Fixed Internally [BUG] Stonehand in Wracklands.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kuulei, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I logged in to do overland solo weeklies. Upon entering Wracklands, I was the only person in the zone and proceeded to kill all the named to finish weekly and to get achievement. The only name that has eluded me is Stonehand who spawns around /waypoint 783.11, 86.23, 593.94
    I have been waiting over an hour now to see this named to complete my achievement and I think he has taken an unauthorized leave of absence! o_O
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Foiwom and Zatri are now clearing named that have respawned since I have been here in Wracklands right now and still Stonehand has yet to spawn and it's been over 90 minutes now. (zoned into Wracklands and checked for Stonehand first (at 09:52 pacific) then proceeded to kill remainder of named for weekly and achievement and STILL no spawn of Stonehand has spawned and it's now 11:32 pacific making him a no show for an hour and 40 minutes.
  3. Kashue Member

Have you tried chanting "Gorignak" "Gorignak" over and over again? It may be just sleeping. ;)

"It's a rock, it doesn't have any vulnerable spots!" - Jason Nesmith (Galaxy Quest)
    Zynt and Zeddicious like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm not convinced that the spawns are timer based. I think it's based on respawns of other monsters of that type in the zone. You want the named boar, kill all the Diaku warboars. You want Smiley, kill rockhoppers. You want the named cheeta, kill cheetas. Etc.
    AOE1 and Breanna like this.
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

We ll it finally showed up. I left after 1hr 40 mins and headed to the coast to do weekly / achievements and anf 90 minutes later, I headed back to Wracklands, where he was waiting for me.
    I am just thinking his spawn timer is a lot longer than the other named. like 2+ hours.
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Having to fight for named on Majdul, I am pretty sure timers are 30-45 minutes from last kill. I have seen a named killed and promptly sat at it's spawn point to wait for the next spawn and 30 minutes seems about right. No one around killing mobs. Wracklands is the worse on Maj`dul for the achievements and weeklies, mostly due to the fact that having more than one instance up is very rare. I have popped into Wracklands on Maj`dul to find 6 in the zone and all the named camped. I just politely ask if I may join them for an update and most are accommodating. No one is around killing cheetah, boars, etc. They seem to be on a timer.

I do believe once you have killed a named, you can't see that named for 2 hours. This mechanic was implemented in AoM to prevent players from simply sitting on a spawn point indefinitely.

Besides, this was on Test Server and as the only person in the zone, ALL of the named were up EXCEPT the elusive Stonehand, without having to kill a single mob.
    Prox likes this.
  7. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

They're definitely timer based. Usually half hour to 45 minutes. Come Thursdays, every single one of them will be camped out waiting on their arrivals, too.
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

It was finally figured out that Cobblerock in the blinding and Stonehand in wracklands seem to share timers. If you kill Cobblerock in the blinding then try to do wrackland names, you cannot see Stonehand until the two-hour timer is up. Same with starting with Stonehand, you won't be able to see Cobblerock for 2 hours.
  9. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I have waited for a spawn for well over an hours and not killed that spawn for a week only to have someone fly up and invite me and kill what I could not even see. So that cannot see it for 2 hours after you kill it is bunk. You can NOT have killed it for a week and it still doesn't show up to you when it spawns. Happened more than once. I think that is just another unfixed bug.
  10. MysticRider New Member

yikes! i hope they get that fixed!!
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Which is an excellent practice, I mean seriously, people, if someone is standing there, at least TRY to invite them before killing the overland name, they probably are needing it for the weekly quest!
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

To reword what Kuulei said, since you're not the only one misunderstanding --

We've found that the bug/issue is that if you kill Clobberrock in Blinding, you cannot see it AND you cannot see Stonehand in AC for the 2 hour visibility timer. The reverse is also true - kill Stonehand, and you cannot see Clobberrock for 2 hours since they mistakenly share a visibility timer.

We've tested this to verify it and these are the only two sharing the visibility flag. All the other overland named in the 3 zones have individual visibility timers, as they should.

The mob WILL be up sooner than that, you simply will not be able to see it because of your personal 2-hour visibility timer for those two. This is why folks who can see it can group with you and you still won't be able to see it if you killed EITHER one of the pair (but you will get the kill credit anyway)
    Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  13. Keelyrayne New Member

I always try to offer to group with those flying by to check a camp, on Maj, if I am already parked, may be worth it for everyone to start doing that! These camps suck! Lol
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Mizery New Member

I dunno about that "killing cobblerrock guy you have to wait till stonhand spawns" thing.
    What I have noticed is that if you stand directly on the spawn point of a mob it will not be visible. As if it spanws under the floor. Try standing just to the sides of the named spawn point.. or occasionally run around the named spawn point. Works for me. Happens as well with the rock guy for BB in AC. Goodluck
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

This is not the issue here. We've tested it repeatedly**, we've verified it - including using 1 character that has killed the other, and one that has not. We know with certainty that this specific tie between Clobberock and Stonehand is an issue. It isn't an issue with it spawning, but with the hidden flag that doesn't let you see an overland named for 2 hours after the last time you killed it.

If you kill either of them, you get the flag that prevents you from seeing both of them for those 2 hours. They will spawn more frequently than that -- others can see them, but you, personally, will not be able to because if thinks you've recently killed it. This is a relatively new mechanic that was put in to allow for a short-ish spawn timer while preventing the same character from killing it every single time it spawns.

We've even grouped the one that can't see it due to the bugged shared flag, and one that can clearly see it, and killed it. The person who "can't see it" literally cannot see it, cannot assist target, etc, while the other one can see it and kill it. It isn't a positioning issue at all, but that flag.

It is, simply, a copy/paste error when coding those two elementals, and forgetting to change the visibility flag to something unique.

(**On the Test server, it is often pretty easy for us to know what's been killed by whom, because there aren't a lot of us on at any given time, and only a few of us are in BoL content. By cooperating, we've managed to verify, reverify, time it, etc Now we're just waiting for the thread in the main bug forum to be acted upon. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/stonehand-spawn-visibility-issue.595615/)
    Xianthia and Breanna like this.