Nights of the Dead 2020 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I won't be around a lot, as it still is painful to sit for long, but I'm getting there! {crawls back in her pillow fort}
  3. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Does the PQ use standard PQ rules that basically make it to where only pet classes do damage? The PQ damage logic makes zero sense and needs to be looked at...
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Shanyn Member

I'm not sure if this has been noted already, but I was attempting to do the Haunted House in Qeynos, which I haven't done on this particular toon before but I have done on others many times over the years. Well, embarrassingly, I screwed up the dance lessons *blush* I knew partway through that I had been clicking SPIN instead of SWAY and blew it, so I turned to the ghost to restart the dance. She asked if I was ready, I said yes, the music started, but the skellies won't teach me any dancing. I let the song play all the way through and tried again, nada. I went and did some other things in the house and came back, tried again, nada.

I broke the Haunted House! *sniffle*
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

There are random, hard to duplicate timing issues with things like the dance, and the pots in the gobbie instance for Frostfell, etc.

Sometimes the best thing you can do is to zone out and start over.
  6. Chrol Developer

It's been looked at for this PQ.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Kasa did an awesome number of damage yesterday and she's a swash. I sucked (but I had a tank pet and was 4-boxing and launching stuff from all 4 chars on 2 computers not so close from one another so I have no clue what my real DPS would be as a pet class). Kasa should outparse me either way as she's better geared and probably plays better too.
  8. Clintsat Well-Known Member

That's awesome! Definitely makes this more exciting. Currently PQs are all about Defiler Dogs and Beastlords.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Because on those PQ's, auto-attack is the key and of course potency. Kasa is 180k and prob higher with temps and group buffs
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a PitA, but fortunately with the city Haunted Houses, the initial steps before then are pretty fast and relatively painless-ish. ;->

What I do with my dance steps is however I have to, I make sure they're in alphabetical order in a hotbar that's plain ol' 1 for Back, 2 for Down, 3 for Spin and 4 for Sway. Believe me, one entire sequence of messing it up had "burned" my fingers badly enough... Since then, I almost always get 100%, but I still hate that stupid thing, and I still wind up flashing a /rude at the Lady. >:-/

Uwk
    who had no clue about the picture book and shrine up in the attic (who buries bodies in an ATTIC instead of the basement [other than Ray Bradbury]...) for defeating the zombies on the first try, and died way too often against them... :oops:
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I had that problem with the hunted house in Qeynos and yes I always went outside dropped the quest and tried again

Could we please not get any more of those zombie heads from the grave digging I think I got a pile of over 40 in one of my backyards .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

no more mummy heads, and no more ancient desert urns. i couldn't even sell them away. i had to destroy probably 250 of them last year. pretty ridiculous.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the RNG is for those items; I'd actually like getting the collectibles more often (since there are SO MANY to get...), and a greater variety of chances for things. As it is, I'm just so chuffed that the blasted girl ghost isn't there any more (apologies to those devs who really liked her), I'll be pretty happy with whatever I get. :)

If nothing else, I guess mummy heads can be pyramided, like for a conqueror... "Gaze on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" ;->

(Or impaled on the ancient desert urns?)

Uwk
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

what about the fact that the pq seems to be crashing the whole nek forest zone? :(
  15. Chrol Developer

Code updated the settings for Nektulos yesterday to allow it to spin up new versions with fewer players, and to limit the number of players per zone.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I like the mummy heads. If you don't want them, Oowipha on Skyfire and Nejiara on Maj'Dul can use them.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Clintsat Well-Known Member

The PQ damage logic is still wonky. It's nothing like any content outside of a PQ. Basically, autoattack and manaburn are the only things that matter.
  18. Priority Well-Known Member

Pretty fantastic to be forced to push buttons for a reward but those buttons do nothing
  19. Nekre Active Member

Well i mean, considering anti life tops most parses in the PQ, thats also another one :)
  20. Kaitheel Developer

You are welcome to participate on Test and provide feedback. This is especially important for live event content, which is active on live servers for a short time. Otherwise, providing feedback after it is live, means it is feedback for the following year.

~ Kaitheel