Fixed Internally Who poured a gallon of bleach in the wash???

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Daryx, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Daryx Well-Known Member

So now all the Frostfell cloaks are all washed out in color, just like a Gigglegibber was charged with doing the laundry and decided to be cute.

The ones I've looked at so far (and it may not just be Frostfell cloaks) are Snowfall Cloak (supposed to be basically blue with snowflakes), Royal Snowfall (red or green, there is another similar one that I don't recall the name of but is the same and the other of the two colors), Decorative Frostfell Wrap (supposed to have a green ribbon look on it), and I'm sure people can find others.
  2. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I'm seeing the same thing. All my cloaks - at least the Frostfell ones, I haven't checked the others - now appear completely white.

It really is as though someone soaked all of them in a bucket of bleach. Very disconcerting, and not at all the effect I'd like.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

I confirmed this issue earlier today. Thankfully, the cloaks themselves weren't changed, so the color is still there... it's just that you can only see the color if the cloak is equipped on your character, or in the preview window. If the cloak is in an appearance slot then the color information is being ignored. Code has been alerted to this issue. We want you looking as festive as you intend! 'Tis the season, after all!

~ Kaitheel
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I know this was supposed to be fixed in today's patch, but it wasn't; at least not for all cloaks. One of my characters has a Regal Snowfall Cape, and it still looks bleached out.

Oddly enough, another of my characters has the same thing, and it looks fine. The one that looks bleached it is directly in his appearance slot; the one that looks fine *might* be in a wardrobe slot. (I didn't think to check it when I was on that character.)

This is the Frostfell cloak that is green with white trim and red stitching. At least that's how it appears when I look at it in the preview pane.

Edit: Ok, it's only ONE character where it's bleached out; everyone else with that cape it's fine. No idea why, since most of them have it in their regular appearance slot, not in wardrobe. I've tried unequipping and re-equipping it, doesn't fix it.

Edit 2: Another character has that problem. If a dev wants to contact me about it and get details of which characters to try to figure it out, I'd be happy to help.
  5. Daryx Well-Known Member

I am also still having the issue. The one character has the Regal Snowfall Cape in his wardrobe. I tried changing the appearance set and then putting it back, and it's still bleached out. Another has the Festive Snowfall Cape in wardrobe and it is also still bleached out. One has Regal Snowfall Cape directly in the appearance slot and it is also bleached out. I'm still looking at others and haven't found any where it is correctly showing the colors.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

I'm honestly glad I wasn't losing my mind last night when I noticed it on test. I was too tired to try combos to see what worked and what didn't.
  7. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Glad I didn't buy any and won't until I hear that this problem of bleached out cloaks is fixed.
  8. Daryx Well-Known Member

Shroud of Holiday Gloom is also still affected as is Decorative Frostfell Wrap.
  9. Daryx Well-Known Member

Decorative Frostfell Gift-Wrap and Celebrator's Festive Wrap affected still. (The ones I've listed are from wardrobe unless otherwise noted.)
    I did find one (half elf) with the Regal Snowfall Cape in wardrobe that is not affected, but another half elf that is.
    OK I went to the one that was previously not affected, and changed his merc to one that is wearing the exact same Frostfell outfit. Now both the merc and the character are affected; the character was OK till I switched mercs. Switching back to the original merc did not correct the colors.
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I saw someone's merc wearing a bleached out Frostfell cape, also. No idea which one, since other players can't see that.

It's bafflingly odd that the cloaks show correctly on some characters, and other characters - no matter what you try - the capes appear bleached. It doesn't even seem to make a difference whether the cloaks are in appearance or wardrobe; I've seen the problem in both cases, and I've seen them working in both cases. I might not have realized the inconsistency if I did not have SO MANY characters, but I do, which is why I am baffled that there's nothing predictable about it.
  11. Thordalf Developer

A fix has been found but it was found a bit too late to make it into the last update. Like Kaitheel mentioned, the color only seems to be affected when the cloak is in the appearance slot, so equipping the cloak in the equipment slot will show its actual color. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it should be fixed in the next patch. We'll be sure to be more careful with the bleach the next time we're washing all the cloaks ;)
  12. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Yay! The fix will be in the next patch; will that be in time to still buy the cloaks during FrostFell event? It is indeed baffling that some characters/mercs show the bleached out cape problem no matter whether the cloak is in Appearance, Equipment or Wardrobe and other characters do not ... even of the same account. Sounds like SouthPaw McGrinch Glug was all about this pre-bleaching the capes with capriciousness!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Juraiya like this.