Mit vs Block

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Exotwo, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Akada Member

By the way,

our force is not so strong and we need mostly 20min to kill him.
    By trying to tank with me as pally, I can tank him nearly 50% of his health, but then there is more to do for the raid, more totems up, OT need some care for the adds etc.
    When totem counter is >4 I have no chance to prevent his big hits. All my prevents are 4 Secs, death prevent helps only one time and I spam my self ward and group heal as often I can. Also my devout sacrament, that gives me a dmg reduction for 15 sec seems not to work.
    I have also heard, that crusaders cannot tank him, because our epic 2.0 buffs doesnt work there.
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

It's all about damage avoidance, absorbtion, or interception. If you're taking his melee hits on the chin, you'll only last so long.

I've always thought crusaders have to rely on their healers for survival far more than guard and monk do, but I dunno if I'm right about that.
    Priority likes this.
  3. Priority Well-Known Member

My healers are the real tanks, I'm just a focus.
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

I recently tanked it on my sk alt (not as geared as the guard but decent enough) and i know now what you mean. It is a completely different story. The one shots are just too much we ended up just about getting it killed with a zerker tanking it. On guard it feels like a different encounter in comparison. I am not sure how brawlers are doing on it. I was not aware the epic 2.0 not working in there because i ended up going defensive stance anyway. the incoming damage is too much. This is really unfair. I also had issues with the Aqualani and Soliton or whatever they are called. Getting one shots randomly on the sk. Not sure what that was about.
    Priority likes this.
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

Some hidden mechanic none of the devs want to talk about that makes playing an SK oh so fun....
  6. Revanu Well-Known Member

Don’t worry, we have aa balance, everything will be perfect!
    Smashey, Twofeets, AvenElonis and 2 others like this.
  7. Akada Member

Update:
    Three weeks ago I was able to tank Scald flawless with pally although there was sometimes 7 totems up.
    The secret was that as pally you need templar, warden and conji with miti buff at ancient!
    This tells me, that the lack of avoidance/stoneskins compared to guards/monks must be compansate with a 60k miti buff of a conji in your group. So monks/guards haven´t this dependencies and you can´t get 130k miti with only right gearing - no chance.
  8. Arclite Well-Known Member

That appears to be the case. I tested on my sk and got a rude awakening on the incoming damage in last few nameds in Sol eye and all of PoW. Same group setup as i run with on my guard with inq/mystic/illy/dirge/assassin. Night and day difference on what you can get away with on guards, not saying i don't like that but whoever is running the stats need to wake up.
    Priority likes this.
  9. Drona Well-Known Member

Funny to see this! Normally I tank Scald with defiler, warden, conj, coercer and a dirge as SK MT. I could normally stay up with 7 icons without dying. However, yesterday the conj was missing and the defiler was replaced with a templar and I was down to 70k mitigation and I died at 3 icons. I even put the shield on out of sheer desperation and it blocked 1.8%!!! In the end we got an alt conj and mitigation went to nearly 110k and I was fine with 7 icons again.

Yes, so whoever is running the stats need to wake up else crusaders are going the way of dodo like Bruisers in RoS and we will only be left with Warriors and monk as tank. Which I am sure will help with shortages of tank for heroics /s

Up until Sol ro and PoW, mitigation wasn't important and you can tank all the content with 25k or less. Is Sol Ro and PoW a sing of what is to come in RoS? Then its huge problem.

So far I have done 2 beta raids and couple of heroics in RoS. Based on the these the main type of damage is physical but they are at BoL level hit and I could tanks those with 50k mitigation without issues. But my guess is harder content will need more and if crusaders don't have conj in grp, they are royally f***
    Smashey likes this.
  10. Twofeets Active Member

Crusaders simply cant take the beating some other tanks can in the higher end content. My pally is decently geared and I still get random 1 shots in Sol and have no where near enough temps to stop them. Honestly, I envy SKs, at least they can dps/off tank, but my pally seems to lack the snaps and the DPS to be nearly as effective. Amends isnt the Godsend people think it is, especially in raid setups (especially considering the new amends has been broken for a year).
    Priority likes this.
  11. Exotwo Member

hello... back with my 100 shadowknight and the latest expansion pre-ordered! now we talk meanfully
    (still wearing thalumbra gear, my group will be doing thulumbra before POM or KA)
    I don't play the game as often, but i still play