Reign of Shadow Tradeskill line broken (Ennoblement of Penitence)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Freylor, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Freylor New Member

In Quest Ennoblement of Penitence when you zone into Vex Thal "Vex" never shows up. You blow the horn first time, you don't get teleported... script continues. When it says he is distracted - I blow the horn a second time, it says that Nuniun shows up. (but he doesn't) then it says your freed try to escape but the exit doesn't work. Had to use a bauble to get out... Quest never updated. Tried to delete quest and try again but now nobody (Nuniun or Hulda) have a quest for me.
    Zynt likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The quest came from zoning into VT by way of that wonky sensor. Go back and click on it and you can re-enter and try again
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I encountered this yesterday in Beta. It's a weird one, since it doesn't happen to everyone all the time.
  4. Hot_Rod Member

Just happened to me on live. Game failed to move me to the creator's room when blowing the horn the second time. Finally had to delete quest and click the sensor thing to restart instance. After being perma rooted after logging to self, recalling to FP and still being rooted, relogged after a break and root was gone, used shade potion to return. I was so worried I would have to re make the horn (18 rares!).
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

And usually, when it fails, the second time around it works which makes it even harder to reproduce. Shade potion ports you out, so having some extra ones from fuel merchant can be a good idea