Conjuror/Necro Dumbfire Pet Balance

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Aniathorz, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Aniathorz New Member

Roaring flames is under performing in a huge way. Not only is it completely a useless cast in almost every circumstance in the entire game, but the counterpart necro ability, awaken grave, is highly efficient and makes summoners actually fun in an aoe based fight.The necro counterpart is roughly doing 10x the damage, which leads me to believe roaring flames is simply missing a 0. As we know TSO is a heavily aoe based expansion, with the likes of Gynok and and Ykesha, and the lack luster conjuror needs a buff to aoe at the very least. Would be nice if things were working as intended.

We did highly oriented aoe content tonight mass pulling trash in SoH, and I decided to cast roaring flames, the same way I would've if the ability was doing comparable damage to the counterpart necro ability. These were the results:
    Conjuror Roaring Flames
    [IMG]

and the Necro Awakened Grave

[IMG]

In synopsis, the conjuror roaring flames had a median hit of around 600, whereas necro awakened grave had a median hit of 7,000. I mean it's clearly missing a zero. Both the necromancer and the conjuror had similar stats.

The original revamp of dumbfire pets was to bring back to life class defining abilities. Summoners summon pets. Why is it that one of the summoners (conjuror, which also historically had the better pets) now have class defining abilities (pets) that aren't even worth casting.

Communion is another ability that is doing significantly less damage than it should be. It is barely worth casting, where upon original revamp, it was one of the best abilities in the game. The necromancer counterpart vampirism remains another top 5 source of damage for them.

As if this was just simply not fair enough, all other things considered, conjuror's also cannot lifeburn, nor were given any ability that comes close to even being considered a counterpart. Life burn is bar-none the highest damaging ability in the game, and conjuror counterpart dumbfires do 1/10th of what necro ones do. There is no balance here. Please and kindly take a look at conjuror vs necromancer dumbfire pets developers. The differences are quite obvious.This rationally cannot be working as intended.
    Beee, Jakath, Prasie and 3 others like this.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

They should take a gander at Plane Shift while they are at it. Last time I looked (several months ago), it was doing about 15% of the tooltip damage.

Feels bad to be a Conjuror.
  3. Prasie New Member

It's honestly pathetic how weak communion is since it's supposed to be such a class defining ability. A spell that used to do 10%+ of a conjurers zonewide parse now doing less than 1%. The only reason to even consider bringing a conj into a raid right now is because they bring the raid 3% raid wide potency and max health (which a necro does as well). Feels bad when just pressing crystal blast again is about as good as pressing communion.
  4. Aniathorz New Member

To be fair, I am sure there are plans for tso, sf, etc that are effecting balancing, but the disparity between the two summoners is a little ridiculous. Conj should at least have working temp pets. I don't think this is asking for very much. There are still a lot of people who want to play the class.
  5. Jakath New Member

Pyro had this issue on the previous TLE and it was brought up multiple times, but was never adjusted. Here's to hoping a Dev reads this thread and Conjuror's temp pets get appropriately tuned. Communion + pyro buff would hopefully bring enough viability to the class to make up for it's previous short falls compared to it's counterpart.
  6. GhostofRivervale New Member

There have been multiple requests for Caith, Kander or another developer to come into this TLE section. There hasn't been a class balance feedback forum ever to check/ ask for feedback on a few broken/unbalanced AA's in the four years TLE has been around now.(Dreamweaver: please bring this up.)

Conjuror's are easily 20-25% behind necro's on a zonewide. This gap gets worse in zones like Shard of Hate when even Berserker's are beating conj's in blue aoe right now because of broken abilities such as the aforementioned Roaring Flames. The Necro however, is at the top near the swash/wizard; because of their dumbfire's actually working. Just to make things worse, when you compare the utility between the two classes:

Necro:
    18% Max HP Buff (For Self or Others)
    18% Max Power Buff (Manaburn)
    Incoming Damage Debuff - 1.7%
    STR/INT/WIS Debuff
    100 Group Stamina/Int buff (The Intelligence portion doesn't stack with tyrant's pact, nor rune of thought but the stamina does)
    A Rez
    Unlimited Power
    3% Raidwide power/potency. 5% RW Accuracy
    Hearts
    Lifeburn

Coming Soon:
    More RW Pot/Power.
    More Stamina via Teachings
    Consumption Group Heal

Lifeburn is the single highest incoming damage in the game at the moment. As you can see it's doing actually more damage than Manaburn was doing on Fallen Gate when it got the nerf bat, when players are parsing roughly 30-40% lower this time around.

I just would like to know how a class that has all the above utility, hasn't had this ability nerfed. Yet a wizard who has ZERO utility got their burn ability nerfed. It just makes sense right.
    [IMG]

Conj has:
    Geotic Rune (400 mit to all, useless without the focus effect of +75% really)
    Shards
    3% Raidwide HP/Potency
    Summons (Available on marketplace/call of tinkerer)
    Flame Seeds (Do less than wizard flametongue)

Coming Soon:
    Runes of Geomancy
    Realistic Mitigation Values on Geotic Rune

I'm confused why Conj's don't do more damage in every situation just given the massive amounts of utility a necro has. Once we get into Sentinel's Fate and we have foci effects, elemental blast, and runes of geomancy the utility becomes a lot closer, and so does the damage. Why do we have to wait that long regardless? Testing on two tiers of Roaring Flames showed the ability has a -90% fervor regardless of the tier. I think the spell is just broken, or missing a zero as Aniathor suggests.
    Aniathorz likes this.
  7. Ratza Well-Known Member

Congy's get no love. I don't understand why this class is so neglected by the devs on this server.
    Beee likes this.
  8. Subtle New Member

I suspect the devs must be playing necros and are not bothered about conjies.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

This is not a TLE specific problem. Just a lot of things work worse at conjurers than on necros
  10. Aniathorz New Member

Theres a difference between feeling as though the class as a whole is "working worse" and mathematically pointing out two abilities that simply do not work what so ever, or do relevant damage for our level and tier. I don't know if roaring flames does 10x less damage than the equivalent awakened grave for necros on LIVE, but on TLE it is the case. And if it also is like this on live, why it hasn't been addressed by now is really beyond me.
  11. Aniathorz New Member

I really don't want to come off as a guy who doesn't understand how much work the developers have pushing the new live xpac, with limited resources and time. Fixing one small line of code may destroy thousands of other functions in the game. I'm not sure how simple changing the dmg value of Roaring flames and Communion to current tier would be, but it at one point in the game's history worked correctly. I just wanted to get the wheels turning for when some class balance, or even TLE class updates have time to happen.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  12. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

It's fair to point out things you think are issues, and not our job to manage what the devs have time to work on. However, I think the current "best practice" of reporting bugs is to post a thread in the bug section, if you haven't already.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?forums/bug-reports.342/
  13. Aniathorz New Member

Can you imagine, a world where I literally specifically point out the problem with necro dumbfire pets, 5 months before they buff them 3x of the dmg in the values listed here, and it goes ignored, and instead a completely unrelated base reuse AA is nerfed and enlisted as the balance issue. I honestly think I am getting trolled at this point.
  14. Kalika Well-Known Member

The main problem are the various necros hordes, especially awaken grave.

The damage it deals should probably be divided by 5 if one is moderate and 10 if one is an extremist.

Lifeburn damage should only be tuned down a bit, somewhere around -20%.

I hesitated to /feeback or even /bug about awaken grave or even blighted horde. I did not since i don't like calling for nerfs.

Anyway it is clear that they test nothing (you could easily simulate fights without even having people playing) the damage of necro dumbfire pets is so grotesque that it is clear that they just use randomness to adjust abilities.

Side note : Conjurers cannot resurrect, neither heal, cannot heal them self much, don't get mana from lich and they don't get rending. Obviously they should parse quite higher even if they bring stoneskins. And FD is quite more useful than call of the hero.

In a reasonable universe conjurers should do 1.15 what necro do.
    Kindread likes this.
  15. Nimbrithil Member

Well good news for conjis, take a look at the elemental blast changes. Another class defining ability that is now meh.