EQ2 Census Down since 7:00am PDT

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Feldon, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Feldon Well-Known Member

Since 7:00am (10:00am EDT), the EQ2 Census service has been down.

https://census.daybreakgames.com/eq2/

We haven't heard any word on what's going on or when it will return. I've sent an e-mail to the Census support address but I don't know if it's monitored.
    Beee, WhysperWynde, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Dreamweaver said they're looking into it, on Discord.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

This is concerning.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Kotter Legendary Member

what does it do? measure server populations?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  5. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Q: What is Census (the Data API)?

A: Census is a public web service allowing Daybreak websites, third-party sites, and player-run fansites to access data about certain Daybreak games. Currently supported games are EverQuest II, Planetside 2, and DC Universe Online (FAQ entry from Dec '16).

Q: What data is available from EQ2 Census?

A: Static data includes Quests, Recipes, Items, Spells, Alternate Advancements, Achievements, Factions, Languages, Skills, Beastlord Warders, Collections, and Marketplace. Dynamic data includes Characters and Guilds. For instance you can determine which quests a character has completed, which achievements they've earned, and what items they have equipped.

Also, I believe @Dreamweaver confirmed the recent issue of characters disappearing from the login screen mentioned in the bug forums is related to the current issues with Census.
    Beee, WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

That's actually the one thing we have been strictly prohibited from doing.

EQ2 Census lets fans build websites like EQ2U Players, Dragons' Armory, and Roster Master.
    Kheldar, Beee and Breanna like this.
  7. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Breanna likes this.
  8. Melkior Well-Known Member

Nope. EQ2Wire uses the Census to provide that information. When the census is down, that data cannot be updated.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

Hamsters got a 4-day weekend. Can they go back to work please?
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

Is it still down? I saw updates on EQ2U yesterday for quests I completed on both Thurgadin and Test so I assumed it was running again.
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

Every time I've checked the website in the last 4 days, I get 404 not found.
  12. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I've checked with platform again, it should be fixed soon if it is not fixed already.
    Feldon and Breanna like this.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

Thank you for following up on this.

I am wondering if there is a firewall rule in effect of some kind? I show that 3,500 characters have been updated from Census on EQ2U in the last 4 days. I'm not sure how. Every time I try to load the site, I get:

This census.daybreakgames.com page can’t be found

No webpage was found for the web address: https://census.daybreakgames.com/s:eq2wire/eq2/

HTTP ERROR 404
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Lemilla Active Member

15. Feldon Well-Known Member

Thanks Lemilla.