Returning to the game, needs a few tips.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by WhiteTk0, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I guarantee the mage group wants a troub.
    Nazy likes this.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Swash is definitely more desirable than brigand currently
  3. Nazy Well-Known Member

Swash seems to be in a bad spot currently, but let's not get off-topic.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

Nah swash is actually insanely good right now, not sure who told you they're bad
    Raff, Breanna, Nazy and 1 other person like this.
  5. Nein Member

What else have you learned in your exhaustive and complete playthrough of Norrath?
  6. Nazy Well-Known Member

That Ranger shoots arrows and Defiler takes forever to cast?
    I also learned that flying is half as exciting as I thought it would be.
  7. Nein Member

That was mostly sarcasm. More research required...
    Nazy likes this.
  8. Nazy Well-Known Member

More research on my part?
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

Swashy's are in a good spot right now last couple expansions I remember why I liked playing her.
    Raff and Dude like this.
  10. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

especially if he (her) is inexperienced and inattentive and several times clicks on buttons such as: mortal embrace, bloodletter, shadowy elusion
    haha
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Some of the advice in this thread is hilarious.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

So maybe you have some helpful tips that would be less hilarious?
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Raff Well-Known Member

If you are subbed and have control of your slider? Push it to 70% AA and start soloing on your Necro. More AA earlier makes for a more solid character. Slower leveling..perhaps. But a lot of that is negated by being able to fight yellow & orange mobs easily. And reds, it you watch yourself.

I didn't even need a merc until lvl 57 or so when I decided to solo (now molo) the heroics in the Temple of El Arad in the Sky. Everything was red to me but with an over abundance of AA for my level, that beast of a scout pet and Stamper? Was doing okay until the 3rd floor. Where every darn enemy is linked up there...it seems, lol.
    Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  14. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Welcome back.

Best advice I can offer any returning Vet: find a friendly, knowledgeable, and active guild. They can share advice on how to catch up, stat changes, class advantages, etc.
    Breanna, Raff and Hartsmith like this.