Quiting TLE

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by EPICNYGHT, Jul 15, 2020.

1. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

To generate income and maybe keep your job for a tad longer?

Althought at this time, I think they burned so many bridges since 2015 that even TLE servers in EQ2 isnt much of a net income.
  2. Milksteak New Member

I think most reasonable people would agree something had to be done. There was no way the thousands of items in the game were going to be modified manually, a script based approach was the only way it was happening. The issue is the lack of proper testing of a massive change like this as evidenced by the result. Live gear was unintentionally effected and clearly the tank based items were a major problem. Realistically, how hard would it have been to apply this in a test environment and take a quick look at the results?

Also, it would have been better to roll the entire patch back for a week or two. People did quit over this and some may not come back. It may not have been very many but wouldn't the alternative of leaving people overpowered for another week or two after months of it been a better option? I understand that any time things are nerfed people get annoyed and upset and there is a need for the devs to basically make people deal with it to see where things really end up after the complaining stops, but this was a clear example of something not working as intended.
  3. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Whilst EQ2 TLE will never hit WoW Classic numbers of subscribers regardless of how well it's done, if DBG/DPG could just invest something into it, it could still be successful. It just needs more than one or two devs working on it part-time. It's pretty obvious that itemization and content require someone who can completely immerse themselves in it without being constantly distracted by stuff on the Live servers. I don't care how good of a developer you are, you're just not going to be as efficient or effective if you're constantly switching your focus. You're just going to end up trying to cut corners, and the end result is going to be lackluster. You're going to end up writing scripts that break everything at once.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

They would have to change to much back of what they changed on the regular servers , if they do they change the TLE server, that is why even at a later expansion we won't get free bell and other portal use like on the regular servers .
    Right now we won't get guild halls , because they have unobstructed portals.
    And with the pack pony they have to block all harvestables that are not appropriate , so instead of working on that , they just start a new TLE server .
    I wonder what would happen if we just stayed on this one ?
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

the same thing that happened to the other TLE servers
    some time between TSO and DoV the server gets to a point where it is 1-2 guilds raiding / less than 100 people logging in daily.

for a TLE server to have a "healthy" population after TSO, it needs to do some things differently
    - not start at T5
    - early expansions last less than 3 months
    - itemization needs to be better than what we have seen so far (people need a carrot to chase)
    Schmetterling likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Zenji I agree , my point was they bring out a new server when there is just to much they have to change to keep on going with a TLE server , if they had the itemization fixed and people were really happy , I wonder if they would not still just come out with jet another server to save them the work it would take to take out all the things that are not appropriate for that expansion .
  7. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

They've had content and features gated behind expansion/account flags for years. Otherwise F2P basically wouldn't work. That honestly is probably the least of their concerns.

If they figured out itemization, and tuned content consistently, people wouldn't quit en masse. Nobody wants to be steamrolling an entire expansion half-naked one week, and then having to spend 30+ minutes killing something for a .5% upgrade the next. The inconsistency is going to drive people nuts, and more importantly, away.

Also, Desert of Flames for 4 months can just go suck a fat one.
    Dude and Zenji like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol Mount , tisk , tisk language , but I understand , I just don't want to have to begin all over yet again :eek::(:mad: