Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Finora Well-Known Member

Also, is there a way to disable the Erollisi day item that summons a gazebo in the Frostfell instance for next year?

Someone on Halls of Fate is making a menace of themselves with them.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

next time you got gear problems , or such always mentor down
    A lot of my toons are a lower level , but their gear is not always the best , so I mentor down , and if it's only so I get done faster .
    Are you talking about the mine in Frostfell wonderland ? , because there were no goblins to spawn the last boss for me ,
    I had problems to spawn him the first time , until I attacked those blobs that he is built out of .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

Globs not goblins. The little blobs you attack that make them start moving and reform into the boss. They were not there.

I had no trouble doing any of the other Frostfell stuff on this character so I wasn't expecting the rise in difficulty for the mines. And since I didn't realize my gear was so crap I wasn't going to be able to do that zone until I had already killed one mob, my problem would still exist because I needed to leave to fix it, so might as well just get gear I'd use rather than just mentoring. It didn't take much longer.

To reiterate, I'm not complaining about the difficulty, my gear was crap, once I put on appropriate gear, the content was easy. My complaint is about the final boss and the globs/blobs that you have to attack to spawn him not working. Presumably because I killed something then left the zone. Though now that I think about it another cause could have been me one shotting the tumult whirlwind thing with a lucky hit/flurry and those arcane icicles not detaching from the ceiling and attacking. But those are the only things that happened different for the bugged character than all the rest of the characters I've ran through this quest.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

got it o well , I guess the only thing you could do was drop the quest and redo it after the zone was resettable .
    I never got the icicles , just trying to help get to the root of this , did you talk with the elf in the hall ?
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think that's an issue with the instances/dungeons in the Village in general (it's been so long since I've done the "real" Ice Caverns with the dragon egg that I don't remember about that particular one); whenever I'd make the mistake of trying to do the "help the gobboes create 48 items that Lady Vox later destroys [whoops, spoilers!]" quest before crafter level 20th (or sometimes, even 10th), I'd have to leave the instance to select my specialization or whatever, then come back in only to find that I had LOST all my progress and would have to start over again from scratch. X-P

Refresh my memory: are we penalized like this in every instance or dungeon we have to leave inadvertently, or does that "you can come back in at any time during the next 18 hours" or whatever prevent such a calamity? If the latter, why can't we get that working that way in the FF Village as well? :-/

Is it because the Village itself IS a "dungeon" or "instance" or "public zone of adventuring" or whatever all on its own? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Not usable in the Frostfell Village." would be an excellent tag for that, yeah. :-/

Uwk
    Finora and Breanna like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

no Uwkete this is not the ice cave with the egg , this is the new quest for this year where you have to go in to a magic ice mine
    and find out and fixe a problem with elementals out of control .

And yes I saw the Erollise gazebo too , just today .
    At least this time they did not plop it down on top of Santa like I have see them do before .
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just went back to Frostfell Wonderland Village and this crazy person surrounded Santa with at least 15 gazebos ;
    the only way I could get out was by flying up .:eek:
    We had a guide near by too , that was nice :cool:
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know; I was just mentioning it as one of the several quests you get in the Village that involve going somewhere "deeper," using access points you can only get to through the Village. ;->

And seriously, yeah, we need that "Not here." tag for the Gazebo... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Can you definitively confirm the end time? The in-game calendar has it ending at 7 a.m. with a patch, which is what is traditional, and folks would love to know if they're truly getting several more hours of the event.

Thanks!
  11. Antz Member

Hello, fellow EQ2-ers!

It's probably glaring me in the face, so probably not a bug or glitch. But I can't seem to get the following two quests to start. I talk to the respective NPCs who are supposed to start the quest and they just blandly greet me. These quests do not seem to have a prerequisite, so if anyone has an idea of what I'm missing, feel free to share! TIA!

Little Lost Goblin - supposed to start by talking to Meg Gingersnap, she doesn't it
    Deepice Dreams - supposed to start by talking to Jarith Icewing, again, he doesn't start it

Here are all the quests I have completed, in case one is somehow still missing:
    A Deepice Mystery
    Merry Mischief
    A Frostfell Favor
    The Giftgivers Dilemna
    Raiding the Gifty Storehouse
    Gnopp's One Stop Shop
    Saving Frostfell
    Gallivanting Gifties
    Icy Something Worth Mining
    Tale of Gigglegibber Grump
    Removing the Grump
    Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

I just went and did something else and reset the zone & completed the quest, no issue. I didn't have to delete the quest or anything like that. It was specifically the zone itself that was bugged, not the quest.

And yes, I did hail the elf. This was probably the 20th time I had done the quest and the only differences I had were the zoning out after killing something & then going back into the same instance and the icicles (which I had again on another character and the icicles not popping caused no issues.) SO as far as I can tell it had to be me killing something then zoning out and not resetting the zone before going back in, which I shouldn't have had to do anyway since it is a persistent zone.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

It has been ages since I started fresh with a character and the frostfell quests, but it's possible you would need to complete the quests in the city first (Tale of the Gigglegibber Grump etc).

Other restrictions might be the server you are doing them on. Kaladim for instance doesn't have the zones required for some of the quests, so they wouldn't be available.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No, you don't have to do that Gigglegibber Grump thing that starts in the city, thank goodness (and it seems you've already done it); I mean, yeah, it's kind of fun, but my dear gods, it's looonnnggg, even if you've done it long enough that you know all the steps and can breeze through it. One thing you might have to do would be A Deepice Mystery first, to thaw out everyone, but you've done that one, too, so there you go. I think the most likely scenario would be if you were on one of the TLE servers that don't have access to Maldura yet (Terrors of Thalumbra expac, if memory serves). :-/

If not, I'm not sure what the issue is; when Little Lost Goblin first came out on Test, I tried getting it (and even tried running through it; quickly wrote it off as even longer, with less reward, than the Grump stuff), and if you can convince Jarith Icewing to talk to you first, I think, then Meg will talk to you about all sorts of things. But if you got Gallivanting Gifties, you've already tried to talk to them. No luck? :-/

Uwk
    the Puzzled :-/
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sounds like the committee that runs the Calendar don't talk to the committee (of one? Poor Kaitheel...) that runs the holidays... :-/

It's on the official holiday announcement (that was only on the main home website page for Daybreak->Everquest 2; sigh) as being at one minute shy of midnight on the 5th, which is a great relief. ;->

But yeah, someone needs to give the Calendar a swift kick. :-/

Uwk
  16. Antz Member

17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You should have; if you're able to play at all, depending on when you started, your game should have every expansion from when you started back to the beginning. If you're brand new (welcome! :D), then you should be looking at the Reign of Shadows expansion; you have access to every zone and expansion before that one, unless you're on a Time-Locked Server.
    That shouldn't have anything to do with it; my poor sods at way below 110 could've gotten that bloody quest, and if memory serves, while I was able to get into it on the Public Test server way back when at its first introduction with a less than 110 toon, I think I quit it before finishing it; got tired of dying so many times. X-P

But it should've let you start it, at any rate. :-/

Neither being a free-to-play player nor medium to low level should've stopped you from getting those missing quests on Skyfire. I'm not sure what happened. :-/

I just wish I could've helped more! Those missing quests of yours are definitely worth doing -- well, Deepice Dreams and its sequels are, anyway. :(

Can anyone else suggest anything? Antz can't get the Deepice Dreams quest starter to offer it. :-/

And by the way, really the easiest/only way to get enough faction with the guards of Maldura so they don't instantly KILL you is to do the Deepice Dreams one. It's worth it for that and the house items. :)

Uwk
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

if your on Kaladim , you can't see any NPC 's in that zone , because none of the quests in the head quarters are available here.
    I will go on a regular server and see what it takes to begin the quest on a toon I have not done so this year .

Weird , I used a brand new character, level 5 who never has done any Frostfell quests before and I was greeted with a feather
    Maybe you already have the quest ? look if it's hiding in your journal under hidden quests , go in to the basement and look if there is a book over a goblin , or if you are able to use the snow glob .

I was able to get " Little lost Goblin " and " Deepice Dreams " by Jarith Icewing a fae over by the woodworking tables .
    I have not done any other quests what so ever on this toon .
    So this is a mystery .
  19. Antz Member

Yeah, no books over goblins in the basement. Can't use the snow globe in the basement. It's weird, but I'm gonna leave that alt for a while and play my other two as they are late to the Frostfell festivities due to me being such a casual player!

I might come back to this lev 46 alt before it ends to see if it was just a glitch that day or something. I'm on Skyfire and have no idea how to switch to another server.

Thanks so much for taking the time to make a new char and go check it out!
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Yeah, the in-game calendar has not yet been updated for 2021.

Frostfell is set to deactivate at 11:59 PM Pac time on 1/5/21.

~ Kaitheel