Not A Bug Conjuror spell Flameshield ix malfunction

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Teletrium, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Teletrium New Member

My Flameshield ix ancient spell does not produce the damage that is stated on the tool tip. This is whether I cast it on myself, pet, or another person. Any help with this would be appreciated. [IMG][IMG]
    Carynn, dogmiester, Beee and 6 others like this.
  2. Goezer Master of Crayons

Agree this spell isn't working as it should. Seems potency and other modifiers arent applying.
    Beee and Teletrium like this.
  3. semisus Does not play this game

Even worse with BOL launch the flameshield was changed to do attack on spells but was removed without reason

Update for BOL launch
    Flameshield IX will trigger damage to the target when casting hostile abilities.
    Beee and Teletrium like this.
  4. Goezer Master of Crayons

My fellow summoners, we need to raise our voices yet again (even though the forums are largely ignored by all but our CM) this spell is absolutely broke. During beta eas changed to trigger off any hostile ability cast, it never made it to live. Its still triggered by damage received. Secondly, its damage is laugbable and not even worth casting. On average it hits 2 million, doesn't crit, and doesn't state anywhere that it shouldn't. Its not getting boosted by ours nor recipients stats. Tag a like on brother Teletriums post. Let's get our voices heard.
  5. Caith Developer

Any creature that has combat mitigation is going to reduce the damage your spells do to them, and is not something that is unique to Flameshield. This is particularly noticeable on abilities that cannot crit, such as Flameshield (and Flamestrike) because when crit multipliers get added into the calculations on a hit for other abilities, those abilities no longer match the tooltip damage anyway.
    Breanna likes this.