negativity then should it not be the same case for those who overly praise the game as well when it clearly does not deserve it?

I have been banned for years and have no desire to ask for the ban to be lifted solely for these reasons. This is not how you do PR. It is that simple. They do not have the courtesy to even give you a warning or semblance of a warning.

I am hoping with this substantive injection of funds by the new folk, PR is restructured to an acceptable level.
  10. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

How do you get to/on Discord? Not sure I want to if peeps get kicked there so easily, just wondering?
  11. Priority Well-Known Member

I already cancelled my account. I was in raid last night and as I was bidding DKP for an item, I realized I pay money for things I want. I don't pay money to run, I don't pay money to go to work. Why should I continue to pay money to a company that doesn't care about our experience, what we want from the game, or about how their service is perceived.

They told us lag WOULD be better in raids. It has quite literally, after 13 years of raiding, never been worse.

Content is boring, itemization. Is trash, there is nothing to do because we're stuck behind artificial walls in the form of a researcher that we have to wait on to enter the last raid zone. Yes, LAST zone. There are 4 enemies left to kill and the only thing stopping us from killing them is an NPC tied to tradeskilling.

They have continuously dropped the ball on class balance. Not just with Beastlords recently. With EVERY class. Berserkers are so brokenly OP that no other tank has any hope of ever competing. Bruisers/Pallies/Guardians are so far behind that nobody will even consider them a real tank. Monks and ShadowKnight's are well balanced if you forget that the others exist.

Mechanics have been a clusterfluck for years. We continue to strap new crap on with no regard for how it interacts with older mechanics. We inflate stats to astronomical levels for absolutely no reason. There's not a unified path to where this dev team thinks they're going. There hasn't been for years. Rumor is the devs don't even communicate between themselves in terms of mechanics balancing vs content. Does that make any sense? That the two guys responsible for the most largely seen aspect of this game don't communicate about what they're doing?

Let's talk about pay to win. I spent thousands of dollars on this game in BoL trying to get the mount/merc/familiar buff. Literally thousands. For those thousands of dollars, I have access to these items on exactly one character. Only the mount can be swapped, and to do so would mean a complete reset on it's levels. No, thank you.

Meanwhile, EA is facing a class action lawsuits over their loot crates, LMFAO. I'd take their crates where an item might cost me $20 with a bad RNG.

Overall, this game has become a cesspool of flawed design. We have nobody but ourselves to blame for the trash that's pervaded our favorite MMO, and Im not going to support it any longer.

I realize some of you may feel I'm wrong, I don't really care. I want this out there for Dreamweaver to see so when he's asked why people are quitting, he can point to yet another thread and say "this".
    Jabbso, Ryve, Amybelle and 16 others like this.
  12. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

It is not about truth or lie. It is about the attitude.
    Try to talk to devs the same way you talk with your best friends and colleagues.
    Just before writing something imagine that you say it to your friend.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  13. Smashey Well-Known Member

I dont understand where Jenn Chan is in all this. Does she not even know how much of a mess the game is in or does she not care? Why has nothing been done about the lag for a year? Its like the most fundamental thing in a MMO, being able to play it. Never mind the other hundreds of bugs in the game, people cant even play the game without seconds of delays currently.
  14. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

So its ok for the devs to be sarcastic and snarky to the players but not ok for an upset player to be the same?.. sounds like some real Pelosi [IMG] right there
    Mizgamer62, Erudinel, Zynt and 2 others like this.
  15. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

its a program you download ..its actually quite useful when used properly
    https://discord.com/
    Breanna and Priority like this.
  16. Dockter Well-Known Member

I've read the discord rules several times, pointing out bad development decisions and the lack of leadership isn't breaking any rules.
    Mizgamer62, Lateana, Lukasha and 5 others like this.
  17. Tkia Well-Known Member

All of my friends could take that kind of frustrated rant and respond in a far more positive manner than a ban hammer. And they don't even need to curry favour to get money out of me ...
    Mizgamer62, parissa, Zynt and 4 others like this.
  18. CSP84 Well-Known Member

The "major" AA Revamp and Classbalance is now a big fiasco and embarrassment for the company. This was a major selling point for this expansion.
  19. Dockter Well-Known Member

I would say its bordering on false advertisement considering its been mostly broken since day 1.
  20. Arclite Well-Known Member

There is absolute zero accountability.

Dreamweaver on at least 2 occasions on the forums talked about reducing number of raid zones to focus on quality over quantity. Unless the definition of quality falls outside the remit of what it actually means, the raids are equally bad as they were post BoL launch. The itemisation is all over the place, AA revamp is laughable for the most part and the content has yet again fallen into the pit of "meet stat checks and romp your way to underwhelming loot".

The absurd amount of micromanagement in the game can show mobile games a thing or two. You log on not to play and have fun but go through a daily checklist and hope RNG will allow you to play -- referring to resolve and stat checks -- meaningless grind for a game that a lot of us pay on a monthly basis. How does this go unpunished is beyond me.

I, 200%, agree with the OP about the blame being with us, the loyal fans, who have nurtured this monstrosity over the years by gambling money on RNG based rewards.

The g7 release on financials of $6 million is most likely driven by players who are spending money just to remain competitive.

I had high hopes (for the umpteenth time) with this expansion and it has been a colossal disaster. The whole auto attack/reforge debacle is purely linked to the main problem devs have not sorted out for years and that is stats and class balance. I mean i tank in this game and have been tanking for 17 years now and to go into a raid where im under-resolved by 50 to a T3 mob with 19k mitigation in offensive stance with 30% bleedthrough and just laugh my way into killing it within a month of expansion launch. I cannot recall this level of mess ever in the game years ago.

The only thing making me stay with the game is just the friends i have made. I do not solo, i hate it. Over the last 5 years or so they have made solo questlines a mandatory element of progression is another low blow to the shallow nature of content available.

I digress, much of this has been said for years and as ever it falls on deaf ears. Either this post/thread gets locked down or goes unnoticed.

$6.1 million revenue at the end of 2021 will probably considered a success for all involved so yeah..

Didn't want to hijack OP's post but it is all interconnected.
    Mizgamer62, Jrox, chattie and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.