Shamans and Bleedthrough

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Jibjib, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Exactly. Which would require hitpoints being in line with the size of wards so it wasn't wards or go home. Like they used to be before the itemization was changed to explode our potency and crit bonus pools.. and then added fervor.. while leaving our hitpoints in the (comparative) dust.
  2. Clintsat Well-Known Member

The other solution would be to just drop the value of wards to maybe a quarter of what they do now....or simply put a limit on characters where they cannot be warded for more than their max HP.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

That leads to the same problem we have no.. absolutely ZERO progression for healers.. better gear doesn't do a thing to improve your abilities.. and it also reinforces the 'your gear means nothing for keeping people alive, just their gear'.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

Or create a" heal potency" stat that only effects heals/wards and can be balance differently from potency.
    because increasing HP will still come back to same issue at some point, potency will be high enough to again make wards huge.

by having a healing only stat, u can control it more easily ?
    And also healers would feel stronger with more of that
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except the devs have 100% control over potency... it doesn't matter how big the potency and hit point numbers ARE. What matters is the ratio between them. Wards worked fine before potency went through the roof and health barely moved by comparison.
    Make that ratio sensible again, and they can get rid of all the crazy shenanigans (bleedthrough, hidden heal/ward caps, chaotic leech, guk strong, etc) they've implemented to try to 'fix' healing that only break it in different ways.
    Agarth and Dude like this.
  6. quisling Well-Known Member

The problem is NOT healer strength. Almost all healers are capable of meaningfully contributing. It is a matter of healing without some ridiculous surprise. "Oh, I had a ward up but they still died. Didn't use the ward, but they still died". That's just a ridiculous mechanic.
    "Oh, in this zone I'm perfectly capable of keeping up with incoming damage. Wow, in that zone for whatever reason, some of my heals do almost nothing".

Schizophrenic healing abilities are not fun by any stretch of the imagination.
    Lateana, Mermut and Sigrdrifa like this.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

whatever the ratios .. at some point .. with fervor, potency, crit, crit bonus and so on ... it's hard to balance damage spells and heal spells with same stat. Because mobs have way more HP than us. So that means healing ratios need to be real low (which may not be grat at low levels) and monitoring both is harder .... but they won't add another stat .. i know it .. just to me .. when u have 2 things separate, better have 2 separate stats .. it's way easier to monitor and control.

because right now .. seeing the ward size, nothing is control .. and BT and the BT debuff and other stuff added make healer's life a misery .. hard to kno how good your heals are sometimes till you're in fight.
    but no, they add effects and debuffs and other hidden effects and debuffs and so on ... it's way easier
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Again devs have control over all the numbers. Mobs have way more hps than players.. BECAUSE the devs have increased our cb/pot/fervor/etc so much.. so they gave the mobs way more hps to compensate.
    The number problems are 100% results of decisions the devs have made and continue to make.
    Agarth and Priority like this.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

do they ?

coz as clunky as it is and as they put so many bandaids ... i sometimes don't think so. If they had such good control, they wouldn't need debuffs in zones or on mobs.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Do you really think they have no control over potency, crit bonus, ability mod, etc that is on the gear? The buff packages on mobs that determine their resolve, hitpoints, etc?

Just because they're doing... odd... things to healing doesn't mean they have no control of the numbers.
    Clearly they DO have control of the numbers.. or there wouldn't be hidden caps, intentionally obfuscated healing debuffs, secret amounts of bleed through (since that information was REMOVED from logs), etc
    Agarth, Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  11. Priority Well-Known Member

They have plenty of control, just no unified direction that they want to take the game, and from what I hear, the mechanics guy doesn't talk to the content guys...

He sure as hell doesn't talk to the players or respond to any questions that actually require clarification
  12. Airwalker Member

I’ve never seen such a whackamole healing mechanic in any other game. Heck, even EQ1 has more stability in healing.
  13. randomplayer Member

I was gonna type a bunch of stuff but really, who cares? Nobody. And you have to just play the game like you are aware of the fact that nobody cares or else move on. I am not at the move on place yet but many have left the game at least from Skyfire. Stuff like this is part of the reason. It does not matter how attentive you are, or what you think you understand. There is just basically random stuff that makes no sense happening and there's really nothing you can do about it.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

let's agree to disagree ...Coz to me when u start to hide stuff ... it's actually not a sign of control. just my pov

Still I don't get why they make it so complicated, the more variables u add, the harder it is to have control over everything.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

Why do you think the devs hiding numbers (numbers they have more and more useful information on) is a sign of 'lack of control' over those numbers?
  16. Radi Member

I think that the problem is not only wards and BT. Just what is the logic of devs ?

1. We don't give you buffs and dps because the wards are too strong.
    2. We are destroying your wards because they are too strong.
    3. Buffs? Dps? No, just relax.

I've recently returned to this game and first dungeons showed that I should probably come back later.
    Sigrdrifa and Mermut like this.
  17. ladycrista New Member

DailyBroken hates shaman.. thats how i feel.. I never thought i would miss sony so much
    Radi likes this.
  18. Jibjib New Member

Has there been any talks about addressing shamans this upcoming xpac? The cool class mechanic is just totally gutted and worthless. It's really sad because playing a shaman used to be fun. Now it's just depressing.
    Radi likes this.
  19. Radi Member

I would like to finally stop being a test subject and just play and improve in my class.
    Lateana likes this.