Any other Illusionists in Freeport?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Emredrum, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Emredrum New Member

Returning to the game, I was wondering if there were yet other High Elf Illusionists living in Freeport?

I noticed there is now an Illusionist trainer in Freeport; so curious about what lore changes made this possible.

Cheers.
  2. Lidahn Lady of Light And Crystalline Hydromancer

Well hardly high elfs ARE good they cant Live in freeport.
    Maybe its a illusion of a high elf.
  3. Argosunited Well-Known Member

You can use a race change potion and be anything you like. I have a Wood Elf Necro.
    I also have a Kerra Illy that lives in Freeport.

The only classes that are no longer neutral are, Necro / Conj, SK / Pali, Brig / Swash, Inquis / Temp. I think that's right.

I think the change was originally made for PvP, and was due to some raids needing the other factions classes. Something like that anyway, it was a long time ago.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  4. Nilyana Active Member

A high elf can do the betrayal quest line and live in an evil city. I've had a wood elf necro living in Freeport for many, may years by betraying. Any race can live in any city by betraying or using a race change potion. It's only classes that are city locked. And since illusionists are now considered a neutral class, you can be an evil high elf illusionist should you betray/race change.

They removed the alignment requirement from quite a few classes a while back. There's an NPC somewhere around the academy of arcane science that has a little bit of lore on why illusionists are now found in Freeport. In Qeynos, there's a coercer NPC outside the tower of the three who also has lore on why coercers are in Qeynos. There's a few others... pretty sure an inquisitor one at temple of life, assassin in the elddar tree house, etc. But there was no huge lore explanation that I can remember, just these NPCs giving a bit of story.

You might be the only other wood elf necro I've seen! :eek:
    Mystic and defiler are the good/evil locked priest classes, temp and inquis are neutral now.
    WhysperWynde and Argosunited like this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

For strictly lore purposes, Paladins and Shadowknights, Swashbucklers and Brigands, Conjurers and Necromancers, and Mystics and Defilers remain locked behind the good and evil alignments. Every other class has been turned neutral, and everyone given an NPC trainer that sufficiently explains their reasoning. You'd think an assassin wouldn't fit in with Qeynos, but they use the reasoning that you can protect your city by removing political threats from behind the scenes. There's no way a literal mugger who'd slit his mother's throat for 5 gold would be accepted in Qeynos though.

They were actually quite creative in explaining why Bruisers set up in Qeynos, and Monks in Freeport.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Untrue.

All one has to do is betray. That's been in game forever and is easier now than it ever was. You can buy a potion from the loyalty merchant I believe. Anyone can live in any city as long as they are willing to do the work required. And the only thing that gets changed is if one happens to be one of the alignment locked classes (mystic/defiler, SK/pally, brigand/swashy, necro/conjy).

It's just more unusual, possibly because of the games age and when the changes came to make some of the other classes neutral, to see some of the race/class/city combos. Possibly just because people tend to have an attitude in mind about how to be specific game races & most people tend to make the normal or classic choices.
    WhysperWynde likes this.