New Player question !

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Zutch, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Zutch New Member

Hello everyone, First time posting here ! Hope you all are having a good day :).

I'm wondering how active and new player friendly EQ2 is ? i made a Templar because i love healing in other MMOs, i pretty much main healer in any MMO i try/play. and i feel like EQ2 has allot of depth to offer considering how old it is, but am afraid the journey is long and lonely, and i may be too late to the party, to catch up to 15 years of lore and levels and systems throughout the game.

I'm also worried it'll take so much time to level up to reach the current "end game".

Any tips or thoughts would be much appreciated !
  2. Nazy Well-Known Member

If you're worried about taking forever to get to endgame, start a lvl 100 character. Not the best advice because then you won't learn your class.
    To help you level, the Merc expansion will help, but if you're not willing to pay then find an active guild on your server. If you are on Skyfire, send me a tell and I can give you a helping hand! And don't worry, there are lots of new players.

You like healing? Want some DPS? Try out Warden, Fury, or Mystic. If you want to heal and tank, Pally is the way to go.

Welcome to Norrath!
    Triad and Breanna like this.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Welcome to Norrath!
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Hmm. If the end game is your goal, then you probably don't mind the idea of a little bit of investment to help things along. Getting a merc will help, and when you're higher level you will need the reforging feature unlocked.

If levelling up quickly whilst learning your class is what you're planning, maybe get a tank merc and run agnostic dungeons. They're good from lvl 20 to 96. The toughest part of levelling up is 96-100. It's plain sailing from there.

Playing a templar is probably more forgiving than most classes in terms of stats, and you'll be able to pull your weight in groups with less. But yeah, that bit from 96 to 100 will be a slog.

Join a guild and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Channeller has them all beat in all departments except buffs. Just saying.
  5. Nazy Well-Known Member

/agree
    Forgot about them. Not only do they get a cool pet, they get to shoot arrows! That beats everything! :p
    Triad likes this.