"Haven Bound" Prelude event - Bugs and Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Prelude event "Haven Bound" is now active on Test!

Luclinites are determined to reclaim the ancient city deep in the heart of the moon, Fordel Midst, often referred to as Shadow Haven. It's a big undertaking and although they cannot yet use the Combine Spires to come to Norrath, there's nothing stopping us from helping them! Join G.L.E.E.S.H. (Guild of Luclin Enthusiasts and Experts Supplying Help) at Teren's Grasp in Kylong Plains, as they work tirelessly to provide the Luclinites with much needed physical and magical materials necessary for the reopening of the city. They're offering an extensive list of items in exchange for your assistance. There's something everyone can do, no matter how experienced!

Event Features:
    • In-game mail alerting the player of the event
    • 5 New Overseer quests
    • 5 New Tradeskill quests
    • 1 New Adventure quest (which unlocks event mobs in 5 overlands)
    • 1 New event achievement
    • New reward merchant, at Teren's Grasp in Kylong Plains, with 23 new items (includes 2 new mounts) and some returning items from previous prelude events
    This event content is currently set to activate on 9/22/20 on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread. This event will run in-game for quite some time, but please submit as much feedback as possible before 9/15 to ensure it is received in time for the event launch on 9/22/20.

I am so pleased to be able to get Test involved with this year's expansion prelude event before it is on live!

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

you spilled the beans on GLEESH yay
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

TS quests: you might want to hint somewhere in the text that the "solidified ethereal filament" is spawning in KP, I fumbled around a bit before accidentally stumbling upon one. Could we get some kind of chat message saying we got one? I'm used to having harvests show up in chat and I have troubles keeping track of them without messages.

Could it be possible to harvest those 3 at a time? We use 1 per combo and combo produces 2 items, so we need 3 filaments to make 6 items and that needs 2 gathering actions and leaves us with an extra filament. It would be easier to keep track if we could hit one node per quest to do (and would ease the strain on those on live)
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

All house items resize good and are working correct. The Petamorph Wand is working right. Love the plushies! :)
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

All the quests seem to work, update and reward correctly. I made sure to check for all 10 of the crafted recipes.
  6. Kasa Well-Known Member

Received the event achievement.
  7. Kasa Well-Known Member

8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Pricing: the returning "Arcanist's Hover Platform" mount is a ground mount and costs 50 marks.
    Seru Knight Thoroughbred is a new ground mount and costs 30 marks.
    Barded Praesertum Pegasus is a new flying mount and costs 50 marks.

Why isn't the Hover Platform costing 30 marks?
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Overland mobs are buggy.

In Antonica, I zoned, aggroed one, killed it and had no corpse to loot. Other spirits never aggroed. After zoning out and back in after a while, I got a mark loot.
    In CL, I aggroed the first one, killed it, looted a mark on its body, other spirits never aggroed. Same in Feerrott, SF and Bonemire.

Coins are body-dropped which I find a bit odd and prevents group-drop. Why not chest-dropped as usual?
  10. Kasa Well-Known Member

Finished the 5 Overseer quests encounter no problems.
  11. Xianthia Well-Known Member

solidified ethereal filament only go to 50 per stack - it's not really a bug, can you consider increasing the stack size?

Al'Kabor's Ring of Fused Ore is on the merchant, was used to see collection from last prelude. Is there a current use for it for this event?
  12. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The ones I've been able to aggro have dropped nothing for me. Only killed five after completing the quest. Should all be dropping currency?
  13. Roewane New Member

The tradeskill quests for this are selecting rare harvests first when the materials are selected for each combine. Can we please have the quests NOT select the rares first? It's hard enough to get rares without them disappearing while we do countless quests/combines for coins and faction. Thank you!

I also noticed that the materials reset back to rares after every combine when I was using the tradeskill tables in the guild hall, but it wasn't doing that in my crafting house. Once I set the materials to what I had a lot of in my house it stayed that way, at least as long as I didn't leave my house. Thank you for your time.
  14. Roewane New Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, I agree, that would be a useful distinction. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to prioritize the list of possible components. I can either make components usable or not usable.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

No, the drop rate is not 100%. But they do have a good chance of dropping them. First and foremost though, I have to see what's going on with them not being fightable after the first one.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna and Xianthia like this.
  17. Tkia Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with the agro - only 1 mob wants to play when I zone in, But the drop rate of the marks seems fine,
  18. Kaitheel Developer

I've been able to attend to all of the issues reported, so far. The following changes are on their way through QA, but I am unsure when they will be on Test. They should be included in update notes, when they do.
    • Tradeskill journal text now specifies where to find solidified ethereal filaments.
    • Gathering solidified ethereal filaments now has a corresponding chat message.
    • Solidified ethereal filaments stack up to 800 now.
    • Solidified ethereal filaments are now gathered three at a time.
    • The Not So Nice Yet Accurate Prophecies of Beckah Stormsong – The thrashing spirits found in the overlands after quest completion will now properly clear their temp values and allow you to fight one after another.
    • G.L.E.E.S.H. Marks now have a chance to drop in chests from the thrashing spirits.
    • Al'Kabor's Ring of Fused Ore was removed from the event merchant, as there is no use for it during this event.
    • The price of the Arcanist's Hover Platform has been reduced.
    This has been very productive! Thank you all!

~ Kaitheel
  19. Roewane New Member

There's no real use in having rares work for these recipes, is there? so just limit it to common harvests. I don't think anyone would have a complaint about it. I'd rather not use my rares by accident on something I'm grinding for coins and/or faction and the fact that the recipe materials keep reverting to the rares after every combine is getting annoying. Thanks.
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

You're the best!