What will be the level cap for reign of shadows?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jovie, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Jovie Well-Known Member

I see a claimable boost to 120, so is it 130?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

The level cap is not changing.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Gilly New Member

I am having a lot of my wishes for level 130!
    WhysperWynde, Evhon and Jovie like this.
  4. Jovie Well-Known Member

Seems odd that there would be a higher level instant character without one. Why would someone want to go to max level with nowhere to go?
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

life starts at 120
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  6. Laaw Well-Known Member

life started 60, 120 may be a reach :)
    Chimeron likes this.
  7. Laaw Well-Known Member

lvl cap has been increasing every two xpac's
    WhysperWynde and Dude like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The 120 boost and Tishan's Lockbox should make it possible for a brand new player to start out on somewhat even footing with the rest of us.
  9. Kouza Member

Leveling up is expensive. You never wanna level up.
  10. Castles Active Member

i would vote for streamline back to level 60. do what wow has done and normalize to 50 then let everyone level the last 10. this would be the final level cap. armor stats need to normalize too.

some games have taken up too much disk space also. they are dealing with by "vaulting" or archiving zones that don't apply to the expansion. i use an SSD and see some of these games make it to 250GB!!! but that is being addressed with vaulting. it also lets the dev focus on active zones.
    Chimeron and Jovie like this.
  11. Jovie Well-Known Member

The devs let stats get way out of control. Another solution to this is to do what ESO did with the one tamriel change. Everything in game is on level with the individual.

No more mudflation. No more stupid trillion point stats. No more wasted zones.

I've stated this a number of times and it is always followed by purists who scoff at the idea.

If the devs actually played eso to get an idea of just how incredible a system it is, they would be in a position to save the game and make it so much more vibrant. Same goes for eq2.
    Castles likes this.
  12. Jovie Well-Known Member

But what is the point of being caught up if there is nowhere for your character to go? Everything maxed out is boring. That is an "i win" button with nothing really left to do.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

Like every other MMO in existence, being max level isn't the end of the game. This game is about heroic zones and raiding, which requires improving your gear and spells. That's where the progression is.
  14. Xavion Well-Known Member

problem with scale to always be revelant is the point of doing anything feels pointless. why bother gettign stronger if stronger isnt really ever there.
    Tkia and Dude like this.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

For me, it's not about being a purist. I really hated that system in GW2. All I wanted to do is to travel through low level zones to get something I needed, but had to stop and fight things every 45 seconds because everything scales. If I want to fight something in a low level zone, I'll chronomentor.
    Tkia and Breanna like this.
  16. Castles Active Member

ESO works and lets you level anyplace. EQ2 has it's attempt at that....

ESO and Rift are nice alternatives to EQ2. however EQ2 was first and was good. hoping the new class will be fun to level.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

There is no new class.
    Castles and Breanna like this.
  18. Castles Active Member

aye, should have said race... wouldn't want a new class anyways.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  19. Odium New Member

"This game is about heroic zones and raiding"

That, to me, is exactly the problem. The game has become about raiding and heroic zones - which lets be honest, are really raids with less people, when it used to be so much more.

It used to be you could spend time crafting gear people actually wanted, but for the most part, no more. It used to be you could challenge yourself as a solo player to take on heroic mobs and if you were good and had a strategy, you'd find success - but not anymore - not with "real" heroics that provide the better loot. It used to be the only content a player couldn't at least attempt alone or as a duo, was a Raid, but no more - Unless your raiding or find yourself a very well geared group - your never getting even close to completing the more challenging and interesting content, or achievements, or collections, or triumphs - to name just a few things now limited to those that raid or play in well-geared groups. Used to be you could find yourself in a group, based on your class and what they needed - but no more, these days you get an interrogation and your participation, or lack of, boils down to a number. Used to be you could buy some of the cool stuff on the broker, get your character a bit better geared without having to change your entire play style, but no more - near everything cool and of value, is no-trade, and often wasted.

This is not a complaint against anyone that raids or finds themselves running heroic zones - I have zero issues with those that play the game in their way, that works for them. Nor is this some plea that solo players should be able to waltz into a zone a grab a Fabled this or Mythical that. BUT - the game has developed a deep content schism, where you either shift to a raid / Heroic geared group play style, or get stuck running Diaku Corral until you die of boredom. You either learn to love complex zones with raid-like mechanics and requirements to play on a schedule, or you accept the fact that most of the new and more interesting stuff, gear, etc, is beyond you ....go talk to the fat panda and visit zones you've seen 1000 times. You either get a full group of well-geared players, or you fail. You either pass the stat inquisition, or you get booted. You either craft the three things in your entire recipe book that someone might actually buy, or you just don't bother crafting at all. Mob stats make no sense, Character stats are worse. One minute you can kill a lvl 118 Epic X4 trash mob solo without even trying - which is ridiculous - yet the same zone named kills you from 100 feet away, in one shot, instantly. Stat inflation is as bad or worse than plat inflation and more and more of the content is out of reach if you are in anyway way casual, solo, or limited in group capability - never before has EQ2 focused so much effort on one stye of play.

EQ2 now, isn't half the game it once was. I still want to enjoy it, I still want to play. But as a player since 2005, I know I wouldn't have bothered playing half as long if EQ2 had started out, the way its become. IF it were me, and if I were Dark Paw, I'd swallow the hard pill, and reset this thing properly. No more 6-billion damage, no more 4000% this and 6000% that. Crafting that is actually worth doing, gear that's worth going after and achievable for most. Fabled gear is RAID gear and Legendary is exactly that, but achievable with skill and able to be traded. No more crates of free armor because the zones is so inflated you can't possibly succeed without it.

Perhaps the game is just shifting to one that no longer really works for me. So so long as everyone else is happy, I guess its headed in the "right direction".

/rant over #goingbacktothepanda #misstheolddays
    Vrisslar, Dude, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  20. Jems Member

Perhaps I will be the odd woman out on this, but I for one actually really enjoy / appreciate the increased stat numbers and the higher level caps with each / every other expansion.

I'm a crafter, not a raider or a grouper I'd love it if you could do everything in EQ2 as a true solo'er but I recognize that would be changing the core of the mmo. I love being able.to visit old raid content i would never be able to explore if it was a consistent match-your level game, and honestly I look forward to the level cap going up so I can go back into the things I missed previously.
    Breanna likes this.