Old Puppets Spawn Bug is back

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by redwoodtreesprite, Nov 14, 2020.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

(Posting this here as well, as in the past this sort of problem gets often fixed quickly from posts on this forum.)
    This has happened often during many past Heroes Fests. And usually requires the puppets to be reset in spawn times.

This is a big problem. In the last day, the puppets are spawning too soon so one to two more spawn before the first one is done. I realize that often the 2 Darathars will practically share the same spawn times, but yesterday when Trak would have had more time, the Djinn was half over in time, and Darathar in CL was also in progress. As I am writing this it happened again. Darathar CL again only 22 min left when Djinn ended.

With the population down due to the impossibility of logging in for so many players, this makes it almost impossible to do the puppets!

This is happening for me on Halls of Fate.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Spawn times WILL get messed up like that, and it isn't a bug. It is due to random people tripping over a puppet while others are on rotation somewhere else and fighting it. They spawn 5 minutes after a zone is spun up, and after that respawn is based on when they died (or failed). They get all sorts of "out of sequence" due to this and there's no way to prevent it when you have so many people doing their own thing. Rotations only work if *everyone* on the server is following them, and that can't be controlled even on Test. There are always a few people who will go their own way, and suddenly you have multiple puppets up at the same time.
    Finora, Dude, Schmetterling and 2 others like this.
  3. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for last night! Loved doing the puppets with you guys. I hope everyone got the ones they needed.
    Breanna likes this.