Please give us more graphic options

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Aradar, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Aradar New Member

1: Please seperate wings and cloaks in options. At the moment you can only hide wings if you turn off "Render Cloaks" under "Character and animations"

2: Let us have an option to hide other players illusions, and shrink / growth effects. This really annoys me, since it often breaks immersion in the game.

3: An option to hide all familiars (including other players familiars), this would be very usefull in raids.

Basically, I don't want to see giant cats with wings in Qeynos, sorry...but I enjoy EQ2 without the crazy stuff, so please let me choose to do so.
    [IMG][IMG]
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

I agree. I've complained about this before as I've had people block access to crafting stations and NPCs with their huge illusions, pets, familiars, or whatevers. Just the other day a player blocked both work benches in Gorowyn between his/her character and pets. And I've had people stand their character on top of the banker and broker making them inaccessible. The ability to strip all characters, who enter a town or city, of all illusions, pets, etc., should be offered. Same goes for quest NPCs and craft stations outside of cities.
  3. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

agree with need for options "hide other players illusions" and "hide .. other players familiars)" if it will reduce load on processor. because i don't see any other reason for them, to add these options, other than to be able to reduce load on processor and/or video adapter, as well as reduce requirement for capacity of ram ..even if this is minor decrease.. though you can hide all your familiars/illusions. and if you don't want to see familiars/illusions of other players, don't play and do not communicate with those who don't hide them for you (this is only way to influence on situation). because dbg will do hardly according as about you write here. it's like telling them: "do whole world in this game not way you want it to be" and expect them to agree to it. even changing owners of this game is unlikely to change this.. i'm sorry, but there's nothing to be done about it.. take philosophical attitude to what is happening..
    and many others also complained (and i very much approve of what you write hier)
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

5. Aradar New Member

I forgot one thing, better options for spell effects.
    I mentioned this in the podcast thread, and I'm glad they talked about it on the podcast, but I would like to give an example here.

In EQ1 you can set spell effects to "My spells only" "Group spells" "My spells and NPC spells" "All spells" etc. So, personally I usually have it set for "My spells and NPC spells" (switching over to group spells if we are only duoing or trioing).
    Because of this option, that game looks much cleaner in combat compared to EQ2. You can set spells to 0, but you also lose a lot of animations by doing so. I usually have it set to 1, and even then it's a lot of spelleffects on the screen at the same time.
    One of these pictures is from a EQ1 raid, the other is from a full group. EQ2 picture is with a full group.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Benito and Obano like this.
  6. Obano Well-Known Member

NPC generated particle effects are the worst and you can't turn them off in EQ2. The amount of lag this causes is literally game breaking. The picture below is with all particle effects and spell effects turned OFF.

[IMG]
    Aradar likes this.
  7. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Geezus. Are you running a GeForce RTX 2080 for EQ1?

Those graphics look hella clean.

Max shader, shadows enabled, no bloom, low gamma?
  8. Aradar New Member

Good guess, yes I do have RTX 2080.
    Shadows enabled, but I usually only enable it when taking pictures (EQ1 shadows takes a good hit on FPS), max shader yes, bloom turned off. Not low gamma, but I play human race (no ultravision etc). With no vision enhancmenet, the game looks much better when it comes to it's colours.

I have an album I made when I was playing on Phingiel TLE server if you want to check out more.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/qbKhbDqcNYsm23NE9
    Benito likes this.
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

EQ1 really lights newer characters nicely.
    Breanna, Aradar and Benito like this.
  10. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

That is awesome. I haven’t seen EQ1 rendered in such quality. Nice richness and balance on the colors. Most of the time, it’s bland bright and boxy (fine for me).

I am hopeful for the day when mid-range builds will come with an affordable GeForce 2080. Someone was saying the upcoming 3080 will be $499 (maybe integrated though).
  11. Aradar New Member

The bland colours comes maninly from infravision / ultravision that most races have (exception is human, barbarian and erudite). A good gpu won't really make much difference to EQ1, it's more about options (turn off character light sources in eqini) and adjusting ingame graphic options.
    Benito likes this.
  12. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

An option to hide other people's pets (minus profession pets of course) would be fantastic...All those familiars, fluffs, pack ponies, etc would be off my screen.
    Breanna, Aradar and Tkia like this.
  13. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

can you do sonic vision more pleasing to eyes?
    (that is pseudo-ultrasound vision)
    better gray (optimally shades of gray) than yellow, because eyes get tired of bright monochromatic color. especially of yellow [IMG]
  14. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

well ..now as in this picture: [IMG] (more large- https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....158/653EBD05B00C3E1A13D046AA59FE3E299EDF7396/ ) or [IMG] (more large- https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....733/44E20404B5CA8F3877C7C6FC39521A33E627A4C3/ ) but that would be better: [IMG] (more large- https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....883/81E84312B1A89B3D77F0148FDCB242B98300AD9E/ ) or [IMG] (more large- https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....318/9EDF3DB828DCD525E12B808F0EB23456450DEE01/ )

to make it clearer - your favorite black-and-white film duration almost two hours, convert to yellow monochrome and watch at least an hour of time. and then say which picture is better?i just want my eyes to be less tired while playing
    grasp this please.. tired of looking at this yellowness :( in game for hours..