Is this a joke?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kittik, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Kittik Well-Known Member

The gear drops and itemization that is currently up on Kaladim. Is this some sort of joke?

Cloth gear with better tank stats than plate armor?

Raid drops that are a laugh compared to what is dropping from named mobs in contested and uncontested zones?

We were excited to begin raiding and after doing PR we are almost positive we won't raid it again.
    If there were a path of gear progression in the raids zones, PR < CoD < VP and the gear progressed in those zones it would make sense.

BUT. we are finding BiS items from nameds out in the world. And nothing we saw in PR even came close to those items. This is such a **** show.
    Argosunited and Anib like this.
  2. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I remember posting about this back on Stormhold when everything in Lower Seb was better than VP gear.
  3. Ghorast Active Member

making itemization bot to do 10-20% higher stats for raid gear is too hard
    Kittik likes this.
  4. Naneeje Well-Known Member

As a tank, I could have upgraded 8 pieces so far if I chose to put CLoth on :)
    Yes, tank gear is missing all of it's mitigation for mid range quest gear. Surprising, but I don't think they meant it as a joke, and remember, healers are loving a lot of this plate gear :) Since there is usually 2 plate healers to every one plate tank, I can see the drop rate for them is better. However, I am seriously lacking mitigation gear right now and therefore having trouble staying alive to simpler bosses, but when I put all my old raid gear on, I fair much better. Stats are not supporting changing it out at the moment. It is going to suck going straight from EOF raid gear to ROK Raid gear and not having fun with the 4-5 levels in between :(
    Kittik likes this.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

There is good tank gear out there pre raid. You just have to look for it. If you are sitting in mostly EoF gear still, you are doing it wrong. (unless you are a brawler, then RIP)
    Naneeje likes this.
  6. Naneeje Well-Known Member

I've got some good pieces in the last few days, you are correct. Did you find anything to replace the Hunter's Shield?
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

I got a couple shields that are decent, so holding onto them in the "hope" after the 2nd itemization pass they are good. But not holding my breath.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I laugh, because Back In The Day, Crusaders did in fact wear cloth for a while to get the extra INT, because it affected their damage. That's long since changed, thankfully.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Naneeje Well-Known Member

We used to own the parse in Drunder as a Pally/SK :) we cremated AOE dps because of wisdom/int increase to gear.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. blackshad New Member

well...
    It's not a joke
    Every TLE is like that. The devs never fixed these issues and never will
    EQ2 is a dying game. They spend very limited ressources on it. Take it or leave it i guess
    I enjoyed the last TLE, but the massive amount of problems and no hope of solutions got rid of any motivation i had to play anymore
    Kittik likes this.
  11. Jalathan Active Member

I remember those days... not overly fondly at that...