OFFICIAL 2020 SSHHS Official SIGN UP THREAD!!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Darkzypher, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

The Secret Santug Holiday House Swap is a fun exchange meant to bring smiles to decorators of all skill levels. Simply put, this is a name-drawn-from-a-hat “Secret Santa” style gift exchange of a decorated home. We will assign each of you (the Santug) a home to decorate (your Santee). In turn, someone else will decorate a home for you!

WHO: Anyone that wants to join in... if you have failed to finish a home in previous years by not letting us know RL commitments make sure to check with us if you are still eligible to participate please.

If you aren’t an incredible decorator, that’s fine. People love to receive houses, no matter the skill level. This is about fun and the spirit of giving! You’re giving someone a smile, no matter what you do. After all, you’re building a house for them! All for them! It makes people feel special to get a house like that! So, stock up on house items, because we don’t care what your skill level is. If you want to spread a little holiday cheer, and receive some in return, while having fun decorating, this is for you!

WHAT: Annual Secret Santug Holiday House Swap 2020

WHEN: Signups are open NOW until 11/22/2020. (That’s 14 full days!)
    (DO NOT DELAY -- SHORTER SIGN UP TIME THIS YEAR)

• EMAIL: eq2.secret.santug@gmail.com
    • Character Info:
    • Server:
    • Theme of House:
    • Where the House is:
    • Any additional info you want to share with the person decorating your home
    You will receive your home signups ON or BEFORE NOVEMBER 22nd, 2020. Decorating will run from NOVEMBER 22nd, 2020 to JANUARY 22nd, 2021.

(Heed the new dates for this year!!)
    DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!

We don’t want anyone panicking the days before That Holiday with A Tree in Real Life With All Those Evil Songs On The Radio because they haven’t finished the house yet.

USE THEM WISELY! USE THEM WISELY!
    WHERE: ALL SERVERS can participate!

WHY: Because we like to spread holiday cheer! We’ve found that quite a few people don’t get a chance to give or receive gifts. This holiday isn’t all about gifts, it’s about caring for yourself and others. However, nothing says “I care” quite so much as a personalized home in a game where you spend a lot of time. This is a gift that doesn’t cost any real-world money, so even the least wealthy of EQ2ers can both give and receive this gift.

OPTIONS: Some people like to offer the Santug multiple houses to pick from, please no more than 3 choices though. Some people also like to decorator on more than one server. Both are awesome but not required.

Remember there are only 61 days to decorate!

WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU SIGN UP:
    • You may offer your Santug multiple addresses. Your Santug can then choose which house to decorate. Note that they will only decorate ONE house, no matter how many addresses you list--listing multiple addresses simply allows your Santug to pick the address they feel most able to decorate for you. Please limit to 3 choices or less.
    • Grant ARCHERIA (ON ANTONIA BAYLE ONLY) & DEVILKISS (ON ALL SERVERS) trustee access on ALL the home choices you want to offer to decorator.
    • Change the name of the home to SSHHS2020 VERY IMPORTANT! Do not modify this at all. Even if you have multiple houses you’d like to have your Secret Santug pick out of to decorate, name them all SSHHS2020. No spaces! All capital letters!
    • Make sure the home’s public access is set to “None.”
    • In each of the house choices, place a player written book in your SSHHS2020 home. Please provide house details that will be included in sign up email. Please also map out any other details about character or house you might think will help your Santug. If you do not have any ideas, please still place a book with owner character name, character race, character gender, home city, home address, and “DECORATOR’S CHOICE.”
    • Please make sure that you have at least 70 days paid upkeep if your home is not a prestige home.
    OPTIONAL:You can provide the any of the following items that may help your Santug but it is totally optional
    • House actor
    • Expanders. Crafted 100 item and/or 200 item marketplace expander (in any order but use 200 item marketplace expander since 100 item marketplace expander doesn’t stack with crafted one)
    • Guild hall door
    WANT TO HELP:No time to decorate a house but want to help? Please send email to eq2.secret.santug@gmail.com with list of server.character names that you are willing to provide help with. Please indicate for each one how you would like to help (crafting, special merchant purchases, harvesting, layout editor help, etc.). You may sign up as helper even if you are participating in the actual swap.

Please DO NOT sign up if you think you won’t be able to finish a house in this amount of time. If you do that, the organizers have to scramble to finish the home that you left partially done.

CERTAINLY let us know if you sign up and a real-world emergency happens that causes you to be unable to participate. We will happily take over the home for you, as long as we know that we need to!

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, enter the home after November 15th, until it is announced as completed on the JANUARY 22nd 2021!

Thank you for helping spread some Norrathian good cheer!

Archeria and Devilkiss
  2. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

Placeholder for Server Assignments
  3. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Placeholder for Q
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Placeholder for U :D

EDIT: Sent in my entry via email, but any responses should, ideally, be here in a PM, since my email can get wonky from time to time, and The Hordelings take a lot out of their "dad" to keep track of. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Galya Member

I would love to do this!

INFO:

• Character Info: Galya Warden
    • Server:Maj'Dul
    • Theme of House: Frostfellian!
    • Where the House is: Presitige Home
    • Any additional info you want to share with the person decorating your home This is one of my first decoration projects so I would love to redo it. It has items in it you are free to use, but I would like to change it to a more Holiday Frostfellian vibe. Any colors are fine. Feel free to return items to sender or place in the moving crate. So craft benches are in the house.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Question: if the deadline to sign up is the 22nd, and we're not sure what house we want to put up for this will be until the 21st or so, how will we know which one it'll be by the 15th? I'm confused (not an unfamiliar state, but it's so easily done, have mercy)... :confused:

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Do we have a Pet or Plushie that replicates the Defiler's dark grey (not black, though close as darn it) wolf/dog/sidekick/thing (vs. the light grey an antonican defender)? Asking for...a friend. Yeah, that's it... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Misstake Well-Known Member

You will have the assignments by the 22nd, but we may be able to match people before that.
  9. Aelissa Well-Known Member

Ok keep reminding me please Devilkiss, yell me on home channel please lol.
  10. Misstake Well-Known Member

3 more days to get your sign ups in!!!
  11. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I am in!
    Breanna and Misstake like this.
  12. Misstake Well-Known Member

We are rocking.... Let's keep those signups coming in. Only 2 days left to sign up!!!
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Sucreblu Member

just signed up for this hope you get the email. from Honeyy:)
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Lera Well-Known Member

Is this it?

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah! That's it! Is there a House Pet or a Plushie that duplicates that? :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Lera Well-Known Member

That's the Darklight Growler Plushie from the brownie grotto. Good timing, so stock up now!
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! Thanks! :D

Working my way through stacks of (/shudder) Candied Mushroom Tarts as we speak... :-/

Maybe later I'll whip up some Tea or Root Beer to try to wash 'em down. X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Aelissa Well-Known Member

Ok I just sent in email, 3 houses to choose from. I am changing name to SSHHS2020 still, and adding Devilkiss and Archia now to trustees.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I should do that on both of mine, too...thanks for the reminder! :)

EDIT: Okay, changed the names and set DK to Trustee. Still need to know which one to put the single Guild Hall Door and Expanders in, but I'll find out...tomorrow, I guess! Or the 23rd... ;->

Uwk
    Aelissa, Misstake and Breanna like this.
  20. Iskatawna Active Member