Re-setting ts! What happens to class specific items?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Aeryinae, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Aeryinae New Member

As the title suggests, i am wondering what happens to the class specific items / titles when you reset your tradeskill? for instance the title master carpenter, or the carpenter item from mara, item from shadows of the betrayed ( i think it is called) from Sundered Frontier line. can you get these in your 'new' chosen class? can you even do them again to get new item if you dont just get given the replacement?
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

The quests would not be available again, you may be able to purchase from the shady merchant on Nek dock? I think the biggest issue would be trying to level up from 9 artisan to max level. The quests you did to level to your current level, would not be available.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Rivenly Well-Known Member

For the Fallen Dynasty charm per EQ2 Traders Corner...
    Mercychalice and Breanna like this.
  4. Fangrim Active Member

The quests for Master (insert class) are there when you reset, I've done it many many times and had to do the whole proof in the pudding again. You can do your new class quest in Mara when you reach the right level. SF item there is an exchange guy I think in Stonebrunt.
    Getting from 9-10 is instant then 10-15 you can do just doing the Transmuting, tinkering, adorning dailies. At 15 you get work orders that you just need to make 3 items or 4 if you're a Craftsman.
    As soon as you get level 19 (Stop crafting, I don't care if you're in the middle of a work order, any crafting at 19 or 9 is wasted xp!) talk to the crafting instructor to reach 20. At 20 you can do rush orders all the way to max level, It's way faster than doing any quest lines or crafting in Frostfel or mushroom rings no matter what others say. As long as you have access to materials ofc.
    Also if you've already opened gathering quests PoP+ and daily/weekly crafting quests you can do these for xp boosts 110 +
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I've already reset my tradeskill class numerous times.

- You keep the Master X title from the Pudding Quest.
    - The Pudding quest is repeatable for your new class, including getting the new title and cloak.
    - Any tradeskill quests you have already completed remain completed. This actually makes it extremely difficult to level up after 100 if you've already completed the Planes of Prophecy timeline. Fortunately there are repeatable daily tradeskill missions and writs you can still do.
    - The Shady Swashbuckler will sell the Shadows of the Betrayed item once you reach level 90, but the quest cannot be repeated. Convert them into a house item and enjoy.
    Breanna and Mercychalice like this.
  6. Fangrim Active Member

If you already have access to the gathering quests PoP+ make sure you pick them all up before you reset, then get to 20 and turn those in and watch the levels zoom! I forgot this mode of super fast levelling because I only ever reset my tradeskill to do the work order quests and this method just zooms you past way too many.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Oh I had a friend that wanted to change TS professions. They did the smart thing, they did it at the start of the current expansion before starting the TS timeline and used the "Tradeskill Boost to Level 110" bauble that came with their expansion purchase. They went from 110-120 as a new sage the first day BoL launched. :D
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My advice is don't change your tradeskill. Make a new toon, and have it be the new crafting class. If you have one of each flavor of crafter, it's amazingly useful.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Nilyana Active Member

As was mentioned, you will be able to do the earring of the solstice quest again - if I remember right, it doesn't make you do the whole thing again, but you do get your class specific recipe for that, as well as the cloak and title again. But you will not be able to repeat what dreams may come, so you will not be able to help alts/others make the shawl piece for your new (or old) class.
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Some of us are questers and completionists. The journey is more important than the destination, or in this case, the convenience of having multiple TS classes. I will ultimately go back to being a carpenter once I've gone through the 8 other classes. I have 4 left to go.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  11. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I changed profession before PoP expansion, so not sure what I could be missing if I did it later. The only thing I cannot get is my new professions Blessed Shawl recipe, and old one was taken away of course. I was able to do replacements, redid Pudding quest, I'm able to use my ponies and items as I did before, even shawl. I only cannot help folks with shawl recipe.