Not A Bug Everquest2.exe file problem

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Trushott, Aug 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trushott New Member

Just returned to game a few days ago on a new computer (Windows 10) Downloaded game, got into my old account and was playing just fine.

Today I go to log in through the launchpad and it comes up with an error message when trying to play, indicating that everquest2.exe cannot be found.

I checked and indeed the file was not there. I redownloaded, validated game assets on the launcher, confirmed this file was where it was supposed to be, and as soon as I hit play on the launcher everquest2.exe just disappears.

If I try to open everquest2.exe itself without the launcher I get a windows error message indicating "Windows cannot access the specified path....You may not have permission to access" and poof the file disappears from the folder.

Anyone experience a similar issue?
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Nuggetmachine Member

Check any anti-virus software, and/or Windows Defender. I'd recommend adding an exclusion to the EQ2 directory if this is the case.

There may have been some folks with similar issues if you search the forums for that error message.
    Tkia likes this.
  3. Trushott New Member

Thanks for the reply. From reading other threads I got the idea to run CCcleaner registry repair, fixed alot of issues, opened launcher again and the game opened just fine. But now all my characters are gone ! I had like 10 95's including my 95 ranger with all raid gear ! I do have a support ticket open but have not heard back on that yet.

The game is opening to a character creation screen, toggling deleted - active does nothing, it will let me create a new character, but none of my old characters are there ):

Note, server status shows all are up, so I think the reset already took place this morning
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hi Trushott, CS is going to be your best resolution for the new issues so I am going to resolve this thread.

Welcome back!
    Breanna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.