Fixed Internally Soren the Vindicator

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Juok, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Juok Member

This issue is highly annoying. My character Hypnonaughtyxx on Antonia Bayle successfully slew this boss and got credit for it in Guild Events but not on the character. I am being told by CS that I wasnt in range yet I was on hate list? How if I wasn't in range or on parse did I get Guild Event for it but not for my character to obtain the rune? I have spent many failed attempts at this boss totaling almost 3 days in real time to finally be part of a raid that succeeded. I want the reward that I earned granted but am being told I need to /bug the issue which I did and post here.
    EmJay, Carynn, Hypnonaughty and 6 others like this.
  2. Deadlyfocus Active Member

he was in our raid, suprised he didnt get the rune
  3. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

The problem is it was in a contested zone, unlike an instanced zone you can be anywhere in the zone and get updates. A contested zone though you need to be near the named, unfortunately some fights like this one where you run off to kill incoming adds before they get to close to the name, this could happen. Should CS just dump the rune in your bag sure and they have the ability to. Will they, probably not unfortunately...
  4. dorotea Well-Known Member

I don't see this as a CS issue. The encounter was designed to only give credit to players within a certain range and the character was outside the range. Either the encounter was poorly designed or it was working as intended and the player just didn't understand the rules for getting credit. Frustrating - I have had that happen to me also over the years.
  5. Stibbie Member

Its a customer service issue since it is creating alot of frustration for multiple players (customers). If the player is a part of the raid, has clearly attacked the mob and received credit for it in guild events the player should get the reward. It is not the players fault if the strat required means they have to leave the area of the name that gives credit to kill the add he spawns. If its not a specific bug to that fight then the encounter is very poorly designed and it should be changed.
  6. Hypnonaughty Member

I must say. The way this is designed as an encounter is horrid. Raid members further away from Soren than myself received the rune whereas I did not. The reply was an utter blow off of the issue at hand from Customer Service supervisor.. I wasted almost 3 days on 2 toons.for a total of 213 unsuccessful pulls of Soren the 213 being the successful unsuccess. I was politely told I would have to redo it. Why would anyone ever attempt this again knowing that you have a slim if any chance to get the runeyou earned when others who are further away get it? I encourage everyone to boycott Kael until the people who have successfully killed Soren as shown by in game Everquest 2 means are awarded thier rightful due. I have been a paying customer of 2 accounts since games inception and never not bought the highest expac available. To be treated as someone that has not been a dedicated player beta tester and consumer of Everquest 2 has me rethinking my choice of mmorpg after the blatent dismissal by Daybreak GM supervisor Emron.
  7. Blazen Active Member

Maybe post the parse where you earned this kill.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

If you can prove you were in the raid, you've gotten the guild achievement, then you should get the credit. This is the kind of nonsensical decision making that drives players out of the game. Someone higher up in the chain should have a sit down with Customer Service department and reposition their thinking.
  9. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce this issue on our end.

If you experience this type of issue again, please tell us the exact zone, world, time, character info (feel free to message me privately), and where you were in relation to the mob.
    Breanna likes this.