Fixed Internally Feedback Loop - not working

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by RedBB, Aug 11, 2020.

1. RedBB Active Member

Feedback loop has ceased functioning with today's patch. The proc is no long applying to outgoing spells on any mob.
    Jrox, Evguenil62, Finnya and 14 others like this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

yes i see it too (or rather, i dont see feedback in the logs anymore)
  3. Twisty Well-Known Member

can confirm, Feedback Loop does no damage.

with 99% probability linked to the fact that it no longer shows up in "Maintained Spells" - only in "Spell Effects" window
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

i put in a /bug
    i suggest everyone do that
  5. Zule Member

I re-reading update notes trying to figure out which recent change could be logically connected to this new bug. But Im clueless. Its disturbing.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Upvote the top post in this thread. High-interest threads get dev attention.
    Bludd likes this.
  7. Kelowna New Member

Be nice if this got fixed soon, Gonna affect raids.
  8. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

I liked the OP and there is already a lot of folks asking about this on Discord - a hotfix to fix things unintentionally broken on a patch day would be nice. I hope we don't have to wait 2 weeks for this to be fixed.
    Finnya likes this.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That's how it's supposed to work, but I guess the question, "whose interest drives dev attention?" Let's point out that missing recipes like grasping bones (and others) which was originally posted in JANUARY and has pages upon pages running has gotten zero attention, much less a shred of acknowledgment from anyone at DPG. So clearly, if there are supposed to be guidelines on this...someone didn't get, much less read the email, haha.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Well, yeah. But squeaky wheels and all that. They don't look at the length of the thread, but the Likes on the to post.

In any dev team, bugs are triaged more or less like so:

(1) Bugs that cause data loss or corruption - IMMEDIATE
    (2) Bugs that crash the software - IMMEDIATE
    (3) Bugs that adversely affect normal software use - medium importance
    (4) Cosmetic bugs, bugs in little used content etc - low importance
    (5) Suggestions for improvement and feature request - lowest priority

The exception are the really trivial fixes like typos, because they generally don't take a lot of effort and if a dev is stalled out waiting on a deliverable from someone else, then it's common to fix the little stuff. Surprisingly, when you survey users, a lot of times some really trivial stuff equates to high customer satisfaction, so a lot of companies do squeeze in the quick ones when they can. And some things don't get fixed because they can't reproduce the problem, and if you can't make it happen there's no way to debug it.

Missing recipes... well, there's no dedicated tradeskill dev.

I'm guessing that a lot of mad raiders are waving torches and pitchforks over Feedback Loop. They did something in the last patch that broke it.
    Finnya likes this.
  11. Corran Member

KanderToday at 7:33 PM
    Officially, yes, it broke with the last patch, it is currently being fixed. If the fix comes, it will be with the GU.
  12. Corran Member

so .. 2 weeks .. not really acceptable .. but hey
    Finnya likes this.
  13. Bludd Well-Known Member

its not the end of the world but annoying that an undocumented change stops a big hitter from working - will be nice to have it back for the new zones, i guess we will need the deeps
  14. Bhayar Well-Known Member

When you have a thread that started in January and has pages of comments, that's about as squeaky a wheel as you should have to encounter--ever. And sorry, I'm not buying the excuse that there's not a dedicated dev any more. This isn't asking a dev to design an algorithm for a moon launch, for crying out loud. It's a recipe to add to spell book. That's like pulling into a service station and asking someone to change out a burnt out bulb and being told, our mechanic isn't in at the moment.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  15. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

I can confirm that too most of my Tanks are Etheralist and one reason to use this ASC was Feedback becuase of the massive DPS you can do with useing this on a fastcaster.

ATM since last patch it does Zero DPS its not listed in ACT anyway, this is a huge lack of DPS in all Zones especialy in all Raids because Etheralist is one of the most played ASC classes.

pls fix this fast.

Hellfiren
    Finnya likes this.
  16. Ratalthor Developer

This will be fixed in the upcoming patch.
    Bludd, Hiza, Evguenil62 and 2 others like this.
  17. Finnya New Member

Why is this labeled as "fixed"? It's not.
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

its fixed on test and will come on live this tuesday (with GU)
    Breanna and Jrox like this.