Please promote the expansion a bit better

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Zarnafien, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

No livestream this year about the new expansion. Very little details provided as pre-order opens.

I understand the Covid restrictions, but it isn't hard to put out a 1 hour livestream hyping the new expansion from peoples homes using Zoom.

We all want EQ2 to thrive and survive as long as possible. Asking people to spend money on a new expansion with barely any info doesn't further that goal.

First year I'm questioning buying the Premium edition. Would be nice if you help move me closer to hitting that purchase button.
  2. Castles Active Member

lol, i just resubbed for 3 months and preordered. servers have been down since. how's that for advertisement.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Not everyone is blocked from getting into Beta. I don't know what it is on the back end of the hardware at the service provider, but it's not a total blank.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

With the SocketError outage, I'm sure any sort of detailed advertisement would have blown up in Daybreak's face even though the events are totally unrelated. The mob would complain about how more resources are spent on marketing than working servers.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

Yes because the same people do both of those jobs.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  6. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Resources includes time and opportunity costs.
  7. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

It would be helpful when you block people for trolling that they are unable to post on threads you start.

The Benito troll is once again trying to derail another thread.
    Argosunited, Feldon and WhysperWynde like this.
  8. Jamzez Active Member

They should promote the game by having a free allaccess week for the player's that have stopped playing.
  9. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

And yet Jamzez if this free access week happened during this problem of loading into the game at all = t'would be nothing but wasted. At least if they were to do that - which I doubt they would - it'd have to be after this loading/entering the game problem is solved. I am here at Forum right now posting because I cannot get into game now. I was playing fine, I tried to get my Freeport Necro into a guild room at Jade Tiger Den just to Tour and NADA! Just endless turning of wheels trying to get in. So I then assumed that was the reason, switched to my Fay Guardian Qeynos gal and again = no entry into game, endless loading is all. It sucks needless to say.
  10. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. I always thought they should have a free weekend where anyone can play all content including the Beta of the next expansion. This would be helpful for new players but also those that used to play but now don’t.

WoW just did that this past weekend. Many of my old WoW friends tried it and going to start playing again. They are also thinking about buying the next game expansion. WoW made huge changes with their level squish. It was was nice to try it out and see how it was before buying.

In general as I said in other posts DPG really needs to provide way more information than bullet points. You are asking people to spend in some cases hundreds of dollars for a product and have no idea what it is. I know we will never get the Fan Faire level of information or even the 90 minute podcasts from a few years ago. I do feel like it should be more than bullet points.

I shouldn’t have to make a forum account and read Beta forums to try to figure out what we are getting with the expansion. Its DPG job to sell people on their product. I’m don’t expect much. Some screen shots maybe a video or two. A few sentences explaining the details of each bullet point. A podcast explaining some of the new systems like the AA changes. It doesn’t seem like much to ask or that hard when they want us to spend hundreds on their product.
    Carynn likes this.