Raw Elm

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Foommi, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Foommi New Member

Where do i find Elm to harvest, I would like to know that name of the zone or place rather then its in T1 areas, cause that is not helping me at all. I have spent time looking on the web for an answer and am not getting anywhere as to EXACTLY where it can be located.
    Soara2, Minxy and WhysperWynde like this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

The Outpost of the Overlord, Queens Colony, Darklight Woods newbie area, Frostfang Sea newbie area, and Oakmist Forest are among the areas I know you can harvest elm.
    Soara2, WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  3. TechUp Active Member

To add to Melkior's post. Here's a link to harvests up through tier 11:

https://eq2.zam.com/wiki/A_Harvester's_Guide

or here, but you have to clear on the tier "links" on the left-hand side of the table to see what is actually in that tier of harvesting:

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Harvesting_Timeline
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

It gets confusing trying to find the correct node. When I first began playing, it did not occur to me that T1 nodes around the Faydark Nursery would have different names than the ones in Darklight Wood, and you are usually not looking for anything specifically labeled as "elm" or "tin" or "sunfish".

The nodes will be clickable, so just go click on what looks like branches on the ground, rocks or dirt pile, or bushes, or schools of fish. Most nodes will provide a select variety of items, so if the first time you gather from it and it doesn't give you what you were looking for, keep gathering from it as it is random what gets gathered. Bushes are the worst as they can give you one of 5 or 6 different types of harvestables.
  6. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Hartsmith, Soara2 and Niami DenMother like this.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It is also very confusing that the tier 1 recipes, especially, tend to list things as "Raw ____" as a holdover from the days when there were subcombines and such. "raw elm"="severed elm" ... "raw tin"="tin cluster" and so on.

I'd SO very love to get access to that recipe database for a day to change all the "raw" bits to proper resource names to save new players a lot of confusion.
    Hartsmith, Soara2, Kuulei and 3 others like this.
  8. nooz Where is my cat nip err I mean nap!

Done! if only i had the power mums. :):).
  9. Lera Well-Known Member

You mean put all the subcombines back.

*fleeeeeeees and hides*
    Soara2 and nooz like this.
  10. nooz Where is my cat nip err I mean nap!

oh Lera, you slay me softly! I have been doing subcombines in my sleep!!!
    Hartsmith, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

I think I am one of the few who actually liked the subcombines. :)
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

No, I used to use them to level up the first half of a new tier while stocking up to be able to make the final products. I never understood why people had a problem with them once dependancies were removed. Once you'd done everything once for pristine bonus there was nothing left but making stuff over and over to do the rest of the levelling so it might as well be on subcombines as anything. Or maybe it was just the sages moaning again, since they had enough pristine bonuses available to not need to do anything else over and over ;)
    Soara2, Breanna and nooz like this.
  13. Minxy I am my own man forever and ever!

Breanna a few like us I agree with you... a few also made a mint on just selling subcombines :)
  14. nooz Where is my cat nip err I mean nap!

Sage is a sage what to do when a book is finally finished their subcombines came in the form of editing~! :)
  15. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Foommi if you would like your character to carry around an ingame Havestables Guide Book, my character Lettiah is selling copies online in the Marketplace. I cannot at moment get into the game because of the Error of Loading, I get stuck at 99% load screen, but I'm pretty sure she's still got a few for sale. The price is reflective of the effort involved in gathering all the information .. but it isn't by names of areas. I did start a guide like that too, in addition to listing the Tiers in this book; but I never finished because the game went ahead an listed level on resources again.

Forgot to add that Lettiah is selling her Harvestables Guide on Skyfire Server. Thanx.
    Soara2, Breanna and Minxy like this.
  16. Minxy I am my own man forever and ever!

Foommi I am sorry I was occupied on the fifth of November... yes lvl 1-9 is tough if someone enticed you to see a lvl 120 zone... I hope this section encourages you! ~:D)
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

lol no :)
    As a provisioner, I never had the interdependency the other crafting classes had and loathed subcombines with a passion. I used to have to stand there for literally hours (not counting the time to harvest everything) just to make a stack or 2 of the 'good' food and drink. SO not worth it. And subcombines were the reason crafting bots were a serious problem back in the day.
    Getting rid of subcombines was awesome, even better when they started having provisioner recipes make multiples.
    Hartsmith, Soara2, nooz and 1 other person like this.