When can we expect a pvp server?

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by WhiteHulk, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Obano Well-Known Member

Why does the PvP server have to be a TLE server? Why not make it an end game, current content live server. Of course people can level lock if they want to. Here is the pitch on how Daybreak can make a tonn of money off of it. Allow transfers to and from the server. Want to turn off your pvp flag? Pay Daybreak $50 to transfer to another server. Want to PvP without leveling another new alt? Pay Daybreak $50 to transfer on the PvP server. There would be an endless stream of people bringing IoR geared characters over to the PvP server.
  2. Frostfang Member

That's a very interesting idea but I feel like that would remove a lot of the competitive edge from the server. Plus, progression servers are more popular than live servers. If pvp as a whole were more popular, I could see this as a viable alternative that exists alongside a TLE pvp server.
  3. Swerver New Member

Creating a live pvp server may be more work and harder to uphold as they would have to add all sorts of pvp elements into expansions and content that came out after pvp was taken out of live servers. I don't think returning pvp players (which is A LOT) would take interest in learning years worth of new features when they really only came back for the pvp aspect.
    Shuggleton likes this.
  4. WhiteHulk New Member

Swerver I Completely agree I do personally believe they need to make a pvp server back to where it never went past
    Sentinel's Fate i feel like if they stopped there for pvp it would be great and alot of people would play it again. idk how you guys feel about that.
  5. Nuada Active Member

Chains of Eternity lvl 95 is also good i got fights 6 vs 6 for 30-40 min - vs russia grp / Balance was Good it was more the best tactic wins, but all had full pvp armor, so all need that gear for a good Balance, and a nice tactic play style to win, it need no tle fixes only a way to get pvp gear and maybe over time new gear at the same lvl
  6. Thetmes Active Member

I would lock it in at TSO LV 80. Drop the old PvP armor back in that was available ( if they still have the data for it ) and call it good or leave it out as the heroic shard gear was pretty good for PvP and could get a 6 man group threw ROK Raids for Myths if you were on your toes. Also the raid gear from that exp while better than the heroic gear was not that much better in PvP and a well stacked and played 6 man in heroic gear could hold their own against a similar group in raid gear. Oh and stop AA at TSO tree and cap at 160 ( if I remember correctly that was the max at that point )
  7. Shuggleton New Member

I don't play PVP anymore, but I'd love to see a proper PVP server for players like you. But sadly like in most things today there is always a material motive attached to it - not because they love the game themselves but because of money. And to a point that's understandable if you just look at the costs these companies have to pay just to keep these games running so their employee's and developers can put food on the table.

But I mean let's be honest. Mainstream developers now don't really have a say in things, they are controlled by publishers and investors that just make games to just make Bank. The CEO's just look at the bottom line because they are invested in many other companies too. The only reason why we have Time Locked Servers is because they wanted to cash in on the idea of Classic WoW. Not really because we fans wanted it.

Cheers,
    Much Love from Canada :)
    Siren likes this.
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

All of this is correct except eq2 TLE came long before WoWs did. Wish people would understand that it isn't devs willfully putting out this content, it's the corporate overlords who do anything for a penny.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

Kind of, but not really. Yes TLEs came out before Blizzard made Classic Wow. However, Vanilla Private servers have been around for over a decade. Many of them had populations larger than any TLE has ever seen.

I agree blaming the devs for the choice of new TLE/ PVP servers (or lack there of) is not entirely fair. However, blaming them for poorly implementing said content is absolutely fair.
  10. Cuoco Member

While waiting, I've been having a blast open world pvping on WOW Classic PVP servers. Servers are always populated and you can always find pvp in contested areas. EQ2 pvp is more complex and entertaining but this is has been a good fix for me.
    Siren likes this.
  11. ailesh530 New Member

i be cool with this but i dont think they have the player base for it, i also be cool if they brought back online adventures from the dead lol that was fun. doubt that ever be back on ps ever again so
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think if there was no chance there will ever be another PvP server , they would have taken out this part of the forum
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

Ratster Today at 7:09 AM
    Any news on PvP? @dreamweaver

dreamweaver Today at 7:10 AM
    No.
    And there won't be any for a long time.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

Oddly, I was just on the Kaladim subchannel of Discord, and it was overrun with players asking for a PvP TL. Seriously! It's by far the most popular topic there from day to day. Caith was doing it alone the last couple times, no? He must be booked working on the new expansion.

I'm very disappointed, though, where Kander said last year around this time (when they were working on BoL) that "they weren't done with PvP yet," and that we might hear something in 2020 about it. :(
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Elskidorr Active Member

JChan spoke about PVP in an interview not long ago. EQ1 players have been asking about the same thing for awhile and they decided to have an ogre get together and rally up to show their numbers (online). I think a couple hundred showed up and Daybreak was watching but the number of people showing interest were not enough. Collect your forces and arrange a gathering on the deadest server and I bet you'll have their attention. Show them the $$ and maybe they'll bite.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

You must have a different Kaladim channel than I do. I see four people asking for PvP and annoying the people who want to talk about Kaladim on the Kaladim channel. That isn't exactly the same as being "overrun."
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

Every time I go, the first thing I do is ctrl+f twice then type in PvP to find the phrase. Then I scroll down to all the messages from the last day that mention it.

And what I see, even over the last year, is lots of people asking about it, and the same four anti-PvPers annoying all the people who want to talk about it by pretending they're mods when they're not.

Then Dreamweaver comes into the chat and yells at the annoying fake mods and says it's fine for the PvPers to post there. This happened just yesterday, in fact. :p

And all this, with practically the entire server of Nagafen banned off Discord. :D Imagine how many more PvP posters there would be otherwise.
  18. HighanDry New Member

I haven't been on the discord yet, but I hear you in regards to people getting angry when PvP is requested. Not sure why it rustles their jimmies so much? I've gotten rude responses on here in regards to asking when PvP will be coming back. Trust me there are plenty that would come back and play. PvP in Everquest 2 is simply not reproducible in any game. The infamy / fame system, the title system, the thrill at any moment while farming in a dungeon that a twink / gank squad could come in and ruin your night... simply amazing.
    Siren likes this.