Thinking about DenMum...Test just seems empty without that redhead!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Spindle, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's times like these, when our best buddies are dealing with scary health issues and things are breaking down within us (/raising_paw), that my hubby and I look forward to a time like in Old Man's War... :D

(basically, space-faring future, where folks 75+ years old get to have brand new, young, better-than-natural bodies to tuck their experienced minds into to go fight for Humanity's sake...if memory serves, though, it was more like a 10-year stint, not two :-/)

May that glorious future come soon for you, yours, and probably all the rest of us here! :D

In the meantime, get well soon, and don't worry; we'll ... take care of things in your absence... ;)

Uwk
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

I am so glad to hear you are home and recovering from whatever was done to you, Niami. It is a bear being folded, spindled, and mutilated for health's sake and the recovery is often as bad as the procedure. I hope you are able to avoid the "white flu" that follows me out of the hospital every time I have to go there.

Please give yourself lots of time to recover. The game may not be the same without you playing but everyone wants you to recover quickly and completely. Bless you and thank you so very much for all you do for us crafters.
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since my first hangover in college, I've thought that we should be able to treat bodies like cars. I needed a "weekend body" to go out and party (then hang in the closet to recover for a week) with as well as my "regular" body (which would be well rested after being hung in the closet over the weekend).

Now that I'm older, the analogy to a car seems even more àpropos: when you're young and poor and stupid (as all young people can be stupid) you need a "clunker" body to use and abuse, then when you are older and hopefully wiser, you can trade it in on a new body that you'll care for better. Societal inequality would be a downer on this, of course, as there would be luxury bodies that the hoi polloi would never be able to afford, mid-range bodies for the bourgeoisie, etc. But the dream remains as I get older and creakier!
  4. The Martian Active Member

Even with Co-Vid, and my daughter starting school again, as well has trying to breath with all the smoke in the air.... There is not an hour that goes by that I do not think of you, and some incident with you that makes my heart smile (heaven knows we all need something at this time). Truly my thoughts and prayers are with you... We all wish a speedy recovery for you (not just for that selfish reason of hearing from you again, but so that you are feeling better sooner rather than later). We all truly miss you and want the best for you. You are a shining light that keeps the day going for some of us. Just knowing you exist helps make the world a better place. I better stop now before I short out the keyboard with my tears.

Love and the gentilist of hugs to DenMum.
  5. Rarkevan Active Member

This. This exactly. You are never far from my mind, and I think of you and try to send strength and courage and healing your way, daily. I always also daily wish you are with as little discomfort and challenge as is possible in your situation.
    May you feel lifted up by all of us, DenMum. You matter so much and mean so much to many, even "complete strangers" like me.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Quick note to say that she's back home from the hospital again, pain levels are better and she's planing to finally be able to sleep better and rest today!

*hands out the second twin for ankle-gnawing*
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! :D

Yay Mum! Sounds like she's proceeding apace! :D

Uwk
    looking forward to seeing her again...should we do an official "Welcome Home, Mum! :D" thing for her? :)
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Let us hope "the third time's the charm" on hospital stays! I seem to be headed in the right direction on my healing at last, and plan on much sleeping. I don't know when I'll be more active, but I am taking it slowly and carefully,

Thank you all for your wonderful words of care and support. They mean more than you can know.

Now, back to napping.
  9. Rarkevan Active Member

Rest and heal, cancer -free woman! So glad that you are home again. Have them treat you like a queen and wait on you hand and foot!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! :D Let the Ogre Hubby do any heavy lifting! ;)

Ask a kitty about how awesome sleeping 20 hours a day is... ;->

Very necessary! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

It's been a while...How is/are you DenMum?
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thanks for the concern!

Back, again, from my 4th hospital visit a bit over a week ago. (Stubborn stent in a kidney decided it not only didn't want to come out, but wanted to start an infection). I swear I am earning frequent flyer miles at the hospital! :D They *hope* that this was the last of the post-surgical complications. {crosses fingers, toes and eyes}

Overall, I'm doing well, and I've been back in-game in small chunks. My endurance is slowly building back up and I'm bracing for the start of beta tomorrow.
  13. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I'm so happy to hear you're re-gaining strength Niami. May you be blessed with every sort of healing energy you need, and I pray you have no further complications! Thanks for the update! <3
  14. The Martian Active Member

Glad to hear things are going better.. and hopefully stay that way.. I haven't been on much myself... Spouse had a hip replacement..... sigh… Real life sure puts a damper on playing..... but hopefully everybody keeps improving, and that we all have a great 2021!!!!! (especially you Mum... you deserve it!) and I second thanks for the update!