Nights of the Dead 2020 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, gods, yes, please??? It's been probably a decade or more since the silly cut-scenes were all the rage; we really, really, REALLY don't need them any more. Honest. :-/

Uwk
    who remembers the not-so-glorious times when, faced with a clugey system, my toons would be in real danger of death when the delay from the end of the cut-scene to the beginning of the "you're now back in the world, so you're fair game" actual fight did not take into account sluggish monitor displays (though one does get used to that; the instant the cursor changes in the blackness between, start swinging furiously and blindly) :-/
    Nazy, Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Question about the Headless Horseman PQ: does it replace the "got more bugs than the Amazon Rainforest" interminable, better-schedule-for-it-or-else Headless Horseman questline? :-/

Please say "yes"... :-/

Uwk
    who, if this is true, might actually consider trying it again...

P.S. Haven't tried the "Wake the Dead" quest yet again this year (will on the newbs ;->) but in anticipation: thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, devs, for getting rid of that blasted irritating hitchhiking ghost girl! :D
    Kaitheel and Breanna like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My 2 coppers: when you make the Orange and White Candles Ringed by Russet Leaves, the display in both Chat Channel and "overhead" announcements only indicate:

You created 2 [Orange].

and

You created 2 [White].

While I like the idea of being able to make a separate standalone citrus fruit (though I suppose the Orange Cue Ball would work for that ;->), it might puzzle folks to try to figure out what a "white" is... ;->

Uwk
    Kaitheel, Kasa and Breanna like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I made 2 of each of the Orange and White (default for the recipe per Treat), and while it is tough to see what's going on with the White flame, the Orange is much easier to see. Oddly, though, the flame on them also doesn't scale with size; one stays tiny, even with the largest size, and the other stays large commensurate with the largest size, but doesn't scale back down to tiny on the smallest size. :-/

Kasa said "White Candle Ringed by Russet Leaves: missing flame but has the effect"; which effect did you mean, Kasa? The glowing candle surrounding the flame, or is there a separate effect like with the Peppermint and Snowdrift Frostfell candles of maybe something like spraying autumn leaves? 'Cause I haven't seen anything like that, no matter the size or high up they're sitting. :-/

Uwk
    Kasa and Breanna like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

In the Realllly, Realllly Nitpicky Department:

On the Ghoulish Vials, I haven't made them yet, but just going by the view in the Dressing Room, is there any way to make the holes in the stand they're in a bit wider, and/or the rims of the vial openings smaller? Because as it is now, there's no way you're getting those "vials" (flasks, more like ;->) into that stand at all (unless the stand comes in length-wise halves, so you can unlatch it, place the flasks, then close it up again); the holes are too small. :-/

Other than that, they look really cool. :)

Uwk
  6. Kasa Well-Known Member

Thanks that a good question. What I see on my computer is the glowing candle effect surrounding the flame.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, got it. And drat; I was kind of hoping for like a blizzard of leaves or something, like we have of those peppermints or snowflakes from the other holiday candles. ;->

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, just to be clear, the only really new stuff, quest-wise, is the Overseer stuff and the Headless Horseman PQ? :)

Uwk
    Carynn and Breanna like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And let me just say, what with the new Macabre Witchcraft Ensemble Crate, THANK YOU for the head scarves in new clothing for everyone these days! Certainly solves the problem of the "disappearing hair"! :D

Of course, I'd peeked at it in the Dressing Room on my Erudite, so... ;->

But I'm sure it'll be popular! :)

Uwk
    Kaitheel, Kasa and Breanna like this.
  10. Kasa Well-Known Member

Uwk there are some new items from Wake The Dead Event (digging up graves)
    \aITEM -1141218032 313999938:Sanguine Witchcraft Hat\/a
    \aITEM -2073084521 -52547704:Sanguine Witchcraft Ensemble\/a
    \aITEM 1213388046 1775392999:Sanguine Witchcraft Cloak\/a
  11. Kaitheel Developer

They are all done on a case-by-case basis, as it all depends on the animation for that illusion model. If that model was not created with mount riding animations, then no. It can't be used while on a mount.

~ Kaitheel
  12. Kaitheel Developer

You are correct, the Public Quest and 5 overseer quests are new!

I'm so glad everyone has been appreciating how we've had brand new content added to every annual event this year!

~ Kaitheel
  13. Kaitheel Developer

1) Yeah, just like the other Shard of Hate lightposts.
    2 & 3) It was intended to be sunk in the ground a bit, due to the impossible to balance spiky end.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Breanna and Kasa like this.
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Thanks for wanting to get it checked out! The shaman isn't a female model, just all done up. And yeah, character gender doesn't make a difference on this costume.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Breanna and Kasa like this.
  15. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

i like to watch the cutscenes at least once per year. every time after that is...not paid attention to...an option to skip the, i dunno, 30th run through? would be swell. :) I remember when viewing any cutscene would leave my ui with hotbars that had been cut in half longways.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just love the crate of witch clothing it looks cool on my kerra , got to try it on, on all my races
  17. Kaitheel Developer

A change has been made to the art file for both candles in an attempt to resolve this, but due to art files being pushed to the servers differently, I am unsure when it will get to Test or live. It may be after the event is activated.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Oh! Thank you for alerting me of that! I'll get a fix in for both of those candles, the Iron Maiden of Nektropos, and the House of Midst Screaming Sconce. They all had the same issue.

~ Kaitheel
  19. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for listing these out, Whilhelmina! Very much appreciated.

Overseer so far:
    • Bite Club - Topi di Ombra (30 min, 0% bonus/5% mishap as usual)
    • Bite Club - Night Reapers (30 min 0%/5%). Reward: "Erling Three Toes" agent
    • Bite Club - Bonecrunchers (30 min 0%/5%). Reward: Petamorph wand: Bloody Tooth Skeleton
    • Bite Club - Sun Manes (30 min 0%/5% - uses the new lycanthropy trait). Reward: Dapper Charcoal Baby Dragon Clothwork
    • Bite Club - Wards of Dawn (probably 1h, I'll post again tomorrow)
    Cheers!
    ~Casdoe aka Jinksie
  20. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Until Niami returns, I am not sure where I can post the quest tracker for this year. If anyone has suggestions on a good central spot, I'll put it there if needed.