Camping Named = CRUD

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Argosunited, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Honestly why would anyone think having placeholders and camping named would be fun? It wasn't fun in good old Stormhold days, and it's not fun now.

I also don't think they're all behaving correctly. The named Crud for example, I camped and killed place holders Ooze and Goop and every bit of Crud that spawned for 3 plus hours, scared to move away in case it spawned. It never did. Surely that can't be right?
    It makes me wonder if it's not spawning for me at all because I'd killed it before, days ago.
    Hiza and Breanna like this.
  2. The Fonz Active Member

Camping named is fun. Especially after hours when you turn your back for 3 seconds and someone else wanders by and pulls it.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Almost 2021 and EQ2 is still proud to feature no mob tag sharing! :rolleyes: I mean c'mon, this mechanic is of bygone days and should be GONE.
    SynnikuL likes this.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I spent two hours on the same name last evening. Two hours. No spawn. I gave up after that time.
  5. Prayos Well-Known Member

Like, I get that "it's a weekly quest", but seriously. On at least 4 of the named, I've killed no less than 8 PH's before the named spawned. With the random 17-34 minute spawn timer, this crap adds up. You're looking at almost 2-4 hrs for a single named. It's quite silly.

As I type this, I've killed my 6th PH for Darkbeak. Started 2 1/2 hours ago...
    Argosunited and Xianthia like this.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

please have the ph count for the quest but dont have a chance for a chest
    and make the proper name have a slightly higher chance for exquisite chest?
    Juraiya, Sigrdrifa and Argosunited like this.
  7. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Whilst this is terrible by EQ2 standards, it made me think about camping Stormfeather for the eyepatch quest in EQ1. That was real camping.
    Breanna, Tkia and Xianthia like this.
  8. Svenone Well-Known Member

Oh, I well remember camping in EQ1. Spent sleep-deprived nights doing that. I am far too old for that kind of crap these days!
    Juraiya, Breanna and Bludd like this.
  9. Cisteros Active Member

I was working on the Sig line in ST and got distracted this morning by flying over that named flier in the gorge which gave me 2/5 so was like, what the heck, I'll camp named. After about 90 minutes camping the blob in the red grass another player flew in and asked to group. I think it was the first time since coming back 2 months ago I met a new person and we actually chatted a bit to pass the time and shared a laugh when their merc had more sense than we did and bailed on us

2,5 total hours (broken up by a McGriddle run the other person graciously let me make while staying logged in so I would get the update if named spawned) we both were there for the kill. Yes it was a long time and could be shorter, but actually interacting with someone else made it much less onerous
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I love that the named wolf in ST is in the same spot that one of the PQ's spawn, that's fabulous [/sarcasm]
    was that someone's attempt at humor?
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Heck, even in EQ2, I spent a week camping Rama'nai for the Lightstone HQ. That was before they made it so that his placeholders would update the quest.
  12. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Maybe they should make it so the placeholders update the weekly kill 5 named quests, 2+ hours a named in three zones just ain't cutting it.