Game update notes today..

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rargo, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Benj Well-Known Member

I understand this as meaning "The drop rates for each shard are not the same, but the number of drop locations for each shard is the same". Am I correct? If so, this is not what we are asking for. The shards all have equal importance in completing the quest; thus, they should each have the same drop rate.
    Cassta likes this.
  2. Gninja Developer

Each shard should have 2 places in Heroic and 2 places in Raid that they drop. That means specific bosses. of the 2 heroic one is a lower drop rate and the other is higher but still not as common as raids. In raids a specific boss is set to 50% drop and another one is set to 100%. I'm not going into any more detail than that. If you are having trouble finding a specific one ask around for where they drop and try for one of the other places to get it.
    Breanna and Cassta like this.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

We raid once a week and we have enough done to maintain the debuff 100% of a fight

However, drop rates do seem a bit disproportionate. Of those in our guild who don't care to do the quest, every single person has a Status shard, and we've trashed at least a dozen of them. Those drop a lot.
    Cassta likes this.
  4. Gninja Developer

Ill take a look at the status shard and see if its hooked up in place of one of the others.

UPDATE: It looks like Lucid Shard of Status is indeed hooked up to 3 raid targets and 2 heroic so that shard has a higher drop rate, you are correct. I will put it on my list to make sure each one has 2 locations in heroic and 2 in raids at very least. Also keep in mind they drop in both normal and challenge versions of the zones so if you aren't doing both you might be missing potential drops of the others.
    Breanna, Cassta and Snikkety like this.
  5. Grumpy1 Member

i hate to say it but for something you literally spammed the crap out of the servers for and its only usefull for raiding? the word lame comes to mind. we raid family style, we do heroics daily and yet the drop rate is garbage but everyone had to see the message . oh and now they are sold as lootrights for millions of plats. after 15 years this game is getting more and more pay to win. your taking the fun out of it
    Mercychalice, Cassta and Giaur like this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

We're seeing drop rates for both Status and Contempt as disproportionally higher than anything else going down. We run heroics several times a week and if it's a shard dropping it's usually one of these. Rarely is it something else. If there's a "harder boss" in heroics, I'm not sure where it's hiding, because we've killed everything numerous times over.

As far as raiding goes, I'm less concerned about what's "supposed" to happen and what actually does happen. Raiding has its own difficulties and the incessant lag issues we see in zones aren't exactly helping. It's part of the same issue where another thread is going about "log in issues." The response has been "we can't replicate it."

I'm not pointing fingers, nor is anyone getting dissed here, but both sides of the table completely understand the issues this game is suffering from: spaghetti code, "it's EQ2" etc. In other words, as devs, you can design and have a plan that looks great on paper. Unfortunately, it's a crap shoot whether is works as intended or goes belly up once implemented. Even fixes don't always work. The bottom line remains the same: if these items are expected to be used for raiding in next xpac, and things continue the same, you'll probably have a lot less raiders in the next xpac based on what's occurring right now.

Again, this game has a well demonstrated mind of its own. Given that mechanic or "ghost in the machine," maybe it's time we all come to an agreement that, while its important to have a plan, it's equally important to consider when the "plan" ain't working and adjustments may need to be considered. Or paraphrased from the movie Jurassic Park, "...the illusion is you think you had control."

I'd be curious to actually hear who HAS completed this quest in the raiding guilds out there. I heard one person has done it and that was a while back and he was running relentlessly for weeks. Let's get a yardstick measurement of who else against the entire raiding population actively pursuing this achievement has completed it. To me, that's the litmus test of working as intended or not, neh?
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The stuff drops in Heroic instances also.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Me, too! I have 7 shards, about half from Heroics and the rest from Raids. I have yet to even SEE Flora, Haze, or Summoning, which are the there I still need.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Gninja, looking at EQ2U's crowdsourced drop locations (which should be being collected via an ACT plugin), the drops are as follows. Does this jibe with what you expected?

• Lucid Shard of Anger
      • Famyra the Biblioghost in Fordel Midst: Wayward Manor [Heroic]
      • Arch Nemesis Rhag'Nazza in Wracklands: Venom of Ssraeshza [Event Heroic]
      • a nemesis serpent in The Venom of Ssraeshza [Event Heroic]
      • Luminary Percontorius Felvin in Sanctus Seru: The Fading Arches [Raid] or Sanctus Seru: The Fading Arches [Challenge Raid]
      • Berenz, the Shattered Blades in Wracklands: The Crimson Barrens [Raid]
      • Berenz, Blades of Legend in Wracklands: The Crimson Barrens [Challenge Raid]
    • Lucid Shard of Contempt
      • Shadowed Abomination in Aurelian Coast: Maiden's Eye [Heroic]
      • Tog Voil in Fordel Midst: Wayward Manor [Heroic]
      • Enraged Shik'Nar Imperiatrix in The Blinding: Twisted Vista [Challenge Raid]
      • Shik'Nar Imperiatrix in The Blinding: Twisted Vista [Raid] and The Blinding: Twisted Vista [Challenge Raid]
      • Vestigial Broker in Fordel Midst: Remembrance [Raid]
      • Vestigial Poltergeist in Fordel Midst: Remembrance [Challenge Raid]
    • Lucid Shard of Dawn
      • Mrokor, the Smartist in Aurelian Coast: Sambata Village [Heroic]
      • Enraged Rockhopper Pouncer in The Blinding: Twisted Vista [Challenge Raid]
      • Rockhopper Pouncer in The Blinding: Twisted Vista [Raid]
      • The Sambata Champion in Aurelian Coast: The Emergent Eclipse [Raid] and Aurelian Coast: The Emergent Eclipse [Challenge Raid]
      • The Sambata Mutant in Aurelian Coast: The Emergent Eclipse [Challenge Raid]
    • Lucid Shard of Energy
      • Dichromanus in Sanctus Seru: Echelon of Order [Heroic]
      • Mandee Quinn or Mannee Quin in Fordel Midst: Bizarre Bazaar [Heroic]
      • Nhekrin in Fordel Midst: Remembrance [Raid] or Fordel Midst: Remembrance [Challenge Raid]
      • Nhekrin, Dual Master in Fordel Midst: Remembrance [Challenge Raid]
      • The Stonegrabber Colossus in Aurelian Coast: The Emergent Eclipse [Raid] or Aurelian Coast: The Emergent Eclipse [Challenge Raid]
    • Lucid Shard of Flora
      • The Deadly Dapperling in Fordel Midst: Wayward Manor [Heroic]
      • Ropscion Mindeye in Aurelian Coast: Reishi Rumble [Heroic]
      • Portabellius Shrieker in Fordel Midst: Remembrance [Raid] or Fordel Midst: Remembrance [Challenge Raid]
      • Roris Lacea in Wracklands: The Crimson Barrens [Raid] or Wracklands: The Crimson Barrens [Challenge Raid]
    • Lucid Shard of Haze
      • Regu in Wracklands: The Crimson Barrens [Raid]
      • Scrawl in Wracklands: The Crimson Barrens [Raid]
      • Scrawl, Tremor of the Deep in Wracklands: The Crimson Barrens [Challenge Raid]
      • Uger the Shadowed in Wracklands: The Crimson Barrens [Challenge Raid]
    • Lucid Shard of Mind
      • a Crys Kela'Thall in The Vault of Ssraeshza [Heroic]
      • Nev Dax'Thall in The Vault of Ssraeshza [Solo] or The Vault of Ssraeshza [Heroic]
      • The Shadow Overlord in Aurelian Coast: Maiden's Eye [Heroic]
      • Thought Horror Aberration in The Blinding: Twisted Vista [Challenge Raid]
      • Thought Horror Overfiend in The Blinding: Twisted Vista [Raid]
      • Dark Xius Lord in Aurelian Coast: The Emergent Eclipse [Challenge Raid]
      • Xi Xia Xius in Aurelian Coast: The Emergent Eclipse [Challenge Raid]
    • Lucid Shard of Status
      • Bazaar Baron Brixwald in Fordel Midst: Bizarre Bazaar [Heroic]
      • Lady Warglave in Sanctus Seru: Echelon of Order [Solo] or Sanctus Seru: Echelon of Order [Heroic]
      • Praetorian K'Tikrn in The Blinding: Twisted Vista [Raid] or The Blinding: Twisted Vista [Challenge Raid]
      • Palomidiar Allakhaji in Fordel Midst: Remembrance [Raid]
      • Remnant Ferahhal in Ssraeshza's Hallowed Halls [Raid] or Ssraeshza's Hallowed Halls [Challenge Raid]
    • Lucid Shard of Summoning
      • Eom Va Liako Vess in Aurelian Coast: The Emergent Eclipse [Challenge Raid]
      • Kor Va Xian in The Ruins of Ssraeshza [Heroic]
      • Raizyl Pajdu in Sanctus Seru: Echelon of Order [Heroic]
      • Pli Va Liako Vess in Aurelian Coast: The Emergent Eclipse [Raid] and Aurelian Coast: The Emergent Eclipse [Challenge Raid]
      • Deactivated Blood of Ssraeshza in Ssraeshza's Hallowed Halls [Raid]
      • Mindless Blood of Ssraeshza in Ssraeshza's Hallowed Halls [Challenge Raid]
    • Lucid Shard of Time
      • Rath'Argoth in The Ruins of Ssraeshza [Heroic]
      • Sanctus Eternus in Sanctus Seru: Arx Aeturnus [Solo] or Sanctus Seru: Arx Aeturnus [Event Heroic]
      • Embodiment of Death or Embodiment of Life in Sanctus Seru: Arx Aeturnus [Event Heroic]
      • Luminary Cohortis Emon in Sanctus Seru: The Fading Arches [Raid] or Sanctus Seru: The Fading Arches [Challenge Raid]
      • Luminary Hertu Asundri in Sanctus Seru: The Fading Arches [Raid] or Sanctus Seru: The Fading Arches [Challenge Raid]
  10. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I have, plus about 10 of my guildies. Those in our guild who haven't finished it are nearly done.

Flora drops from the flower in barrens and the mushroom in remembrance. Haze drops from Scrawl and 3 Tegi, Summoning drops from last boss in Emergent Eclipse and from Blood of Ssra in Halls. All pretty reliable drops.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Reliable for some apparently. We're run those instances numerous times. I don't recall seeing a shard but once from Flora, once from Shai'Halud (scrawl), can't speak to seeing it in Emergent Sclipse or Blood of Ssra. Interesting that you're seeing it frequently and we are not.

We're raiding tonight. Think I'll post a note on forums asking everyone to post what shards they have. Might be interesting data.
    Hiza and Sigrdrifa like this.
  12. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Just to be clear, Flora only drops from 2 raid mobs, your post seems like maybe you misread mine. We raided today, 6 mobs, 6 shards.
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

LOL..just to be clear, I didn't. We've run those same zones you list and have NEVER, I repeat, NEVER had 6 bosses, 6 shards drop. EVER. So using the word "reliably" as I indicated applies only to some raiders apparently. If we're raiding same content and same bosses, we should see similar results. Clearly, we don't and that speaks volumes. Hell, our main raid tank who runs the zones (raid and heroic and experts) has ONE frickin' shard since this started. This guy is a solid player and yet, here he is as of today with ONE shard. This is the CORE problem.
    Hiza likes this.
  14. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

That sounds wrong. Especially as some of those shards are 100% drop chance, Gninja said so himself.
  15. Shimizu New Member

What really has me confused about this is that they are selling scepter/adorn for the marks of twilight - the solo currency. Solo players have no way whatsoever to complete these quests or even start these quests. I do heroics from time to time but apparently this thing is super rare. I am not disputing what ya'll are saying 'if you don't raid you don't need it' - the adorn would be useful for me as a non-raider only-occasionaly-heroicer, and I certainly have marks of twilight by the thousands, but it seems putting this on that vendor with the "ha, you need to do the quest!" requirement is nothing short of a tease showing me what I'll never get.

And I guess I'm confused 'cause if you do the quest, you get the reward anyway...right?
    So why would you need to buy it? *scratches head*
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Because in theory you can get the shards via Heroics, which also reward Marks of Twilight.
    Gninja likes this.
  17. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

This is more than just an isolated problem, we are running into the same issue. We regularly have teams farming the heroics, experts, raids and challenge raids and not one member has yet to complete the quest. We have the spreadsheet, we know what and where they drop, but they don't. I am not looking for 100% drop, but cut us some slack. This drop rate should have never been RNG. They should be moved to the weekly quests and allow us to pick the shards we need. This endless farming is just that, endless and monotonous.

Or turn them over to the merchant to buy with these endless supply of twilight coins.
    Argosunited, Bhayar and Geroblue like this.
  18. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, I'm speaking from our experience and the 100% drop rate is pure fantasy. It's not happening and I don't care who you are, to think that's the case is wishful thinking when people are reporting that what IS happening. As I've said in this thread, there's a large gap between what's supposed to be happening and what is happening and the sooner everyone gets on board with that, the quicker we will come to a work around.
    Argosunited likes this.
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I had to laugh. "in theory" the RNG is working perfectly and hard work and running things diligently rewards you. Everyone has an equal chance to get everything in game. Morpheus, I'll take the blue pill now, thank you.
    Argosunited, Hiza and Dude like this.
  20. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Flora can drop from first named in Manor. Find a duo partner and just keep killing that one every 90 minutes :p