Problems accessing Plane of Magic

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Taiel Chaiser, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Taiel Chaiser New Member

Sorry to bother everyone here, but I have not been able to find the info on any of the other site through google searches.

So I recently have returned to EQ2 after being away for a while, and decided to upgrade my character from 70 to 100. After doing so, I attempted to access the Plane of Magic through a spire, and it tells me I do not meet the requirements for entry. I have looked on multiple wiki pages on multiple sites, and it states that you have to be level 100, and that it suggests (not required to my understanding) a minimum of 32k+ potency.

I also saw some info about being a minimum of a level 2 artisan, and I am a lvl 22 carpenter.

Does anyone know what I am missing? I was able to get through the mines and unlock the Zek heroics without issue, and just wanted to go start checking out Plane of Magic and working through that content.

Thank you for any assistance that you can provide.

Taiel Chaiser
    Monk - Bertox server
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

it looks like you have been away for more than two years and ten months (if you haven't confused up forum). now there are two variants: either you buy last expansion and enter pom (because for this you must have pop expansion, which will become available to you together with followeds after it cd and bol). or, which is not firm, you can wait because last time, before the launch of bol, they do discount for cd seems to be ~50% on cost (who knows, maybe they will again decide to make discount on current bol in two or three months)
    and you are sure that your server is bertox (bertoxxulous, right?)? (not even mentioned in history of eqii. here, is eqii and not eqi where your bertoxxulous)
    and what does this have to do with it?
  3. Taiel Chaiser New Member

Yea sorry Bertox was my EQ1 server... My Eq2 server is Halls of Fate. Yes I have been away for about 6 years.

I read about the artisan thing on an EQ2 Fandom Wiki (https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Planes_of_Prophecy_Timeline)
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Breanna likes this.
  5. Taiel Chaiser New Member

So is that not part of the All Access Pass?
  6. Celan Active Member

All Access, unfortunately, does not mean you get access to all expansion content. It means you'll be able to use all chat channels, the broker without buying special coins, quick travel and some other game features.

Anyone who wants to level up beyond lvl 100 and/or go to any zone belonging to an expansion that was introduced after Altar of Malice (Terrors of Thalumbra, Kunark Ascending, Plane of Prophecies, Chaos Descending and Blood of Luclin) must have either bought these expansions when they were current content or (as Ra said) buy the now current one, Blood of Luclin, which will give you access to all prior zones.
    Dude and Breanna like this.