Fixed Internally Turquoise adorns do not go back into set armor

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Phellen, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Phellen Member

Apparently not happening for everyone but I'm unable to apply the turquoise adornments back into the armor they are associated with. I tried with the armor in my bags and equipped and keep getting the message that non of the items equipped or in my bags support this adornment. Additionally when I examine the armor (SK Malicious set in this case) it shows only a white adornment slot.
    Carynn, A$terix, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  2. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

There was a bug that missed some of the items. It's being worked on.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

That's not the only problem with them. I logged in a 62 brigand and got spammed with 7 of the things, nothing below level 70. 3 of them appear to be linked to druid items sitting in my shared bank and 1 I couldn't trace the source item for at all. The remaining 3 appear to link to level 75 crafting items which that toon actually has on her. Great, she's a level 100 crafter. Except on trying to use any I get told she's too low level. Er, she's currently wearing one of those items so clearly she isn't!! So once again crafting stuff gated to adventure level. *sigh*

So I logged in a level 100 adventurer to check and yes, that crafting adorn is usable above level 75 adventurer, And that toon got spammed with TWENTY EIGHT of these stupid things! Including the 3 that the brigand already got for the 3 druid items in the shared bank ... I have 12 characters on this server, am I going to end up with 12 adornments per item in my shared bank? And 12 on both test and the eu server? I tend to keep a couple of bags full of this stuff in my shared bank, ready for toons that level up and can then use it. Can I have some bigger bank bags please?

There has to be a better way of doing this. Stick the things on a merchant for 0c with an 'in inventory' required flag on them. That way people who need or want them can go get them as required and the rest of us can ignore them. I pity anyone logging in with full bags and getting a couple of dozen of these things dumped into overflow. Devs really need to learn to give players choices instead of constantly ramming junk down everyone's throat.
    Finora, Juraiya and Daryx like this.
  4. Daryx Well-Known Member

I am having a hard time trying to see the value of doing this, since the adorns just go back on the items they came off of (when it is working). Is there a plan to put turquoise slots on a ton of items that don't have them now?

Another problem is we have a lot of the tradeskill jewelry in our guild bank. I looked at them, and now they have NOTHING. So I see if I remove one I get the adornment, only to have to put it back on?

Seriously, this looks to me like a huge waste of time on both dev and player sides if the adorns just go back where they came from. What am I missing here?
    Finora, Juraiya and Tkia like this.
  5. Kithal Member

Glad someone posted this. I got 19 of these things when logging in my main and had no idea what they were. And I have yet to find any piece of gear in my bank or inventory that even has one of these slots. At least if they were turned into white adorns I could use them, and/or shove them into a depot.

lol, edit, I was able to throw them into my personal adornment depot
    Juraiya and Daryx like this.
  6. Daryx Well-Known Member

I didn't think about sticking them in the depot since my first reaction was to track down and put them back where they belong.

And I found that apparently if you have duplicates in the shared bank, every character you log in on that account will get just one of the adorns for the duplicate (presuming they don't already have the item in their own bank/inventory somewhere).

But this still seems like a pointless mess.
  7. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

It's to further flood inventories, so pictures of overflowing bags throw Dreamweaver into shock.

Working as intended. ;)
    Juraiya, Daryx and Breanna like this.
  8. Kithal Member

Seems legit.

I have like 150 of these things in my depot now. I finally did track down where they should be, I think, but it's mostly things like Tenebrous Tangle class gear sets that I've had in house vaults for years. A few crafting gear items were also affected, as well as some Faydwer class armor pieces.And of course all my toons were given adorns for some extra Runnyeye gear that was sitting in my shared bank. o_O
  9. Daryx Well-Known Member

Yeah I can see how that would do that.

Maybe it's so people who are done with this expansion's content now have to spend their time logging in every. single. character. and going through a bunch of pointless adornments. That should take until the next expansion releases. At least it will for me, with more than one account and 100+ characters....

Staggering how no one considers implications.
    Juraiya and Tkia like this.
  10. Wazeau deLierre New Member

My sage's tradeskill level is higher than her adv level. It will not let me reapply the adorns to her tradeskill items that are higher level then her adv level.
    Juraiya likes this.
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

People, this is a bug thread. Could you please add a like to the first post so that it might get some attention?
    Juraiya, Breanna and Kithal like this.
  12. Kithal Member

Thanks for pointing this out... I wasn't aware, having recently returned to the game and the forums.

Well, I can't answer for the devs, but after gaining a few decades of programming experience I can speculate.

My guess is that it is far more efficient, code-wise, to check turquoise adornments to see if an armor set is equipped versus looping through every single piece of gear. Considering the number of adornments and slots for them, I suspect they have an efficient way of saying "give me a list of (color) adorns" -- and if there are no turquoise ones, then there's no need to check every single equipped item to see if it's part of a set. If there are turquoise adorns, they only need to check those few adornment item matches to see if the player has a set equipped.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

And the problem gets weirder.

I have a level 62 brigand/100 Carpenter on 3 different servers. On Halls of Fate and Test they simply cannot add a level 75 adornment back onto a level 75 crafting belt due to being too low level. On Thurgadin same character seemed to get it placed without argument. But when I looked closer the adornment that attached was listed as level 55 and I discovered the level 75 version still in her bag. I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention when it happened as I was just expecting the same results as the other servers so I have no idea how she ended up with 2 adornments of different levels for the same piece. The adornment in question is "Crafter's Tools of the Trade: Waist".
  14. Svenone Well-Known Member

Heh, if that is the goal I think that I could send him over the edge for a very, very long time! But I kinda like Dreamweaver, and don't really want to do that. My guild leader is even worse. I think she would send Dreamweaver to the looney bin!

I suppose I should add something relevant to the OPs post. I also received a few turquoise adorns in my overflow, and they puzzled me for a while as they looked so similar color-wise to the cyan adornments from the Panda. I finally figured out that they came out of some gear that I had tossed in the appearance wardrobe. Put them back on the gear that they came off of because I had no better place to put them.
    Juraiya likes this.
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I ended up crafting an adornment depot just to store all of them, because I didn't know where they were supposed to go. (And at the time, they hadn't yet added the turquoise slot to all of the items they were from.) I was getting several the same on each of my characters; I figured it was something in my shared inventory, but couldn't figure out what, since again, no turquoise slot in those items. Some, of course, different characters had that were unique to them; now I have over 50 uniquely different turquoise adorns in my new depot, and three of them I have 81 copies of. Because shared inventory. :p I seriously doubt I'll ever use any of those adornments, since I never got around to equipping the original equipment to begin with.

A guildie of mine assumed they were the same as the cyan adornments, at first, and was confused why they couldn't be placed in gear with those slots. They're too similar in color, but I guess they figure that they're kind of running out of colors. (We haven't had green yet, have we? And how about fuchsia? And brown? Indigo? Lime? Hot pink? Any of those would be less similar to precursors than cyan and turquoise are to one another.)
  16. Kithal Member

Ah, patch day...

I logged in and was given two more turquoise adornments. Switched to another character, there's another two. And every time I zone I get those same two adorns again. Every. Single. Time.

Please stop giving me these adorns :oops:
    Tyger likes this.
  17. Tkia Well-Known Member

And here I was hoping you were going to say a fix went in today and I could go attach my crafting adorns. Nope. Still too low level for the items I'm wearing :oops:
  18. Svenone Well-Known Member

I may not be legally color blind, but I can certainly be color challenged, and it would be even worse for people who actually suffer from the various types of color blindness. Keeping the adornment colors obviously different for most helps avoid the confusion.
    Here is a chart of the colors already used in adornments (and re-used in the case of Red):

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Adornments#Types_of_Adornments
    Juraiya likes this.
  19. A$terix Member

Is there any news on this? I couldn't find any mention of fixing the issue with requiring Adventure levels for a Tradeskill item.

I have a 34 Necro who is a 120 Sage. I would like my bonus's back but I don't want to level the character. She is perfectly happy at level 34.
    Juraiya and Tkia like this.