Test Notes : Performance tweak Question

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarra, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Alarra Well-Known Member

Hey guys,
    Was wondering with regards to this update whether you meant logging to servers or logging to client?

PERFORMANCE
    • Disabled encounters from logging when they strike a player for more then half the players health in a single damage event.
    That would be like half of all encounters, and it would make it hard to track down why people are being hit by something so hard and what it is.
    Perhaps you may need to revisit this one.
    Zynt, Lateana, Sigrdrifa and 5 others like this.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

If this isn't going to be logged to the client anymore, then that's going to remove a major diagnostic tool players have to determine why their face is being eaten. If calculating and sending zillion digit number to the client is the issue, then hopefully at least a percentage will be sent down.

* Grand Moff Tarkin reduced the player's health by 87% using the ability No Longer Being Alive.
    Zynt, Lateana, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Knowing what is killing characters is a vital component to figuring out strats for mobs as well as debugging issues.
    If 'performance' is the primary motivating factor, reducing the logging of players outgoing damage would have a much larger benefit.
    Zynt, Lateana, Feldon and 2 others like this.
  4. Priority Well-Known Member

Sounds like a terrible fix. Now, not only will I not be able to react to massive hits, I won't even know what massive hit killed me
    Zynt, Lateana, Feldon and 1 other person like this.
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

On top of adding an entire new check that has to analyze player health at every incoming damage event to determine if it should send the information about the damage event.

I'm not a scientist, but this sounds useless
    Zynt, Lateana, Tkia and 1 other person like this.
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

oh dear...
    Zynt and Lateana like this.
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Okay so it's a note that should have been on the non player facing side that got copied over. It’s the internal wardlog. Wardlog was put in place when a fraction of hits would hit for over 50% of a players HP so it's collecting data more often than it needs to. It will not effect ACT.
    Alarra, Breanna, Kari and 3 others like this.