Gorowyn Heights Magical Manor

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by WhysperWynde, Oct 4, 2020.

1. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this here in Homeshow Forum so if I have posted in wrong place please some Moderator MOVE my thread to proper forum? Thanks. I became aware of Gorowyn Heights Magical Manor from the Housing and Leaderboards through the VERY EXCELLENT decorated home of Gundum called Shadowgundum. Very lovely what he has done with it .. teleporting to many other places, many great forges & work benches that I don't have @ home - so I will be visiting there often to Craft. Especially on A Cheery Loom, A Festive Work Bench and A Merry Stove & Keg that work on Frostfell Festival type items. He also has Forge of Brell, Sootfoot Forge and a different style Blood Iron Forge than the one I have although I think it crafts the same items.

So now I am bound and determined that I MUST OWN a Gorowyn Heights Magical Manor for my very own. It is a very attractive home with attic & basement areas as well as 2 or 3 mid level rooms and is very spacious and even has a dock outlooking over a bay. SO can some nice person please tell me HOW to acquire Gorowyn Heights Magical Manor. I will Google for it too but thought perhaps somebody could offer hints in case it is a difficult quest to get it. Most of my 18 Skyfire girls are from Qeynos but I've got 3 or 4 on the Freeport side of things. So any help with this would be greatly appreciated and Gudum you made a really GREAT HOME there and I will be visiting to craft on your specialized forges/work benches if that's OK. Cheers!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Breanna and Jems like this.
  2. Jems Member

Funny, I was just walking through the same place mere hours ago and thinking the exact same thing! Does not appear to be available on the marketplace, so sadly I don't know where else to look.
  3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

If you ever wonder about how to get a house related item including houses themselves go to eq2furniture.com. I looked up this magical manor on that site and here is the info...

Purchased on the Marketplace (Legends of Norrath --> Loot Items) for 799 DBC or as part of Legends of Norrath Loot: Dragonbrood - The Anarchs (Legends of Norrath --> Loot Items) for 299 DBC 1799 DBC. Someone can place on broker which is called "a tax-free Gorowyn housing license"

I got my LON houses from broker by typing in tax free or deed. There is a magical tax-free license ones are Freeport/Qeynos (same item but goes by your faction), New Halas, and Gorowyn. Deed ones are Dimensional Pocket, Fearful Retreat, and Residence of the Blades. People charge a ton of money for them if you can even find them.

For the tax-free houses, you can get the same house layout but there is rent/status for them plus a different door you go to. From eq2furniture.com, search for Gorowyn Six Room which says this...

Purchased from Gorowyn Heights Magical Manor in Timorous Deep (2701, 123, 1124) for 0c Upkeep: 0c
    or Gorowyn Heights in Timorous Deep (2831, 136, 1138) for 1 p 200,000 status Upkeep: 3g, 50,000 status
    or Timorous Heights in Timorous Deep (2829, 129, 1192) for 1p, 70g. Upkeep: 7g
  4. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I did google for learning how to acquire Gorowyn Heights Magical Manor and found out if comes from Legend of Norrath Playing Cards which all have a chance of winning many great things. There is also a New Halas Manor from there that I haven't looked into yet.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Gorowyn_Heights_Magical_Manor_(Housing)

I am On It!
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've got that New Halas Manor (I lucked out when the LoN game was still a thing! :D) and /claimed it for Uwk here; the best thing about these rent-free places that look like the regular 6-room houses (pity there isn't one for Kelethin or Neriak...they might've been considering that when the game went poof :-/) is that there's no upkeep involved.

But even if you get a regular 6-room Gorowyn or New Halas house that doesn't have a Status upkeep requirement and get four Treasure Hoards from the Loyalty Merchant (if you're a Member; they are fairly pricey, loyalty token-wise, but can be worth it) and place those in there, you can get the exact same sort of house for the lovely rent-free advantage. :)

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that holds true for the Qeynos/Freeport places; I think those are in really special cases. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The greatest thing about getting a Rent-Free House from a LoN card (any way you can! :D) is that it has a housing portal option, like the prestige houses you can get off the Marketplace (or for free if you've been playing for 7+ years; the Mistmoore Crags Estate :D), which makes life just SO much easier if you need to pop back and forth into it from somewhere else. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Lera Well-Known Member

The 5-room LON houses in other cities also have portals:

\aITEM 1234049799 -407367787:Concordium Tower Magical Manor\/a
    \aITEM -1370788915 486114974:Magical Academy Housing\/a
    \aITEM -608562467 761253342:New Halas Magical Manor\/a
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

That will be next year for me, but some of my characters already have it bought through the Marketplace. I'll have to be careful on which character gets it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

No, it's one per character. And if you want free prestige housing do the panda quests. The first 2 years of them offered a per character house at the end.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the treasure hoard items work on any house that has a weekly rent , it does not work on any status weekly requirement , but that can be easily fixed with status reduction furniture .
    this way you can get a home anywhere in Norath with no weekly payments including Maj' Dul ( got to get factions for that one )
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

You can only get a prestige house once. Some of my characters already have Mistmoore Craigs Estate, therefore when my main account reaches 7 years in 2021, they cannot redeem Mistmoore a second time.

All of my characters that can, have, Mara and Relic Tinker.