NEW TLE server comming next month?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by eq2vet, Jul 14, 2020.

1. eq2vet New Member

It seems there trying to thin the heard. [prove me wrong]
  2. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Nah, but I did notice in Kander's post his list doesn't go past SF.
  3. Hollynator New Member

R.I.P. Kaladim next Dead TLE Server :(:(:(
  4. Ratza Well-Known Member

Restarting TLE every couple of years is getting old ... very old...and IMO a good way to lose paying subscribers who have no desire to play live or keep reliving the same content every 2 years. .
    zugbog, Argosunited and Kheldar like this.
  5. Freddie_Mercury Member

so it seems..
    An intentional debacle of this level has only one purpose...
    They want to restart and have all the bots resub for new TLE
    Kheldar likes this.
  6. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I doubt that the issues are intentional, rather just a result of overworked people using a chainsaw to slice an onion. I honestly can't tell if every time they do a new TLE server they take what they had before and move forward with that, or if they just start everything over, which is why the same issues keep cropping up.

If they could do something like a hybrid between Fallen Gate and Kaladim, and then be able to allocate dedicated resources going forward for it, then that could probably be a pretty decent TLE server. I feel like to some degree there is a chicken and egg problem with TLE. They won't allocate the resources to it because it doesn't sustain its popularity, but it can't sustain its popularity because they haven't allocated the resources to it.
    Kermitclese, Schmetterling and Zenji like this.
  7. Sizzla New Member

I tune out after Kunark (if I make it that far) and would happily return, wallet in hand, for a fresh server. I don't think I'm in the minority. There is no grand conspiracy; most people prefer earlier content and love starting new.
  8. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Hardly anyone is going to want to be stuck in old content for an extended period. And even if they did, you can always level lock. Honestly, I think part of the problem with TLE in general and one of the reasons it drops off so quickly is that it spends way too long in Desert of Flames. It just doesn't have enough content to last a whole expansion cycle, and the content it does have is pretty tedious. It honestly only needs half the time the other expansions do. Hell, it was only out 5 months on Live before KoS was released. 3-4 months on TLE is just nuts.

Itemization issues just compound problems at higher levels, causing them to bleed out faster than they otherwise would. RoK should be the peak of TLE, not it's twilight.
    Schmetterling and Foruminator like this.
  9. eq2vet New Member

Sure not getting any better:(
  10. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Personally, I have minimal desire to go passed TSO. If the server didn't die and the devs could maintain properly, I'd play through Skyshrine and then quit. I'm till holding out hope that one day we'll get a P99 style emulated classic server.
    Sevenwinds and MrSteelrose like this.
  11. Kurth Member

I just want one done right. XP needs to be way slower than on Kaladim, get rid of the primary attributes/secondary attributes and bring back Str/Dex//Sta/Wis/Int on items. Get rid of the appearance tab. Bring back spirit/corpse runs. Bring back subclass progression.
    Belthyr, MrSteelrose and Frostfang like this.
  12. Shred New Member

I was coming here to see when/If the next one would be.. Sadly I missed the launch of Kaladim and would love to pop in a new one! I feel RoK is too far in to just begin
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't think most people are here for the old content only , I came on TLE servers , because I began to play EQ2 some
    years after it first came out , and I hade a chance to play some of the instances I never got a chance to play so far .
    Unfortunately by playing on TLE servers for as long as they existed , I had now missed the chance to play those instances on the regular servers .
    So I am always behind . I wished I got a chance to play here at least up to Kunark Ascending , that's when the itemization
    just went out of hand .
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Kharnagex New Member

bleh i hope not I actually want to see DoV for a dang change, live is terrible and i really enjoyed DoV when it was new.
    eq2vet likes this.
  15. Nilyana Active Member

Where did you all hear about a new TLE server?
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

There is no announcement of a new TLE server, but the previous servers have died around the same time. Based on this people make assumptions about when Kaladim will die and a new TLE server will rise to take its place.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. ekkonox New Member

Hi, I just got back playing EQ2 again after more then ten years not playing.
    I started on kaladim 2 weeks ago. Will kaladim shut down when a never server launches? Or how long did the other TLE servers run? I don't want to play only to find out that the server will shut down in a few weeks/months or has no players because of the new server
  18. Mucko Member

This game doesn't have enough people to sustain more than 1 TLE server. IF they create a new one, which they've tried in the past, the previous one always dies and those toons get the option to move off or get dumped on AB. Personally I think they waste way too many resources trying to re-balance/re-itemize all the old gear to work with current game mechanics, and they have to do it over and over and over every time a new xpac unlocks.
  19. ekkonox New Member

AB is a live server? Ok if a new TLE comes I'll have to start completely new?

How long was the last time server running?
  20. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Oops double post. Feed the hamsters, darnit.