Lower gear better stats?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Nekre, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Nekre Active Member

So the PQ that recently released for the NOTD, is now dropping 100 items but with 10.4 ADC vs top raid gear with 4.5? This intended or does a dev not know what they doing?
  2. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

The latter is the most likely scenario :rolleyes:
    Priority likes this.
  3. DaimonosLucifer Active Member

i dunno, the level 90 helmet i recieved had like 62 attribute boost, over the 120+ raidgear has around there.
  4. Nekre Active Member

Lol, i dont care about raid gear at level 90. its the fact that level 100 gear has some better stats than 120...
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I was at 4235 Resolve in my raid gear, and I just dropped it a bit with some of the "Shadow" 170 Resolve jewelry from the Panda for the increased ABMod-to-DPS reforging and more POT. I sacrificed a little Resolve (also power and health), but I still have plenty to go all the way through Sol Eye (which I think needs something like 4138 Resolve on the last guy). I'm still experimenting a bit to see if I like the results. In nothing but raid gear I have way more Crit Bonus than I need, but I need more Fervor and CB Overcap, DPS, and Ability Doublecast.

It might not be so bad to convert the Ethereal belt back to a cloak and take the HH belt for the big Ability Doublecast, though again it would be an experiment because it will make the healers work harder in raid. If I get one, I'll try it and see.
  6. Nekre Active Member

Im not even talking about any of that sort. Its the fact that the cloak/belt/neck in the T9-10 loot is having WAY better ADC than 120 gear.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

But the trade-off is worse. There's not much Resolve, Potency, etc. on those lower-level items. The Horseman's Hallow belt has 4.5 Ability Doublecast, then when equipped the effect gives you another 7.5 Ability Doublecast, which is 12 Abillity Doublecast. Plus 15 Fervor, 15 Fervor OC, 9K+ Potency, and 200 Resolve.
  8. Nekre Active Member

Thats not the point tho. Why is lower gear having a higher stat than a 120 item...
    Scrappyz likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They combine stats in a way that when considered as a whole they're appropriate for their level.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

11. Nabu veteran infrequent poster

So general question - recently seen mage with reuse reforged to way over 3k. Then told that there is a buff from another toon (is it troub or illy??) that then boosts your potentcy off the reuse increase... Anyone know what this buff is??
  12. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Dirge AA ability Confront Fear - gives potency based on 70% of ability reuse. Not sure if there's another similar buff.