EQ2.exe crash: Error, File not found, runtimevdl/...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Exur, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Exur Well-Known Member

Attempting to start EQ2.exe either directly or via the station launcher (pressing "Play"), results in a quick startup flash and then shutdown. Only file I see being updated is the alertlog.txt:

build="SOEBuild=9634L" version="SOEVersionString=2013/2/4 14:52:20" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="<None>" loc=" 0.00 0.00 0.00" performance="3" alert="G:\live\eq2\framework\vdl\VdlErr.cpp(85): (VDL Parser) runtimevdl/cbaseclasses.vdl(21) : Error, File not found, runtimevdl/services.vdl.
    "
    build="SOEBuild=9634L" version="SOEVersionString=2013/2/4 14:52:20" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="<None>" loc=" 0.00 0.00 0.00" performance="3" alert="G:\live\eq2\framework\vdl\VdlErr.cpp(85): (VDL Parser) runtimevdl/cbaseclasses.vdl(22) : Error, File not found, runtimevdl/soemote.vdl.

I've tried a number of things and found this discussed briefly on the old forums, but nothing has fixed it yet.
    Please help.
    Thanks
  2. Exur Well-Known Member

I installed from scratch in a new/different directory. I was able to finally log in and was working on setting up my UI. I camped and exited. And now the issue has return. Same errors... ugh.

anyone?
  3. Flax New Member

I'm seeing the same problem. Tried installing in another drive also.

Removing the eq2_recent.ini file will allow me in, but then have to re-load ui settings. After playing for server hours (or minutes) camping and restarting I see the same startup window then sudden crash with no error message.
  4. kacsister2 New Member

I am also seeing this problem... I tried deleted the eq2_recent.ini file but all it did was lock up my computer.

Anyone else have another fix for this?
  5. Trasor Active Member

How did you solve this? Lol
  6. Exur Well-Known Member

man, this was awhile ago... no clue. Think it was automagically fixed by DB.
  7. Trasor Active Member

Fixed it by disconnecting my monitor attached to my laptop...
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Taligia New Member

Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? I have the same problem now that was forced to do Windows 1903 update. I have tried numerous things video drivers, validate game assets, dx diagnostics, rebooting of course, finally uninstalled and reinstalled and still tries to open game window for a few seconds then crashes both from launchpad and back door. Oddly enough I can get into public test server. I just don't know what else to do and am desperate. If you found the answer in the past, PLEASE share it. Thank you
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

For something like this, I'd do a /petition and get the CSRs to help figure it out.

However, first I'd suggest starting Launchpad, clicking the Advanced Tools button (crossed hammer and wrench icon) and asking it to validate files in case you have a file borked somewhere.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Taligia New Member

Thanks. The validate game assets was one of the first things I did. I have submitted a petition for technical support. Hopefully they will know how to fix. I appreciate all help!
  11. Karamella Well-Known Member

Not to necro this thread but this issue still exists and I'm desperately looking for a solution. Petitioned last weekend but the first walkthrough didn't fix it.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Go to the support site and respond to the ticket, explaining what you tried and what failed.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Karamella Well-Known Member

Yes, waiting for a response right now.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

It is possible to launch the game without waiting for the moment when all 20 or 30 GB have been downloaded. I wonder if your game was fully downloaded when you crashed?
  15. Karamella Well-Known Member

@ Evguenil
    The download went through perfectly, validation of the files was ok, no error. DirectX 9c is installed, no corrupted files found. It seems as if the package gets lost on its way to the client.
  16. Darman New Member

FIXED- It is the sound card . May be the drivers but I just did windows troubleshooter on my sound device and it turned off sound enhancements and repaired it. I then updated the sound drivers and it works like a charm. I looked at the Msinfo.txt log and at the bottom there were audio errors which intern crashed EQ2.