Best bow?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Chris Thompson, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Chris Thompson Active Member

Hi all,

Looking to increase my Ranger's dps. What's my best choice for a bow at level 120?
    Any other tips, or links to AA builds, would be much appreciated.
    TIA
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The "best bow" will depend very much on the content you are playing. I recommend using EQ2U's Item Search to see what equipment is available. Many items will have information on where they drop and what mobs to kill.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

THE BEST, is Stratigos Longbow. But getting it is another matter ;)
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Doesn't help if it's a raid bow (that one looks like Fabled POW?) and the person is a soloer or only does heroics.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  7. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

And he said that... where?

Plus. SE and PoW are not exactly difficult. Any guilds raiding regularly and not clearing them yet really need to ask themselves why.
    Snikkety likes this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Just because he didn't say it doesn't mean it's not applicable. I see that situation frequently in the forums. People ask a generic question without supplying all the data that might be a factor. As far as the latter, not everyone has access to the same player base, so skills and abilities can vary widely across raiding guilds. And raids who were doing great one week lose a chunk of players and the following week, it's a whole new ball game.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  9. Chris Thompson Active Member

Yes, absolutely. But I am looking for opinions, not hard and fast rules.
    More info is definitely better, so the more angles people approach this from, the better it is.

10. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

The loot in BoL is all fairly similar. You'll notice patterns. As you're a ranger, you'll probably want a bow with ability mod you can reforge out of, and you want the variant that doesn't have tank stats like mit and block. Other than that, it's all about the rating. There's nothing more to it, the loot is fairly beige until you're raiding. Then it's Line of Fire from Ayquini if you can't clear the two raid zones and get the pearls, and Strategios Longbow if you can.
    WhysperWynde and Chris Thompson like this.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

No, it's quite clear that currently, the best bow in the game is the Strategos Longbow. If you're not doing the content to get that, cool, but that is, and will be for a little while, the best bow in the game.
    WhysperWynde and Chris Thompson like this.