Population effecting game play

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Deadlyfocus, May 27, 2020.

1. Deadlyfocus Active Member

Dear devs,
    I am sure you are aware of population issue, partially at AB server, not having enough players to get together for a heroic dungeons becoming overwhelmingly heavy on game play over all, and I am sure some other servers experience similar issues time to time. I am a return player and like to support game I always liked, and would like to continue to support appreciating amazing work you have been doing over so many years, I grow up with you building and myself playing this game since I been with you from the start. If there is a chance for you to merge servers or think of the way to repopulate for more enjoyable gameplay i would greatly appreciate it .

Sincerely,
    Sasha
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

since no one here has answered anything yet: Sasha, they (dbg) have been afore doing something similar this for long time (https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...hat-is-the-EverQuest-II-server-merge-history-). and perhaps they could not avoid thinking about it. as for AB, then how many don't populate it with players from other servers; for most part, they scurry to other servers. this is such, relatively new tradition. and, seems nothing prevents you from choosing server, where population is umpteen than on AB. for AB, a comparatively low population isn't problem, but rather an advantage..
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Wow this is interesting Ra'Gruzgob
    The problem with those mergers of Stormhold and Fallen Gate is , those were TLE servers
    After those servers where shut down people were granted a token to move onto any server they chose to and only people that did not go elsewhere ended up on AB , plus all the guilds .
    Because the playing dynamic is different on TLE servers there is a particular crowd playing there , that does not like regular servers and only a hand full will still play on AB .

I also noticed that there seam to be 2 servers I know of missing from the list
    Deathtoll - so far the only TLE PvP server that was merged into Stormhold and
    Raze to Trakanon an Event server that was merged into Stormhold

AB is also a special server with a slightly different set up , where the interaction of players with the game is more pronounced
    hat is also why AB is the only remaining server of the original servers .
    I don't know but I know players can sign up for events created by other players , could there be a way that players could sign up for dungeon runs other than the ones in the last expansion ?

Something else that will help is joining an active guild .
    I know I have been in dead guilds and I don't want to leave , but in an active guild it will be a lot easier to find others to group with .
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

will need to see
    if my character is good enough to be chooseed for raid, they will find him
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

In 2015, they created Skyfire, Halls of Fate and Maj`Dul servers and merged the remaining US servers onto these 3.
    AB was not being affected but there was an uproar from AB players that it was unfair that all the other US servers' characters would receive a free character transfer token if they wanted to transfer after the new servers were up. The team gave in and included AB characters for the free transfer token.
    Within a couple of days of the new Servers (MD, HoF, Skyfire) the population on AB was cut in half, if not more. It went from the most populous server to the least, in under a week.
  6. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Yup, and I still hold a grudge over this. And I refuse to move servers as Me and a friend built up a guild & guild hall and have several houses between us. Not going to do it but they ruined our server.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The server merge history is on the wiki too.

Right now, Maj'Dul is the most populated server. You can transfer characters to another server, for a fee.
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

And that's why they haven't merged.
  9. Nuggetmachine Member

I am all for getting the AB population up, but I don't think a merge would fix it. Has a lot to do with it's rule set being RP
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

There is nothing different about the rule set on AB compared to the other live servers.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Nuggetmachine Member

12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

AB is "roleplay encouraged" just like Lucan d'Lere was. Somehow LdL got merged into what is today Maj'Dul. Even in the Olde Dayes, there were tons of people who not only didn't roleplay, but who jeered at and generally scorned those who did. Because you can't MANDATE roleplay.

Similarly, there IS RP in other Live servers, here and there.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

Yep and still nothing different about the rule set. The guides show up more on AB and do more interesting things, but that's about it. Beyond that, any RP is purely player generated.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Nuggetmachine Member

that is exactly my point. ;)