Fixed Internally Screen goes black when flying

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tabernaq, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Feebil Mynded New Member

This started to happen to me yesterday when I logged in.
    Full download
    Kralkalik, the Hivewatcher
    In the main camp in Wracklands
    Same, as soon as I fly screen goes black, game lags considerably, I can land and the screen comes back but 3rd person is borked.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Seems to be a strong connection between this bug and the insect mount for some reason. When I switched mounts, the problem went away.
    Breanna and Feebil Mynded like this.
  3. Feebil Mynded New Member

So I went into the game and was still having the issue. I stuck a random mount into the mount illusion slot, recast mount and the problem stopped.
    I can also confirm that when the illusion slot is empty and I recast Krak, the problem did not happen again.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Vanirs New Member

on one of my character leonidaas when flying on my mount, dark terror skyygge (appearance mount skyfire phoenix) my screen blacks out after flying for less than a minute, mostly over water but over land also until i land or dismount in air. i tried clearing the cache but that didnt work for very long. it seems to be only on this character and my other 6 characters seem okay with no similar problems when flying. this just started this week after your update. i can still see the mini map and everything becomes extremely laggy and in game buttons lagging also when pressed. this happens in all zones.
  5. Cuiran New Member

Full download, both near water in A.C. today while flying on Skirkoloc as well as running around in Seru yesterday. After the screen came back that time my left arm disappeared, too.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Breanna, Juraiya and Nazy like this.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

Happens to me on a low level alt using the Skyfire Phoenix mount as well. So not just confined to the BoL bugs.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Daryx Well-Known Member

This just started happening to me on some characters as well. Both are kerra, and there are additional issues. I first noticed one a 120 monk when he zoned into Darklight from Ironforge in NQ using fast travel. When I flew everything went black and when I landed I was stuck in first person, consistently.

I was two-boxing, and the other character could not see the kerra but could get a target arrow that pointed at nothing. We zoned to Nek and it continued.

I changed from him using Skygge Dark Terror with Kralkalik, the Hivewatcher as appearance, to using Brightfire Essence of Arcanna'se as mount and appearance. Now when he flies, screen goes black and he still disappears to the other character. But when he lands, I'm not stuck in first person and can zoom out--to a HEADLESS character as seen by both the affected kerra and the boxed character!

I turned off all buffs, but really nothing on the character had changed since before NOTD--I have only done tinkering/adorning dailies on him for several weeks.

So it's not a specific mount causing the issue, and it's something that's been recently changed. I suppose it's appropriate to be headless for NOTD.... I'll look at other characters of course but I've been having no issues since NOTD started till tonight. (Kerra ranger 110 was crafting and went headless on Brightfire but only from boxed character's perspective.)
    Juraiya likes this.
  9. Daryx Well-Known Member

So I changed to Blessed Sokokar with no appearance mount after logging character out, and everything was fine--could fly and see, and head was there. Switch him back to Skygge Dark Terror with Kralkalik appearance and back to black-screen flight with headlessness.

If it makes any difference to tracking this down I use "never render mounts" setting all times (except flying of course). Other characters on Skygge or Skygge Dark Terror aren't having this issue.
  10. Daryx Well-Known Member

As Bhayar and Melkior said, any of the phoenices (see I read quest text!) or bugs (Kralkalik and Umbra) are causing the issue. Changing the appearance mount and logging out corrects everything. (I only see flying black screen with Skygge Dark Terror/Kralkalik combination.) I am seeing it on characters using a phoenix for base mount with no appearance mount as well.

Different races seem to have different negative effects--my high elf loses his hair and his gaze/head direction is stuck upwards straight sideways to the right no matter where his target actually is. Half elf and dark elf have same head issue and missing left arm and shoulder.
  11. chattie Well-Known Member

Happening to me too. I was harvesting on my Phoenix and the screen repeatedly went black. I can sometimes get it back to normal by backing up to where I came from but I just I had to log the last time as i couldn't get it to return to normal.
  12. Amybelle Member

Full download
    Running the panda quests (playing again after a long absence)
    Screen went black, group members say I lost two circles on the front of my chest, along with my hair and left arm. Head pointed permanently to the left. Was using Skyyge with the Skyfire Phoenix illusion.
    Switched illusion to the White Frosttail Reindeer, the problem disappeared.

Also happened several days ago in one of the Bastion of Thunder: Winds of Change instance with the blue Wind Spirit birds that take you to each level.

Screenshots from me & my group mate:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Hope this helps!
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Well, the disappearing body parts isn't just Kerra. This is what I got at the top of the Wind Tower in the Torden Solo before killing Yveti:

[IMG]
    Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  14. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I had similar happen to one of my characters while in my GH. Didn't think anything of it at the time, but it was the day after the update. One arm, and I think the head, disappeared. Very disturbing and disconcerting; camping back to the character didn't help, so I just logged to a different character.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

This bit is DEFINITELY related to the bug mount. I was looking at various mount appearances on one of my characters just now; as soon as I selected the Umbra mount, the character's appearance in the dressing room showed him missing his left arm, and he was looking up and to the right. Even when I switched to a different mount in the dressing room, it still showed him missing his arm and looking in that weird direction. He looks fine in the game (he has Tinkerfest wings selected as his appearance in his Mount tab), it's only the dressing room version of him that's messed up for now.

Camping back to himself fixed the issue in his dressing room. I would guess that someone switching out mounts to fix these odd problems might also have to camp to themselves in order for the fix to actually take.

So there's definitely something going on with the Umbra bug mount, and possibly with other mounts as well. It only started after this last update, so you devs really need to take a good look at that code.

Edit: Skyfire Phoenix does the same thing as the Umbra mount. Missing an arm, and looking up to the right.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I should mention that my mount is Ergrott, Cerulean Terror, with an appearance mount of Blue Canvas Oscillating Kajiggers, and that in Options I have mounts set to never display.
  17. Remma New Member

I got this the other night doing the POP timeline

Was in the Bastion of Thunder going up the wind tower using the birds there to take me from platform to platform - no water - not my own mount
  18. Bunji Developer

I just pushed out an updated client EXE to fix this issue (both US / EU). Re-patch your client and this issue should go away.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

As an add-on, when I added wings in appearance slot, the problem didn't re-occur. Haven't tested enough to definitely say this is a workaround, but it might be worth a try.
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

Supposed to have been fixed this morning according to Bunji's post above. Are you still seeing an issue?
    Breanna likes this.