Am a victim now of Login problems it seems ..

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by WhysperWynde, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Smashey Well-Known Member

I think they owe the loyal players still playing this game an explanation as to why there are so many network related issues all the time and server crashes.

Stop with the excuses and just tell us the honest truth. Did you switch to a cheaper host this year and we are experiencing ingame lag, server issues and a horrendous slow forum because of that or not?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Ranger Moncreathe New Member

My little dragon keeps walking and walking and walking in the lower right hand corner at 99% on the Loading entity resources page. I hope he does not get too tired. :(
    Soara2 and witchy77 like this.
  3. Folcrid New Member

So how many players is this happening to right now? I look at the server lists and they are low to med population. For me its been a day started trying at about 9pm last night and still same issue.
  4. chattie Well-Known Member

I am surprised anyone is getting in. I had surgery so haven’t been around. Came back yesterday and my game hung up at 99%. It’s stuck there again today.
  5. Roald Member

Hah, got you all beat, I got stuck at 5.0 KB with ole rexy still doing his moonwalk lol
    As per Curly: I'm a victim of circumstance
  6. witchy77 Member

ditto on little dragon running up to 99 % then nada .tried to bypass launch pad using .exe nope still nothing i hope its fixed soon
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Snacksalot New Member

If I disconnect from the internet at the 99% resources stall, then immediately reconnect, the loading cprocedes to next step, doing the disconnect and reconnect again gets me into the game where it's still useless as textures are missing, and the streaming doanloader is stuck at 1k, I can get into Beta just fine after a night of intermittent issues of similar nature.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Jrox Well-Known Member

9. Lefty New Member

I uninstalled EQ2 on the computer stuck at 99%, launched the EQ2_setup.exe, "Directx not needed" and left with...

LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit https://help.soe.com for assistance.
    (4-404)
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Faeberries Member

everyone has fallen to this log in bug! Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::(
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Faeberries Member

Not having fun :( I tried the connecting like 3 times now and cant get in! Please fix asap!
    This year has been a very big mess, can't wait till it's over o_O
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Faeberries Member

Is anyone even on here atm? I'm not sure... sorry i know i type allllllllllllllot.. :p anyway i was just bored, again sorry if im typing too much
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Ryuken Active Member

Is it possible to log in today Faeberries?
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

If you have a working set of files on one computer then copy them to the other one and remove the need to patch which is currently a problem.
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Germania New Member

Cant login. The message is-
    Fatal Error

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Lefty New Member

The curious thing is that the working computer hadn't been used for EQ2 in months, presumably needed patching and as suspected, once logged out, will not load, also stuck at "Loading zone resources 99%"...
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Keleois New Member

I started playing again after a long absence earlier this week and was able to create a new character and log her into Frostfang Sea just fine. Then when I tried to log in again today, it kept getting stuck at the "loading zone resources" at 99% just like the other people here. I was trying to log in on my level 90 main character, who is in Freeport. First I tried from the character select screen, then I tried from the launcher. After I tried to log in on the character from the launcher, successive attempts to log into the character select screen would also get stuck at the "loading zone resources" screen. Just to make sure it wasn't character or zone specific, I tried logging into the new character I played recently, but to no avail.

As I have ethernet instead of wifi on my pc, disconnecting from the internet is either not possible or I simply can't figure out how to do it (without pulling out wires, but my chassy is heavy and the wire is inaccessible without moving the whole thing, so there's no way to do it quickly, which is what the "fix" detailed above said I needed to do, so I didn't even try).

I think the issue is related to the patching, since I play immediately upon loading the launcher and (I think) patching tends to continue in the background. Is it also related to the issue referenced in the launcher news as "Launchpad Issues" even though I'm not getting any sort of pop-up error dialogue box?
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. Keleois New Member

I would have added this as an "Edit: <new info>" at the bottom of my previous post, but apparently editing posts isn't a thing here. So I'm replying with the additional information instead.

I restarted the launcher and this time waited for whatever loading the patcher is doing when it starts to finish before logging into the game. This time, I actually managed to get to the character select screen again, and then tried to log in on my level 90 character. I kept an eye on the dinosaur in both "loading zone resources" screens, and I noticed something interesting. When heading to the character select screen, which was successful, the number under the dinosaur was always going down, or reducing in size (I assume as stuff got downloaded). However, the second one, which was heading to freeport, the number kept bouncing back and forth with seemingly random numbers. I Exited, then relaunched the launcher again (so I can try to log in on my new character), and the launcher is doing the patching thing all over again. So maybe there's more than one issue at hand. I'm currently waiting for it to finish a second time before attempting to log in on my new character, but since I assume that attempt will be unsuccessful I'm going ahead and posting this update. If I do get in on my new character, I'll say so.
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. Keleois New Member

I was able to log in this morning on my main. I hope lots of people are finding their issues resolved too.
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I am ingame now with one character, I'm afraid to switch her for another, afraid the 99% hang load will happen if I switch characters.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.