Vet newb

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Hoaxes, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Hoaxes New Member

I'm glad to see this game is still going, and that it hasn't been (from what i can tell so far) completely re-tooled in the 10 years or so that I've been off. My account and all my characters are still alive, too, somehow.

I'm on Skyfire starting fresh with a dirge, wondering what to expect as far as grouping and whatnot goes. Or any tips. Also looking for a casual guild if that's a thing.

Look me up, I enjoy dumb adventures, too.

Hoaxes / Euronymouse / Bergtatt / Lampin (Skyfire)
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Doobius40504 Active Member

I returned after a 5 years hiatus and here's what I know.

Live Servers - get in a guild and get to level cap asap, or you're going to be soloing it.

TLE Servers - go for it! Everybody is going for the same goals and there's a lot of grouping and not a lot of raising. The time locked expansions mean new updates every 16 weeks. Have fun!
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Nazy Well-Known Member

As far as grouping goes, you won't find many groups under 120 on Skyfire. Low-level grouping is found mostly on TLE. I do have some lonely Skyfire characters at low levels who would enjoy grouping. :)

A causal guild... I'd suggest The Orphans or Causal Concept.
    The Orphans for a fun, family-friendly guild with some younger people;
    Causal Concept for a more "mature" guild (18+) with older people.

(I'm biased so I would say The Orphans because it's my guild. ;) We have lots of funny and friendly people!)

Welcome back!
    Hoaxes, Doobius40504 and Soara2 like this.
  4. Foruminator New Member

Come to TLE, I did live after a similar break and was less than inspired, then went to TLE and it does the job.
    Doobius40504 and Soara2 like this.
  5. Hoaxes New Member

Thanks, guys. Yeah i guess I shoulda expected that. Sounds like a progression server then, I've never been an ambitious player. But all my characters are on Skyfire, wonder if I can move them. I'll check out Casual Concepts, as I have a pretty relaxed filter.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

You cannot move characters from a live server to the TLE server.
    Doobius40504, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  7. Hoaxes New Member

Yeah, makes sense :(
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

Hm, if you are on Skyfire and feel like easy progression raiding or you're a secret troll and like razzing your guildmates, come to Unholy Mercenaries. We never met an elevator we could ride properly! (LGTBQIA+ and allies with firearms)
  9. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

well, for one thing VET Newb those two words don't go or belong together ever
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  10. Oddo Member

Which servers are those?
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

Kaladim is the TLE sever. It requires a subscription.
    Doobius40504, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  12. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

If only that were true. I myself had taken a couple years off from EQ2. When I came back and discovered ascension, familiars, etc, I felt like a complete newb despite my account having been created way back in 2011.
  13. Hoaxes New Member

Thank you. Yeah, I'm couple weeks in and I'm still re-learning crap every day. Mind you i was on eq2 the very first day of launch and played endlessly until about 2010. It is not like riding a bike.

BTW wanted to say thanks for recommending Casual Concept, fantastic guild. I unfortunately had to leave to create The Mighty Mice, which is the dumbest thing I've ever done but I have no regretz.
    Hartsmith likes this.