Returner help please

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Slayan, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Slayan Member

Hello friends, I took a break when the level cap was 100, Now I have no clue were to go to level up. Went to Plane of Magic and killed yellows for an hour and got 0 exp and that's with the exp slider all the way to normal exp. Thanks
  2. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

You have to do the PoM sig line or buy a 110 bauble from the marketplace. Only 2 ways to do it.
  3. Naramee Active Member

you dont lvl up with killing Mobs only anymore, you have to do the quests then leveling is easy. That is for all lvls after 100. If you are in planes of magic just follow the timeline there until you Need to go in to the first instance. It gives you a Little push upwards. But quests are your best friend
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

As you gain levels, the amount of XP to the next level raises exponentially:
    [IMG]

Killing an individual monster doesn't result in much XP at all. You will need to quest in order to level up. The quests give TONS of XP, and in fact, if you happen to have XP potions and maybe a Vitality potion or two, you will level FAST by doing quests in PoP and up.
    Geroblue likes this.
  5. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

The basic tier of each expansion also comes with a 110 Character Boost.
  6. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

:( this image isn't displayed in my browsers, even if i'm logged in to forum. also i can't see image contained in your signature. there are no problems with images in signatures of other forum members, as well as with other images on forum. seems to be some kind of problem viewing from wix media, does anyone else have same problem?
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Kenn Well-Known Member

Yeah, what they said. Doing the signature line with both quest and crafting line will max your level.
  8. Slayan Member

Thank You
  9. Obano Well-Known Member

That image wasn't accurate anyway. This is the EQ2 leveling curve.

[IMG]
  10. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

now i see this curve, thanks Obano
    and now, after i saw this image, i can add that definition of raise was not quite accurate, should read like this: as you gain levels, the amount of xp to the next level raises hyperbolically (in simple terms, it rushe up along the y axis)
    and even more accurate: if you take only up to level 100, then this is an exponential growth, and if you consider all levels together, this is already hyperbolic growth
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Smoothed curve! Same problem still applies, the further you get in level, the XP required to achieve the next level is exponentially higher, rapidly approaching infinity it feels like some days.

At least the quest XP has kept up with the leveling XP. Bad news for the "I only grind" folks, but with a little XP potion and you don't have to do many quests to hit the next level cap.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  12. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

It's not a curve, it's an upward spike into the heavens when you reach lvl 100, then pretty much flat from 101-120. This serves to force us into doing signature quests. Generally MMO players don't like being forced to play a game one way or another as it's supposed to be about choice. You lose this choice at lvl 100.
    I like to imagine someone out there was stubborn enough to refuse to abandon the grind, and is still working away grinding mobs somewhere. They're probably at about lvl 105 by now. By 2030 they might be in Sanctus Seru if they keep working hard.
    Obano, AOE1, Hartsmith and 1 other person like this.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Breanna, Hartsmith, Tanto and 2 others like this.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't. There's still a choice. I chose not to give them any more expansion money and judging from the continuing complaints about declining populations I'm not the only one.
    AOE1 likes this.
  15. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

if they did something to force players to pay more attention to completing quests then this is natural. because not everyone seems to remember name of this game. although quests should be done not because are forced to do it, but because like these quests. but i don't know if pop, cd and bol questlines are also interesting (i.e. from dbg/darkpaw and not from sony) like those in previous expansions (i don't know because they as if greedy, selling only bol (25 is wrong), but not cd and even discounted pop). valuable isn't interest arising from need to gain experience or reward for quest, but interest in very process of completing quests: the need to figure out something, what and how, and where, nice humor, exciting story, etc. so i find that under the circumstances (where interest to actually quests is still not as significant how would it be decent for this game) small amount of experience for everything else isn't that bad, although this would perhaps annoy and me if my toons were at end of game