Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 29, 2020.

1. Shia New Member

When using the Burnt Actor it says you can Play Action when approached, question is what action? I clicked on it and nothing happened? later I noticed it says Loop action? So I guess is this supposed to be working ?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It is at the bottom of the customization window, below the armor slots.
  3. elflover Well-Known Member

Someone in homeshow chat mentioned the scorched sky bug (but never posted anything) when you cross someone else while fighting the elementals bugs you and can't get any to agro any more you til you zone and come back. I cant confirm it yet, I saved a lot of coins last year so haven't ran it but will here in a few.

Have tried several times and have not been able to get bug to work..not sure what they were doing but my guess is the zoning and coming back helped because after mentioned I didnt here a peep.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have had to move through the various fire elementals, until then I cannot attack, says not an enemy.

Occasionally, it will attack if I am near by. I would say, less than 10 feet distance in the game world.

However, majority of the time I have to lunge my character at/through the elemental.

And the panda monk Qinlin Lou doesn't seem to want to engage the elementals. Sometimes he does, mostly he doesn't. I went to The Sinking Sands and the panda had no problem attacking mobs.

This is on Maj'Dul. evening of June 25.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. MSG1 Member

any links to any flame themed gear that drops during this event and possible mobs ?seen a lava cloak earlier in listless spires drop but missed the name of it
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, if memory serves (haven't fought any this year), they're one of those bloody "it'll scale to your level, but only after you crawl up its nostrils, even if your best moves are at a distance or in Stealth" things. X-P

Yes, yes, I know it saves on having to make or revamp a separate zone, but gods, that's annoying. >:-/

Uwk
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yup, only tried one elemental with a 110 adv level character. Not again. Didn't have my merc up, figured i didn't need him. Whew. Took a couple of minutes to take that one out.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

From what I understand, folks recommend NOT going after a "scale to yer level" critter at a holiday event at either 110 or 120, but auto-mentoring down to something not quite there. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It's better to mentor down because there's several tiers of gear at those levels, so except if you have current good gear for that tier it's hard to kill.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Sharde New Member

Since this is the only place I see Burnt House Actor mentioned, I will ask my question. I selected Human, typed in name, and the box will not let me confirm selection... key is not working...what am I missing?
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

You need to type the character name of the one selecting the race (such as Sharde), not the name that you want the house actor to be. It is a final confirmation before you select the race, since the race cannot be changed once you select it.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is true; all the Actors (Burnt, Shadow, regular) are like that. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just noticed , that I really like the outfit the sparkler quest giver in Gorowin wears , it's not as loud as the flaming outfits ,
    but elegant .
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I have an idea , why not give the sparkler guy one set of items you can only get there and put all the other things out into the over land zones , so the sparkler guy still have a purpose besides for level 5 toons ,
    or Kaladim . ( this year only , right ? )
  15. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I wonder if it is like the outfits I noticed on some of the devotees on the rock in The Commonlands? More of a reddish orange than a real orange like the current available outfit, and no shoulder flames!
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

no , that outfit the sparkler guys wear is a subdued coppery to bronzy with a hint of silver color
    It has no sleeves and snake shaped upper arm rings that twist themselves around the upper arm .
    No Flames , no lava , a lot more supple , but because of the interesting patterns and metal simmering shades
    it a lot more sophisticated .
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Anyone notice that the Burnt House Actors seem to "project" (or bellow, whatever) much further than regular Actors? Like an idiot, I neglected to get a Magic Mouth type sign from the Gorowyn City Festival (and can we get a Magic Mouth sign for Tinkerfest? If any non-City Festival holiday would have it...), so I thought I'd be cute and use a House Actor for the "voice" and just bury the Actor within a wall or an object. I've got the Message Range out to like 4.0 for the buried Actor, and like 0.25 for one of the Burnt Actors, and no matter how I place them, the Burnt Actor is always "heard" first. :-/

Do I have to put the buried Actor into an item that doesn't have any collision detection for it to be "heard"? :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have projection problems with the ghost house actor too.
    If you need a Gorowyn sign, I should have one that I can drop for you.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have a burnt house actor on one of my toons, haven't installed it yet. Hmm...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.